Taliban: New US ally?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taliban: New US ally?

I know there is a lot of jubilation going all over Pakistan, less due to Taliban's victory but more for the impression of American "defeat" being called as the most humiliating and what not. It may be true but I have a different opinion. So lets discuss this.

Taliban and US started negotiation 2-3 years back first secretly and then publicly in Doha, Qatr under Trump administration. They reached a historic agreement. Afghan Govt were clearly against it. But US was still negotiating with them.

American regime changed but the current Biden admin decided to stick with the same policy. For those who may not know Biden, when he was Obama's VP was strongly against keeping US army in Afghanistan but ofcourse of it was not his choice.

Everyone is stunned on how quickly Taliban took over and how US was no where to be seen. In his emergency speech, Biden defended his decision to pull out completely saying "the buck stops with me".

I strongly think that US made its policy to let Taliban take over exactly how they did. They knew that the $1 trillion they spent on that good for nothing corrupt afghan govt was in a waste. Infact Biden mentioned openly that he asked Afghan govt to negotiate with Taliban but they rejected.

ow they know what happens when you say no to Uncle Sam!

Taliban since they started fighting against Afghan govt and specially after their treaty with US govt, never attacked any US base. Never hurt any american. As soon as they took over Kabul ,they started safeguarding US embassy.

Yesterday US foreign diplomat asked Taliban to include women in the govt and today T's spokesman did the exact same thing, asking women to join in.

What will US get out of it?
    A) Pulling of all troops safely.
    B) Not spending $$ in afghanistan
    C) A headache to Iran since Taliban are never in favor of them. Clearly Iran is American main enemy for last few years.
    D) Russia isnt happy with Taliban either since it never likes Islamic presence in central asia and other neighboring states.

Does it make any sense or is my mind reading too much into it?
    Attitude is more important than facts.
    "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

● If Taliban go back to their ways of 90s i.e

a) Revenge
    b) curbs on women rights etc

people will condemn them saying they are still the same.

●Now when they have clearly said that

a) there will be no revenge (already practically shown)
    b) women will be given their rights within the boundaries of ISLAM

i don't get why we are still not happy? Why still conspiracy theories? Does not that mean there is a certain kind of hatred against them that has nothing to do with human or women rights?
    Last edited by Pakistani Prince; Aug 18, 2021, 01:13 AM.

Comment

I think the Talibans deserve some praise for their preservation and strategy. Hopefully this time they might be different, implement at least a quasi democratic government, avoid harboring terrorists and safeguard women's and minority rights.
      Doctor, 17+ countries, surfer, hiker, skier and yoga fan… get the picture?

Comment

• SID_NY
        SID_NY commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree but they wouldnt make it without rock solid help from Islamabad and then eventually US getting tired of fake Afghan govt

Given how the US treats its allies, if true this would be bad news for Taliban.

I dont see it though. There is no oil. Taliban would be all the bad things about Saudia with none of the money.
      Simple ain't easy.

Comment

Can we take Biden for the face value of what he is saying, He is saying that if Afghans dont care about Afghani women than why should we care. This is the policy of apathy that I was worried about. US will stop policing other nations for human rights and this could really hurt monorities in India, Maynamar etc. USA has learnt that easiest way of aquiring wealth is to print money, they printed trillions and due to their unique status their Dollar goes up and not down. Why do the need to fight wars if they can simply print dollars and buy whatever they need. USA is the largest oil producer and can get shortfall from non Arab countries and due to modern technologies they do not need ground intel and can find a needle on ground with a satellite and have atomic Subs that can easily target any spot on earth.

They have secured partnership in India and as such have no need for smaller neighbours.

Comment

Last edited by Pakistani Prince; Aug 18, 2021, 01:20 AM.

Comment

افغانستان کی طالبان حکومت کے ممکنہ سربراہ ملا عبدل غنی برادر 2010 میں کراچی سے گرفتار ہوئے تھے اور آٹھ سال سے زائد پاکستانی قید میں رہنے کے بعد 25 اکتوبر 2018 کو قطر مذاکرات میں شرکت کے لئے امریکی حکم پر انہیں رہا کر دیا گیا تھا

JANG.COM.PK
            ملا برادر 20 سال بعد افغانستان واپس، شاندار استقبال، ملک میں معمولات زندگی بحال

5:27
            Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar: The man who is likely to become ...
            YouTube ABP NEWS
            1 day ago

0:55
            Who is Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar, Taliban leader likely to ...
            YouTube ThePrint
            1 day ago

1:20
            Abdul Ghani Baradar Doha se Kandahar Pohunch gaey ...
            YouTube Geo News
            16 hours ago

Comment

Originally posted by navzzz View Post
              I think the Talibans deserve some praise for their preservation and strategy.
              Heaven forbid, you utter those words out in public. You'll go from being a law abiding citizen of the commonwealth of Australia, to public enemy of the state in no time.
              "Some people believe that necessity is the mother of Invention, but they're wrong, its War" - James May

Comment

• navzzz
                navzzz commented
                Editing a comment
                I might be a British and Australian citizen, but I will always be a Pakistani to speak my mind!

