Gilli Urr Gaaii..............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by decentGuy View Post

Do you know of a town anywhere on Earth where any child can have any cool toy he has laid his eyes upon?
    Well no, but if he has enough toys of his own he can be disciplined not to whine for some exclusive toy. Frustration will only result if he is deprived of toys altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by krash View Post

Well no, but if he has enough toys of his own he can be disciplined not to whine for some exclusive toy. Frustration will only result if he is deprived of toys altogether.
      Thanks for answering the question. Indeed that is not possible so there is no such town. Now on to your next points if I understand them correctly:

1- Possibility of disciplining a child
      2- Frustration will ONLY happen if a child is deprived of all the toys.

I agree with your first point. Disciplining a child goes a long way. It has two parts. Carrot and stick to put it succinctly. If done correctly most children will think straight. But most parents are not capable of doing that. Also some children despite being disciplined in the best possible way still won’t think straight.

I do not agree with your second point however. A child who has not accepted that he can never have a certain cool toy because of whatever reason will get frustrated if he sees the cool toy in another kids’ possession or at the mall. Even if the child has access to his own toys.

It’s ok if you disagree on this or the larger topic. I want the disagreement to be due to difference of opinion rather than due to lack of understanding of each other’s pov. In my opinion sexual frustration in Pakistani society is only going up. It was bad when I was growing up but it’s worse now. If you know someone who has taught at both boys-only and co-ed school in Pakistan, they will tell you how much more difficult teaching at a co-ed school is. Pakistani society is very different and homegrown solutions are always more robust compared to copy-pasted ones.

Comment

I understand your point. Taking the toy analogy too far will distract from the original issue. So, let's stick to the original issue.

You are right that sexual frustration in Pakistan is increasing. Pakistani society was always heavily segregated and there was always sexual frustration. That was always a problem but it was kept under wraps and considered a manageable problem. But, the world never stays the same. Over the last few decades, there has been greater urbanization leading to loosening of traditional bonds and there has been greater exposure to media from outside our own society. These are irreversible trends and trying to stop them is futile. Trying to double down on the segregation and imposing censorship and restrictive dress codes will only make the original problem more acute. Instead, we should take this opportunity to fix the original problem that was kept under wraps and lessen the frustration by accepting and encouraging normally dressed women in public spaces and normalize gender interactions.
        Unfortunately, some people will see this as advocating a free-for all and abandoning our cultural values altogether. That is not what I am saying. I am saying that we can improve, not abandon, our cultural values by solving long-standing issues that are now becoming acute.

Comment

Rotherham scum were raised in the west, again its misogyny and lack of consequences. All of a sudden Immi's lil rapy urgy men dont even look the wrong way at Saudi women when they go there as they know what will happen to them.

What needs tom happen is to end misogyny, disallow mullahs to teach that women are inferior, disallow the thinking that women need caretakers. Stop victim blaming and keep women identity a secret in assault complaints.

In my province hate is on the rise, just close to my home two girls in hijab were attacked, noone is victim blaming, noone is telling them that hey dress as per surrounding. A woman should be free to wear burka, hijab, shorts, bukinni and it should never be insinuated that she invited the attack.

Comment

Again another example of Police negligence and the sheer monstrosity of animals. 4 year old girl abused and killed, should IK victim blame again. What is with Khanewal, worst heineousness seems to have found a home there. Why is Dawn trying to downplay the rape of child and just saying dead, no its brutally raped and murdered by an animal is what happened. When you have child molestors like millions of AzizurRehman shaping the morality and IK leading, this is what will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by krash View Post
              I understand your point. Taking the toy analogy too far will distract from the original issue. So, let's stick to the original issue.

You are right that sexual frustration in Pakistan is increasing. Pakistani society was always heavily segregated and there was always sexual frustration. That was always a problem but it was kept under wraps and considered a manageable problem. But, the world never stays the same. Over the last few decades, there has been greater urbanization leading to loosening of traditional bonds and there has been greater exposure to media from outside our own society. These are irreversible trends and trying to stop them is futile. Trying to double down on the segregation and imposing censorship and restrictive dress codes will only make the original problem more acute. Instead, we should take this opportunity to fix the original problem that was kept under wraps and lessen the frustration by accepting and encouraging normally dressed women in public spaces and normalize gender interactions.
              Unfortunately, some people will see this as advocating a free-for all and abandoning our cultural values altogether. That is not what I am saying. I am saying that we can improve, not abandon, our cultural values by solving long-standing issues that are now becoming acute.
              Let me put things in perspective once again. Although rapes in Pakistan are going up, yet rates are far below than that of India’s so much so that until 2019 there were more rapes in 573 sq miles of Delhi area than in the whole of Pakistan which has an area of at least 340,509 sq miles.

If you look at the general crime rate in Pakistan, it is higher than in India. Usually high crime rate has strong correlation with higher number of rapes but in Pakistan that is not the case when compared to India so we must appreciate that there is something that Pakistani society has done right to protect women, even though the situation is getting worse. If segregation would’ve been the root cause behind sexual frustration, then India would not be having that crisis. India used to have segregation of sexes just like Pakistan but now their busses, trains, educational institutes, public gatherings are no longer segregated. Today India is spending far more on catching and punishing rapists than in the past, yet they are failing. Had they spent a fraction on maintaining segregation and modesty in their society, their problems wouldn’t have gotten so bad in the first place.

India has far more money to throw at such problems than Pakistan but not nearly as much as is required to police such a society. If Pakistan pursues that path, it will fail even more miserably. There is no on/off switch in such policy shifts, once the floodgates are opened there is no going back. It’s like buying an exotic sports car. Many can buy one but paying $5000/= for oil change and paying other maintenance bills is not possible for everyone.

Comment

Working...
              X