X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobby1
    replied
    Originally posted by decentGuy View Post
    I think there is a little difference between Shaikh Jarrah and Bahria Town Karachi (BTK). Israel has no jurisdiction over Shaikh Jarrah as per the UN, the consensus of the majority of countries around the world and those who’ve lived there. On the other hand, the government of Pakistan has undisputed jurisdiction over the land acquired for BTK.

Another tiny bit of difference is that of ethnic cleansing of an area, meant to change international borders. Last I checked, no international borders were affected by BTK.

Perhaps we may not be able to equate every eviction notice and eviction process in the world to the ones in Shaikh Jarrah.
    If you watch the video, the land was taken forcefully from the Balochs, Sindhis SSP Rao Anwat mass murderer was instrumental with levellimg fake terrorism charges. He has min 400Kills to one persons name, way worse than the compared community. There has been a lot displacement of aborginals in Karachi, as per the interview of the leaders. 7000 people losing their homes, false terrorism charges fake encounters etc? I think if UN was to rule on BTK, it would be considered in same or worse light.

Leave a comment:

• SID_NY
    replied
    As much as I'm against BT's land encroachment or whoever does it, please dont compare with Sheikh Jarrah. Just dont. Unless you thoroughly get full knowledge about it afterwhich you'll definitely not compare them.

Leave a comment:

• decentGuy
    replied
    I think there is a little difference between Shaikh Jarrah and Bahria Town Karachi (BTK). Israel has no jurisdiction over Shaikh Jarrah as per the UN, the consensus of the majority of countries around the world and those who’ve lived there. On the other hand, the government of Pakistan has undisputed jurisdiction over the land acquired for BTK.

Another tiny bit of difference is that of ethnic cleansing of an area, meant to change international borders. Last I checked, no international borders were affected by BTK.

Perhaps we may not be able to equate every eviction notice and eviction process in the world to the ones in Shaikh Jarrah.

Leave a comment:

• Bobby1
    replied
    Originally posted by a7mado View Post
    Lol, I like how you sensationalize everything. Sheikh Jarrah? Seriously?

As far as the article is concerned, I'm not surprised. Bahria town Karachi has been riddled with lawsuits since its inception.
    When 7 home owners were being displaced in Sheikh Jarrah you were not lolling..that was as per court orders, mind you unfair law and here you have heineous murderers like Rao Anwar SSP police who fake encountered 400 people. I think BTK is way worse than Sheikh Jarrah, the indigineous people of Pak have suffered immensely, now the army and establishment is commiting exploitation, oppression, murders.

Dawn News

Over the last few years, as revealed in an earlier investigative report in this paper, the indigenous Sindhi and Baloch communities in Malir district were strong-armed into ‘selling’ their land — which they had lived on and cultivated since generations — for Bahria Town Karachi (BTK). They were relentlessly hounded by a two-pronged assault. On the one hand, the Malir police, under SSP Rao Anwar at the time, carried out raids on the goths and booked locals on fake terrorism charges; on the other, Bahria personnel, including a retired colonel, constantly threatened and intimidated them. Meanwhile, in Karachi’s Tauheed commercial area, real estate agents sold registration forms for Bahria’s ill-gotten land like hot cakes.

Leave a comment:

• a7mado
    replied
    Lol, I like how you sensationalize everything. Sheikh Jarrah? Seriously?

As far as the article is concerned, I'm not surprised. Bahria town Karachi has been riddled with lawsuits since its inception.

Leave a comment:

• Bobby1
    started a topic Bahria Town VS Sheikh Jarrah....

Bahria Town VS Sheikh Jarrah....

To my eyes the injustice in BTK is way worse than Sheikh Jarrah where a handful no of properties were disputed....
    One may ask why nationalist parties are suddenly part of protests against Bahria Town Karachi depopulating villages.
Working...
X