No announcement yet.

Kabul under Taliban and our interests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pak Army captain, 11 soldiers killed in terror attack in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa - World News
    https://www.indiatoday.in

^^ Looks like only Indians found out about that incident.

Comment

9 Chinese died along with many Pakistanis.

This time it isn't just the Indians reporting the news.

I expect some taliban honchos to have their pagris flying in the air soon after a bomb blast. The same happening to balochi terror camp in Southern Afghanistan when they tried to attack the Karachi stock exchange.

The government was downplaying it but Chinese said that we support Pakistan but you have to investigate it first. Jamati Jam aka Oriya also was promoting the gas cylinder explosion theory but now Fawad Choudhry has discovered explosive residue after all. No one can deny taliban culpability as they control border crossings from Konar (now Chaman?) to Badakshan even if they didn't believe the army briefing that TTP and afghan taliban share resources and strategy.

Comment

^Pak shares 2640 km long border with Afghanistan and Talibans have captured only ONE border crossing and that too a few days ago. It's childish to think that terrorist attacks on Pakistan will come to a halt at once. Even when you apply brakes, the vehicle takes some time to stop.

Secondly sharing same resources or strategy does not mean sharing same Aims lol. Talibans have categorically said their area of play is Afghanistan and they will not let anyone use their land against anyone.

The Bloach insurgents hiding in afghn land are already scared, we can hear their ahhzz and ohhhz already, which makes it clear who is our friend and who is not.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_60000.jpg Views:	3 Size:	23.6 KB ID:	16698325
        Last edited by Pakistani Prince; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Doppelganger View Post
          The government was downplaying it but Chinese said that we support Pakistan but you have to investigate it first.
          The best intelligence agency of the world is busy managing Kashmir elections and making videos of judges with their mistresses. Once they've addressed those high priority items, then they'll think about the Chinese.

Comment

Originally posted by decentGuy View Post
            The best intelligence agency of the world is busy managing Kashmir elections and making videos of judges with their mistresses. Once they've addressed those high priority items, then they'll think about the Chinese.
            Everything is money for them
            They sell every slot

Comment

I will never understand how Pakistanis see Taliban as an asset. These guys will come for your cities too eventually.
              Simple ain't easy.

Comment

Originally posted by queer View Post
                I will never understand how Pakistanis see Taliban as an asset. These guys will come for your cities too eventually.
                I think it goes like this:

Looking at Anti-Pakistan Pro-Indian Afghani Northern Alliance Govt + Desire to make Afghanistan a b!tch + Wish to get a geographic influence + hope to get $$$ out of America trying to still hold Kabul + Common element of Islamisation between Pak & taliban = Pakistani treatment of Taliban as a valuable asset

but as then Foreign secretary H.R. Clinton once said in Lahore that if you nourish snakes in your backyard (look who's saying right) they'll move around but eventually bite you one day, that will happen and Pakistani establishment knows about it but they dont want to think that far. First thing first.
                Attitude is more important than facts.
                "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Comment

• krash
                  krash commented
                  Editing a comment
                  look who' saying indeed - Pak army is US's own snake in the backyard

• queer
                  queer commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The US keeps many "allies" that are pretty much bad news for it, but none on the same continent.

I wish I was wrong about Americans lying about leaving Afghanistan. But more and more events are pointing toward Americans’ desire for continued presence in Afghanistan to keep the pot boiling. Americans were visibly saddened by the Taliban's announcement that they see China as their friend. The biggest loser of peace in Afghanistan is the US. China expanding CPEC to Afghanistan, all countries who share a border with Afghanistan living in peace and doing trade with each other as they have for centuries, surely gives nightmares to Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by decentGuy View Post
                  I wish I was wrong about Americans lying about leaving Afghanistan. But more and more events are pointing toward Americans’ desire for continued presence in Afghanistan to keep the pot boiling. Americans were visibly saddened by the Taliban's announcement that they see China as their friend. The biggest loser of peace in Afghanistan is the US. China expanding CPEC to Afghanistan, all countries who share a border with Afghanistan living in peace and doing trade with each other as they have for centuries, surely gives nightmares to Americans.
                  Americans are leaving. But they have propped up some defenses to make sure Kandahar wont get taken over (or so they hope). Kabul is extremely unlikely to fall. Taliban will have a huge part of the country, much of which is useless unproductive land.

