Taliban: New US ally?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Look at how the Generals play their games and rot the things for their own country, whether its US, Pak , India or elsewhere

Biden made several missteps, some of them disastrous, in the pace and sequence of the withdrawal. Most of all, he should have pulled out all the spies, contractors, U.S. citizens, and Afghan helpers before pulling out all the troops. But on the big picture, he was right, and the generals, as they now grudgingly admit, were wrong
      He made several missteps, but on the big picture, he was right.
      Attitude is more important than facts.
      "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Comment

And here is whats in pipeline for Pak as a punishment, a bill being prepared by US senators, though most likely it may not pass.

Its just few days after our honorable poster navzzz who knows far more than me claimed that republicans are better than democrats for Pak.

It’s not clear what likelihood the draft legislation has of becoming law. In the evenly-split Senate, no Democrats joined Republican Senator James Risch in cosponsoring the legislation. The bill would authorize sanctions on those providing support to the Taliban, including foreign governments, according to a statement from Risch.
        https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-u-s-sanctions

Comment

Originally posted by SID_NY View Post
          Look at how the Generals play their games and rot the things for their own country, whether its US, Pak , India or elsewhere
          Bob Woodward wrote something similar about the US Generals in 2010. Bob Woodward went as far back as 2006 to suggest that US presidents saw the futility of the ambitious plans drawn up by the Generals. Yet multiple US presidents failed to get out of Afghanistan due to being "boxed in" by the US establishment. Officials making up the US establishment have been part of those institutions for 40 or 50 years, and they collectively see themselves to have much better understanding of US national interest, compared to a politician who is going to be there for 4 or a maximum of 8 years. Biden has basically taken a bullet for the next presidents. Even though Trump and Obama know the truth but for political expediency, they won't say it. I will not be surprised if Biden's next generation may have to leave the US to live in peace.

Biden is like Mikhail Gorbachev, who too was new in power and tried to correct course before it was too late. Soviet generals wanted to massively expand the Afghan war, but they didn't got those wishes fulfilled because Gorbachev knew of far greater challenges facing the union than the generals had realized.

"War is too important to be left to the generals," Clemenceau famously said.

Comment

• SID_NY
            SID_NY commented
            Editing a comment
            I think Trump doesnt like wars either as much as he boasts around, but mainly becuz he is a businessman. Wars mean losses, specially to infrastructure and real estate. Everyone knows i hate him but i admire him for his pulling out troops and not making any more ventures.

• queer
            queer commented
            Editing a comment
            Trump's motives arent all that deep - he likes popularity and ratings and strongmen and soldiers. Pulling troops out of wars gives him a boost with soldiers who are already pretty much aligned with his brash style of ugly-americanism.

Taliban soldiers and their mullahs are getting targeted and taken out every single day now by ISIS using the same tactics taliban used for decades - IEDs, public ambush, suicide attacks at funerals. Taliban arresting and executing dozens including some salafi mullahs claiming they are ISIS. This is not going to go well for anyone. Afghanistan is so utterly and completely done for next decade at the very least.
          Simple ain't easy.

Comment

• SID_NY
            SID_NY commented
            Editing a comment
            and its not only for them, its not going to end well for anyone, including Pakistan. So those who are celebrating this success should worry more to get more protection before this apparent temporary calm turns into a havoc

An article published in NYT talks of CIA's woes in Afghanistan. Goes to show how crucial the cooperation between Russia, China, Iran and Pakistan has been and going to be in the future to avert any mischief to disturb the peace in the region.

It has some good news such as:

Sometimes, informants who are discovered by adversarial intelligence services are not arrested, but instead are turned into double agents who feed disinformation to the C.I.A., which can have devastating effects on intelligence collection and analysis. Pakistanis have been particularly effective in this sphere, former officials said.
          and some bad news such as:

As a result, the pressure is once again on the C.I.A. to build and maintain networks of informants in Pakistan, a country with a record of discovering and breaking those networks.

Comment

• SID_NY
            SID_NY commented
            Editing a comment
            lol no I didnt make it up nor assumed. Thats a very well known fact of the unfortunate incident. now i'm not saying that lets US officials off the hook cuz ofcourse it was them who pulled the trigger. But it cements to what I said, nobody wins in a war. Unless you are happy that an attack went wrong and civilians, who were actually american allies died?!
            Secondly when you call them laaton ke bhoot, whose laaten i.e. kicks should it be? Pakistanis or Afghanis? And yes when i say leave AF alone obviously i want the same for other countries like syria, iraq etc.

• decentGuy
            decentGuy commented
            Editing a comment
            SID_NY 1st: "U.S. military observers using an unmanned vehicle high above the city thought the containers were explosives." narrates Washington Post. Blaming it on anyone else is made up by you. The war has already been won by Afghans.
            2nd: Kicks of Afghans and everyone else who was against the occupation.

