Distant Relatives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Distant Relatives

of Covid sahib have come around with a very he Merry Christmas and a Happy new year

and its 2 yrs + now of corona sahib now

hows the situation in the rest of the area ?

lockdown ?

Compulsury vaccine?

how much affected are you guys?

whats your expectation for the next year

anyone experience quarantining?

Or recover from it ? Do/Don'ts?

etc etc

Glad someone started this topic. Everyone is just tired of the pandemic now and do not want to even talk about it.

I was taking the Omicron wave lightly, until I started hearing of acute illnesses within my circle, despite all of them being fully vaccinated. Although everyone has recovered now, some of the folks went through the worst illness of their lives yet due to it.

As always the tests are still unreliable, I had to spend months to find out about covid restrictions before booking my international flights because of the policies in the UK, EU, Turkey, and Gulf countries as all of them are major connecting flight hubs. My personal experience was worse in 2021 than in 2020, and expecting it to get even worse in 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by batameez View Post
      It's getting worse by the day. New cases have 10x in the last week alone.

Life before COVID-19 has almost become a distant memory.

lockdown ?
      There have been talks of a curfew maybe, but the economy is already in shambles. So I wouldn't bet on it.

Compulsury vaccine?
      Yes, getting vaccinated is mandatory here where I live. You cannot travel outside of the country without it.

Moreover, If it's been more than 9 months since you've had your second shot, your status will now be automatically changed to 'partially vaccinated' and you must get a booster shot to reclaim your title of being "fully vaccinated".

Not being able to travel for as long as I have is absolutely unprecedented for me. The family and I had plans of flying to the US to close on our new home, but it seems this will have to either be done remotely or postponed until travel restrictions ease-up a bit.

Other than that, I'm really tired of having to wear face masks.

More of the same to be honest. There is talk of COVID-19 becoming an 'endemic' by the year 2024, so we'll have to wait and see. But I'm certain that our lives will never be the same again. At least for the next few years.

anyone experience quarantining? Or recover from it ? Do/Don'ts?
      Came down with COVID-19 about 6 months ago. Can say without hesitation that it was by-far the worst thing I've ever experienced.

6 months on and I'm fairly certain that I have 'long-COVID' or whatever it's called. As I still haven't been able to fully recover my sense of smell or taste, and my body is in the worst shape it has ever been despite working out 6 days a week, 2 hours a day and playing a myriad of sports. Mind you, depending on who you choose to believe, either the 'tin-foil hat enthusiasts' or 'big pharma & the WHO' (both shady as f**k), my symptoms could also be the side effects of the vaccine.

As far as do's & don't are concerned;
      • Do get vaccinated, at least you won't die.
      • Don't get COVID-19.
      etc etc
      Yes.
      "Some people believe that necessity is the mother of Invention, but they're wrong, its War" - James May

Comment

Amicron has not created any panic in Pk so far. Waiting for next variant, Abucron
        We are all in the same game, just different levels•
        Dealing with the same hell, just different devils•

Comment

Originally posted by decentGuy View Post
          Glad someone started this topic. Everyone is just tired of the pandemic now and do not want to even talk about it.

I was taking the Omicron wave lightly, until I started hearing of acute illnesses within my circle, despite all of them being fully vaccinated. Although everyone has recovered now, some of the folks went through the worst illness of their lives yet due to it.
          The only upside to the vaccine is that the chances of a fatal COVID infection are much lower than otherwise.

Originally posted by decentGuy View Post
          As always the tests are still unreliable, I had to spend months to find out about covid restrictions before booking my international flights because of the policies in the UK, EU, Turkey, and Gulf countries as all of them are major connecting flight hubs. My personal experience was worse in 2021 than in 2020, and expecting it to get even worse in 2022.
          A friend just returned from the UK a couple of days ago, her PCR test was negative 4 hours before her flight. After landing in Kuwait, she took another PCR test as it is mandatory here, and the result was positive. She has no symptoms and is absolutely certain that she does not have COVID, but has to quarantine for 14 days nonetheless and thanks to COVID laws cannot get another test done until she has completed her quarantine period.