And no, China is not seen as a friend by Taliban. They arent flexible like Pakistan is on what they see happening in Xinjiang. They arent patriotic, they are religious. Good luck working that into a modern state view without oil money.
                  Simple ain't easy.

Comment

Americans are leaving. But they have propped up some defenses to make sure Kandahar wont get taken over (or so they hope). Kabul is extremely unlikely to fall. Taliban will have a huge part of the country, much of which is useless unproductive land.

And no, China is not seen as a friend by Taliban. They arent flexible like Pakistan is on what they see happening in Xinjiang. They arent patriotic, they are religious. Good luck working that into a modern state view without oil money.
                    Depends on what your definition of having left is. Do you think Americans have left Iraq? If yes, then Americans have already left Afghanistan as well. I will call Americans as having left when Americans can no longer take off their military planes from within Afghanistan to bomb targets in Afghanistan. I suspect that is why Americans are so keen on keeping Kabul airport "safe". If you and I share the same definition then I will love to be proven wrong about the withdrawal. Do remind me of this post in 2022 and I'll happily accept being wrong.

Whether Taliban see China as a friend or not is something that can only be claimed by the Taliban and they have made that claim. If you've been paying attention, America is always fighting lunatic, irrational crazies since the time of the Red Indians. But only time proves that those whom Americans were portraying as lunatics were after all quite reasonable.

Comment

• queer
                      queer commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You dont need American media to tell you who the Taliban really are. They themselves tell you, and they are not shy about what they want to implement.

https://english.alarabiya.net/News/w...ed-by-Taliban-

• decentGuy
                      decentGuy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      queer Don't believe everything you see in the media. If you haven't learned that so far, you won't learn that now.

I will never understand how Pakistanis see Taliban as an asset.

During 80s : it was about Islamization and Muslim brotherhood (and dollars came for free)
                    During 90s : It was about influence
                    And since US invasion 2001, it's about survival..... survival against Indian evil plans.

You are a patriotic Indian and i can understand your frustration, but before questioning us on Talibans, tell your Indian brother ajit doval to stop terrorist activities against us from Afghan soil. Cut ties with Isreal and RSS, then you guys will be in a better position to point fingers at us.
                    Last edited by Pakistani Prince; 5 days ago.

Comment

• queer
                      queer commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah I dont disagree that the RSS is bad, but ajit doval is a loudmouth cartoon with an IQ even smaller than imran khan's. If you think this clown is some kind of mastermind running terrorism from Afghanistan, you are deluded. As for ties to Israel, everyone from Turkey to Saudia have working relationships with Israel. If Pakistan can have one with China despite the Uyghur replacement, what is this drama over Israel?

Taliban are developing ties with all the neighbors who borders Afghanistan, and China has joined the bandwagon as well.

Comment

• queer
                      queer commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Good luck to China. Twitter today is running videos of the Taliban grabbing a comedian in Kandahar and killing him. These are simple people - simple and dangerous.

• decentGuy
                      decentGuy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      queer Just a few days back CNN was promoting a doctored video of Taliban killing Afghan commandos who had surrendered. Give it a few weeks and the truth will reveal itself.

They can start spreading Islam in Pakistan by killing your loved ones

Comment

This place is quickly turning in to defence.pk.
                      "Some people believe that necessity is the mother of Invention, but they're wrong, its War" - James May

Comment

Ok here is an interesting news coming outta PBS, so heavily reliable.

Clearly this is a change of dynamics from pre-2001 era. So yea go ahead and instrumentalize taliban but at what cost? A possible Pak-Iran cold war?
                        Amid the withdrawal of U.S. troops, Taliban leaders claim Iran is mobilizing its proxy militia the Fatemiyoun for civil war within Afghanistan.
                        Attitude is more important than facts.
                        "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Comment

Working...
                        X