• SID_NY
            SID_NY commented
            Editing a comment
            lol bruh you keep on saying the same thing.. ok so yea feel free to believe whatever

Meanwhile former Afghan officials are busy parking their ill gotten wealth around the world:

Buys $20.9 Million Beverly Hills Mansion

Comment

SID_NY , do you believe that Pakistan provided the faulty intelligence in Kabul?
            I don't believe that Pakistan is at fault for the withdrawal fiasco at all in Afghanistan.

As for Pakistanis, I don't know why many of them are doing bhangra when **** hitting the fan will literally fly across into Pakistan. It is only Pakistani soldiers/border patrol dying left and right and bomb blasts against civilians aren't far behind considering what ISIS has been doing in Afghanistan recently.

Aunty Wendy has already ordered Pakistan to keep border open for "SIVs" and "promised" that "the West" will fly them out. This Aunty is the same who was all smiles for bilateral relationship in Pakistan while specifically denying a broad relationship with Pakistan in meetings at an indian forum the day before. I think that it is the later since Pakistan's economy has no use for America and America is mad and will punish Pakistan one way or the other. I can't put it past Imm the Dim or is it Taliban Khan? (this sounds more accurate) more afghans and NDS agents inside Pakistan to get more $$$ from EU. The economy is going no where as chawwali is easy but delivering on export zones is hard.

In other news, Pakistan royally ****ed up its relationship with the Saudis by SMQ giving ultimatums to them all for useless OIC to pass some resolutions on Kashmir. What good will OIC do when UN hasn't been able to do jack **** for 70+ years?
            Erdogan barks because Turkey has an economy and doesn't survive on loans from IMF and friendly countries. He still speaks more intelligently than Imm the Dimm with his stupid outbursts of calling Osama a martyr. SMQ's "no comment" on if OBL was a martyr wouldn't have had happened since I would have fired him after the Saudi fiasco. What a duffer buffoon chilla baz from multan!

Let us also not forget that Pakistan's inept handling of CPEC be it at Dasu or generally by not prioritizing provision of resources be it utilities or raw materials for export zones has let to lost interest by the Chinese and Qataris to invest in Pakistan.

Comment

Originally posted by Doppelganger View Post
              SID_NY , do you believe that Pakistan provided the faulty intelligence in Kabul?
              I don't believe that Pakistan is at fault for the withdrawal fiasco at all in Afghanistan.

As for Pakistanis, I don't know why many of them are doing bhangra when **** hitting the fan will literally fly across into Pakistan. It is only Pakistani soldiers/border patrol dying left and right and bomb blasts against civilians aren't far behind considering what ISIS has been doing in Afghanistan recently.

Aunty Wendy has already ordered Pakistan to keep border open for "SIVs" and "promised" that "the West" will fly them out. This Aunty is the same who was all smiles for bilateral relationship in Pakistan while specifically denying a broad relationship with Pakistan in meetings at an indian forum the day before. I think that it is the later since Pakistan's economy has no use for America and America is mad and will punish Pakistan one way or the other. I can't put it past Imm the Dim or is it Taliban Khan? (this sounds more accurate) more afghans and NDS agents inside Pakistan to get more $$$ from EU. The economy is going no where as chawwali is easy but delivering on export zones is hard.

In other news, Pakistan royally ****ed up its relationship with the Saudis by SMQ giving ultimatums to them all for useless OIC to pass some resolutions on Kashmir. What good will OIC do when UN hasn't been able to do jack **** for 70+ years?
              Erdogan barks because Turkey has an economy and doesn't survive on loans from IMF and friendly countries. He still speaks more intelligently than Imm the Dimm with his stupid outbursts of calling Osama a martyr. SMQ's "no comment" on if OBL was a martyr wouldn't have had happened since I would have fired him after the Saudi fiasco. What a duffer buffoon chilla baz from multan!

Let us also not forget that Pakistan's inept handling of CPEC be it at Dasu or generally by not prioritizing provision of resources be it utilities or raw materials for export zones has let to lost interest by the Chinese and Qataris to invest in Pakistan.
              No, despite the fact that Pakistani ISI chief was present in Kabul himself, one thing they wont want is a direct confrontation with US. The blame entirely goes to the fall of the weakest of all Afghani govt and then the chaotic attempts of fleeing all previous US (afghani) aides and that ofcourse includes all sorta spies. After the unfortunate death of 13 US marines the govt desperately wanted to show some pulse and they did two drone attacks. First one was claimed as success, but hey who knows!
              Second one was the worst where they destroyed one of their own informant's house who was waiting for US visa with family. Either way the fault still goes to the hectic and abrupt decision making whether its a drone attack or a stupid withdrawl without any real planning.

But you know whats the most funny (yet sad) part. the confused state of mind of Pakistanis and molvi sympathizers. After watchin 500 episodes of Ertugural they think its a new era again where Pak-Afg together will take down every anti-Islam. But on the other hand Afghanistan is ready to sit on China's lap same as Pakistan. Now ask them about Chinese govt oppression against their own muslims and everyone goes mum. And then all of a sudden it becomes Chinese internal matter lol.

Comment

Working...
              X