Originally posted by Bobby1 View Post
              Can we take Biden for the face value of what he is saying, He is saying that if Afghans dont care about Afghani women than why should we care. This is the policy of apathy that I was worried about. US will stop policing other nations for human rights and this could really hurt monorities in India, Maynamar etc. USA has learnt that easiest way of aquiring wealth is to print money, they printed trillions and due to their unique status their Dollar goes up and not down. Why do the need to fight wars if they can simply print dollars and buy whatever they need. USA is the largest oil producer and can get shortfall from non Arab countries and due to modern technologies they do not need ground intel and can find a needle on ground with a satellite and have atomic Subs that can easily target any spot on earth.

They have secured partnership in India and as such have no need for smaller neighbours.
              The US should absolutely stop "policing" other nations for human rights, considering they've violated every single humane law by starting several illegal wars.

For a Canadian, you really do seem to have a soft spot for the United States.
              "Some people believe that necessity is the mother of Invention, but they're wrong, its War" - James May

Comment

Originally posted by SID_NY View Post
                I know there is a lot of jubilation going all over Pakistan, less due to Taliban's victory but more for the impression of American "defeat" being called as the most humiliating and what not. It may be true but I have a different opinion. So lets discuss this.

Taliban and US started negotiation 2-3 years back first secretly and then publicly in Doha, Qatr under Trump administration. They reached a historic agreement. Afghan Govt were clearly against it. But US was still negotiating with them.

American regime changed but the current Biden admin decided to stick with the same policy. For those who may not know Biden, when he was Obama's VP was strongly against keeping US army in Afghanistan but ofcourse of it was not his choice.

Everyone is stunned on how quickly Taliban took over and how US was no where to be seen. In his emergency speech, Biden defended his decision to pull out completely saying "the buck stops with me".

I strongly think that US made its policy to let Taliban take over exactly how they did. They knew that the $1 trillion they spent on that good for nothing corrupt afghan govt was in a waste. Infact Biden mentioned openly that he asked Afghan govt to negotiate with Taliban but they rejected.

ow they know what happens when you say no to Uncle Sam!

Taliban since they started fighting against Afghan govt and specially after their treaty with US govt, never attacked any US base. Never hurt any american. As soon as they took over Kabul ,they started safeguarding US embassy.

Yesterday US foreign diplomat asked Taliban to include women in the govt and today T's spokesman did the exact same thing, asking women to join in.

What will US get out of it?
                A) Pulling of all troops safely.
                B) Not spending $$ in afghanistan
                C) A headache to Iran since Taliban are never in favor of them. Clearly Iran is American main enemy for last few years.
                D) Russia isnt happy with Taliban either since it never likes Islamic presence in central asia and other neighboring states.

Does it make any sense or is my mind reading too much into it?
                A decade of negotiating with the Taliban, they must've been able to come to some sort of conclusion. Also, by the looks of it, Taliban seems to have stepped up their PR game, this Suhail fellow isn't spewing non-sense, unlike Taliban PR of old.

Besides, Taliban doesn't stand a chance in hell of surviving this decade if they do not change their ways. If not the US, then some other superpower will occupy it without merit or any logical reason for doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by a7mado View Post

The US should absolutely stop "policing" other nations for human rights, considering they've violated every single humane law by starting several illegal wars.

For a Canadian, you really do seem to have a soft spot for the United States.
                  Most of my immediate family is in US, Sam is US citizen, my step daughters,and Sam’s entire family lives in US.

Comment

Most of my immediate family is in US, Sam is US citizen, my step daughters,and Sam’s entire family lives in US.
                    My wife's is half, or was half Jewish on her mothers side, her maternal grandparents barely made it out alive from Germany during the holocaust, her maternal grand parents currently live in Israel. Does not mean that I support Zionism.

You are a Canadian citizen, or are you going to start denying that as well now?.

Comment

My wife's is half, or was half Jewish on her mothers side, her maternal grandparents barely made it out alive from Germany during the holocaust, her maternal grand parents currently live in Israel. Does not mean that I support Zionism.

You are a Canadian citizen, or are you going to start denying that as well now?.
                      Absolutely Canadian and we fought Taliban, Isis and all sorts of terrorists. You may not support Zionism but do you support the war cry to kill all Jews, rape their women and enslave their children? This was being chanted in protests in UK. I may retire in US and squire nationality there.

Zionism is a million times tamer than what was happening to the girl in Minar.

Comment

Absolutely Canadian and we fought Taliban, Isis and all sorts of terrorists.
                        You didn't. You just funded with your tax dollars. The war crimes were committed by the coalition soldiers fighting an illegal war.

You may not support Zionism but do you support the war cry to kill all Jews, rape their women and enslave their children? This was being chanted in protests in UK.

Zionism is a million times tamer than what was happening to the girl in Minar.
                        You are unreal.

may retire in US and squire nationality there.
                        Better start making up your mind soon. Clocks ticking, and you aren't getting any younger.

Comment

You didn't. You just funded with your tax dollars. The war crimes were committed by the coalition soldiers fighting an illegal war.

You are unreal.

Better start making up your mind soon. Clocks ticking, and you aren't getting any younger.
                          Actually I feel fitter and more invigorated than ever in my life, couple of times a month I hike over 20k, still curl with 55 dumbells, She wants me to move into a 12000 ft mansion close to Daytona Beach she owns but sleeping on freezing ground in mountains is what I love.

Comment

• SID_NY
                            SID_NY commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Jeez, stop self gloating and stick to the topic FFS
                        Working...
                        X