Murree Incident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Murree Incident

I dont see a thread on this topic so here we go..

20 people froze to death in the terrible incident. I'm sure everyone must have heard of it. Who do you think is responsible? How can we make sure it doesnt happen ever again to anyone. Like literally never.

https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/924...serious-lapses
    Attitude is more important than facts.
    "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

The incompetent government is responsible. I think CM Boozzie didn't even knew Murree is in Punjab. It is not unusual to get such a snowstorm in Murree. Murree has received heavier snowfalls in the past. Heaviest snowfall in Murree during the last 40 years happened on the night of 11th Feb 2005 when it snowed 16 inches within few hours. And it snowed for 8 days straight. There are well established SOPs made by previous governments. Had those SOPs been followed, it would've been just another snowstorm. But it looks like no one in the government knows how to govern. Their tweets advertise their incompetence:

But the best are their u-turns:

Comment

Originally posted by decentGuy View Post
      The incompetent government is responsible. I think CM Boozzie didn't even knew Murree is in Punjab. It is not unusual to get such a snowstorm in Murree. Murree has received heavier snowfalls in the past. Heaviest snowfall in Murree during the last 40 years happened on the night of 11th Feb 2005 when it snowed 16 inches within few hours. And it snowed for 8 days straight. There are well established SOPs made by previous governments. Had those SOPs been followed, it would've been just another snowstorm. But it looks like no one in the government knows how to govern. Their tweets advertise their incompetence:

But the best are their u-turns:

Calling a tabdeeli govt a incompetent is by itself a blasphemy! But yea i couldnt agree more.

But thats what happens when there are hand-picked establishment lovers implemented to run the country.

I saw IK's tweet where he blamed the victims and others to be there without checking the forecast. My question is that, snow season is actually the fun season for winter loving peeps but for argument's sake lets assume he is right, would that have saved all the lives? Most likely yes, but then they should shutdown entire murree and northern areas during winter season and i'm sure there would be no casualty. Except ofcourse tourism would die but hey no tourists, no deaths. Problem solved.
      Attitude is more important than facts.
      "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Comment

Originally posted by SID_NY View Post
        But thats what happens when there are hand-picked establishment lovers implemented to run the country.
        I was hearing a journalist who noted that although all civilian governments in Pakistan come into power with the backing of establishment, but once they are in power no one else needed as much babysitting as IK because IK has learned governance only from WhatsApp university. IK would've been a far better PM, had he not wasted his years in parliament and would've been part of some parliamentary committee in order to understand the dynamics of governance.

As far as establishment is concerned, I think establishment is set to get a thrashing they've never gotten before once IK is out of power, from IK's ideological supporters who mostly live overseas.

Comment

Content of Government inquiry report are out
          Administration is sole responsible

The incompetent government is responsible

It was only 17"inch ice in 2 days however rhe weather forecast was never taken
          serious

All happening was just 25 miles away of PM House

Ice removing machines were not used , 22 out of 25 remained park at one place

بنی گلہ سے صرف 25 میل دور معمول کی برفباری بنی گلہ سے صرف میل دور معمول کی برفباری میں عمران نیازی/بزدار حکومت کو غفلت سے درجنوں افراد جان سے گئے
          تحقیقاتی رپورٹ کے مطابق مری میں برف ہٹانے والی مشینری ایک جگہ کھڑی تھی اور عملہ غائب تھا۔
          محکمہ موسمیات کی وارننگ کو بھی مسلسل نظر انداز کیا گیا
          سوال صرف اتنا ہے کہ کیا ہمارے ادارے اتنے ناکارہ ہیں کہ انسانی جانوں کی حفاظت کے بارے سوچ ہی نہیں سکتے؟
          #منحوس_تبدیلی
          قتل عام کے بعد مری میں لوگوں کا داخلہ بند ہے صرف ذمہ داران مری کی سیر کو آ رہے ہیں

JANG.COM.PK
          سانحہ مری کی تحقیقات مکمل، معاملہ انتظامیہ کی غفلت قرار
          سانحہ مری پر قائم 5 رکنی انکوائری کمیٹی نے اپنی تحقیقات مکمل کرکے لاہور کےلیے روانہ ہوگئی۔

Comment

Working...
          X