COVID testing is very much a Schrodinger's cat. You're negative and positive, it's only when the symptoms start to appear are you fairly certain, unless you're asymptomatic.
          "Some people believe that necessity is the mother of Invention, but they're wrong, its War" - James May

Comment

Originally posted by Sheeda Pistol View Post
            Amicron has not created any panic in Pk so far. Waiting for next variant, Abucron
            That is so funny. I was in a market in Karachi last year wearing mask when a random uncle came up to me, first made fun of my mask then insisted on shaking my hand so I had to shake his hand.

Comment

of Covid sahib have come around with a very he Merry Christmas and a Happy new year

lockdown ?

Compulsury vaccine?

etc etc

Generally speaking, people are tired of it, and i think that govts are basing their decisions on the mood of the public.
              Events are happening all over..concerts, races, sports events etc...with full capacity.
              Vaccination is not mandatory where I am.........but PCR tests are required for travel, or access to events.

Omicron has taken the world by surprise. Govts are trying to play it down by saying, its not as severe....even reducing quarantime times.

Overall, i think public mood is the driving force now.

Comment

Pakistan seems to have herd immunity or maybe they take it as normal flu like thing

catching covid in flights is a common thing , you can be negative before travel and positive after landing

rich countries also seems to have thr worse of it , maybe stop hoarding and sharing covid related stuff la

mask wearing hit 4 yrs now

vaccinated or not one have to die anyway , testing seems more reliable then vaccination as 2 dose , 3rd dose , boosters which will keep increasing as tied to everchanging covid

Travelling is a big No during such time and i think 2022 will likely be v expensive

Thanks for sharing btw

lets hope 2022 brings a end to this covid sahib

May you lots be in good health and in peace

Ameen

Comment

batameez
                  "ik parhee likhee jahil"
                  batameez

Some thoughts to ponder over:

1. If pakistanis have herd immmunity, does it mean herd immunoty against all variants,. Ammicron is supposedly a new variant.
                  2. Life expectancy in Pk is 67. Much lower than US and Euro cointries.
                  3. Immune system / self defence mechanism of pakistanis is weaker in general. Antibiotic abuse is rampant here, where doctors give antibiotic for pretty much everything, even common cold.
                  4. Its winter here, ive seen more people get sick because of common cold than any covid variant.

​​​​
                  We are all in the same game, just different levels•
                  Dealing with the same hell, just different devils•

Comment

People who grew up around natural mud/dirt compare with man made chemicals tend to have better immune system

Countries vs Cities

One is closer to nature and the other is all sanitizer , floor cleaner, air freshener/purifier etc etc

Herd community meaning the natural immunity base is strong , variants wont do much as chances high will recover after having it

Pakistan is vast and big and many places dont have proper record of date if birth and some are estimated ones

Am referring to older generation which some have multiple IDs

Now is different as strict with 1 ID and has proper system of record

Thats why i doubt the official figures

My own nani elder sister passed away +100 yr old few years ago in pakistan

Antibiotics abuse is true but i believe desi hakeem/nuska usage is higher

Comment

lockdown ?

Compulsury vaccine?

etc etc

Was supposed to be flying Jan 01st for holiday, instead got hit by Omi so now its all isolation. I hate it but suckin it up. Ironic how i evaded the red hot era but now bam. But its not just me, every other person is down with it.

It was expected during holiday season but still the pace is far more than predicted.

In my opinion its exactly the same as early to mid 2020. It has hit US, UK and Europe and eventually it'll hit Pak, India as well. Just a matter of time.

Vaccination defo help. Its proven. But if there are anti-vaccines out here, not gona waste my breathe arguing about it.
                      Attitude is more important than facts.
                      "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Comment

Originally posted by SID_NY View Post

Was supposed to be flying Jan 01st for holiday, instead got hit by Omi so now its all isolation. I hate it but suckin it up. Ironic how i evaded the red hot era but now bam. But its not just me, every other person is down with it.

It was expected during holiday season but still the pace is far more than predicted.

In my opinion its exactly the same as early to mid 2020. It has hit US, UK and Europe and eventually it'll hit Pak, India as well. Just a matter of time.

Vaccination defo help. Its proven. But if there are anti-vaccines out here, not gona waste my breathe arguing about it.
                        I'm a huge fan of your english. Care to share a tutorial for us all to learn from?

Comment

Working...
                      X