Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sri Lankan lynched in Sialkot factory

No thread for this news???

This is on the head of Imran Niazi who is weak at heart and not secure in his own religiosity so he has to appear religious and appease terrorists to appears as a "good muslim".

I know that majority of Pakistanis are emotional idiots but this is what you get when your whole nation is chaval.
    Seven more prime suspects apprehended over Priyantha Kumara's killing, taking total arrests to 131.

The incident is sad but not surprising. I’ve read lots of commentary on the incident but most of it is aimed at selling some chooran. Those who’ve always been against IK are blaming IK, those who’ve always been against TLP are blaming TLP, those who’ve always been against Ullema are blaming the Ullema, those who’ve always been against media are blaming the media, those who’ve always been against 295c are blaming 295c, so on and so forth. I do not think those things are as important as they are being made up to be.

The increasing fearlessness of law is the root cause of Sialkot incident, as well as of spike in number of rapes, sexual harassments, robberies, murders, mob attacks, and other crimes. Every day there are crimes committed solely because the perpetrators rightly believe they will get away with it. Everyday more than one such crime is reported in local news but they barely get registered on our senses anymore. Just in the last 24hrs for example, I’ve come across news that a man was killed by some men over a dispute over his dog not on a leash. Another news within the same 24hrs was of some poor women who wanted to drink water but were locked into a shop, stripped and beaten then accused of robbery.

I once secretly called the police in Pakistan because people had caught a mobile snatcher and were beating him with tree branches. The so called educated few there were calling for killing the robber before police would arrive. From traffic accidents, to everyday disputes, whoever is more powerful uses that power without delegating dispute resolution to authorities, which are deeply lacking as well. The robber was taken somewhere else, and the police arrived after everyone had left. Moral of all of that is that nothing is going to change anytime soon and is set to get worse, so ordinary people who cannot call upon some gang, tribe, or force should use extreme caution in Pakistan. Otherwise they can get disabled for life in the very least for even a minor infraction.

Comment

Originally posted by Doppelganger View Post

This is on the head of Imran Niazi who is weak at heart and not secure in his own religiosity so he has to appear religious and appease terrorists to appears as a "good muslim".
      Astaghfirullah. That's blasphemy! Its all doing of NS, PMLN, PPP etc etc.

Remember the rule:
      anything good happens the credit goes to PTI govt and the brilliant team of clowns, err, i mean ministers.

anything bad, its always previous govts.
      Attitude is more important than facts.
      "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Comment

Its heart-wrenching incident but no its nothing new.

Last time when i visited Pak i think 5 yrs back now (wow time flies), there was an incident when the shopkeepers/shoppers caught a boy trying to steal something and then tortured him right then and there to death. Even that was not the first of this kinda incident. And I vocally protested in my convos with the locals as this is grossly inhumane.

But as you know there's always an excuse for everything.

Now this one was more religious fanatism so ofcourse there were "reasons" for it, and if not, it doesnt matter really. The current aftermath uproar is ONLY because the poor soul was Srilankan, who are ofcourse the one of the very few friend countries of Pak.

Overall the blame goes to entire society. Everyone of us. We are definitely not doing enough to mitigate this insanity whether due to a religious reason or social. RIP.
        Attitude is more important than facts.
        "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Comment

When it comes to powerful elite, our state fails to do justice, for example sahiwal case (where poweful police officers were involved), shahrukh jatoii case (where waderas of sindh were involved), kharotabad case (where rangers killed poor unarmed foreign civilians of a weak Muslim country), naqeebullah mehsud case (that gave birth to anti-state PTM that has become a sarr dard to the state, yet rao Anwar is still at large, our chamri is thick looks like ), you name it.

I am sure all those who killed the sirilankan will be hanged till death this time around since those involved are ordinary citizens and have no powerful person behind to back them up.
          This is basically a banana republic where ordinary awam are jahil and elite class that has gone too secular is above the law.

Comment

Originally posted by Pakistani Prince View Post
          When it comes to powerful elite, our state fails to do justice, for example sahiwal case (where poweful police officers were involved), shahrukh jatoii case (where waderas of sindh were involved), kharotabad case (where rangers killed poor unarmed foreign civilians of a weak Muslim country), naqeebullah mehsud case (that gave birth to anti-state PTM that has become a sarr dard to the state, yet rao Anwar is still at large, our chamri is thick looks like ), you name it.

I am sure all those who killed the sirilankan will be hanged till death this time around since those involved are ordinary citizens and have no powerful person behind to back them up.
          This is basically a banana republic where ordinary awam are jahil and elite class that has gone too secular is above the law.
          You've raised a good point about Police, Military, CTD, etc. They commit grave crimes too under the holy slogan of security, perhaps many more than any other group in Pakistan. I used to never understand the problem, until I listened to/about some people who became their targets.

Comment

Working...
          X