• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hamid Mir's suspension 'another step towards autocracy'

There is much more in this story
    Drama action and romance
    but let's start from the lates

Reporters Without Borders terms Hamid Mir's suspension 'another step towards autocracy'
    It is extremely disturbing that a media group has been reduced to censoring its star journalist for defending his colleagues: RSF

I think the PTI government has proved to be a disaster due to mismanagement. I’m not using PTI as a scapegoat to avoid criticizing the military. I often believe the official narrative given by ISPR but I’m sure it is wrong in the case of attack on Asad Toor. The reason so many journalists are getting attacked is because they are reporting on many things that are being outsourced by PTI to the military which in turn is doing a terrible job as well. I have personally experienced how terrible PIA has become in just the past 2 years. Yet when I tried to complain, I got the impression that no one really cares because it is headed by a retired Air Marshal so nothing could be done. Asad Toor was taking names of all such military men who are ruining organizations like that, hence got punished. It’s disappointing to see how those who are speaking up against such mismanagement are punished and maligned. It is like you are anti-sematic if you bring these things up.

Comment

Why does it feel like the same days as last few years of Musharraf?!! Still remember his speech after imposition of emergency. He thought he is "curing" the society by all those steps, just like every other dictator does. This govt is following the same footsteps.
      Ofcourse not talking about civilians in the govt, as they are just the viewers. All decisions are made somewhere else.
      Attitude is more important than facts.
      "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Comment

PTI seems happy by the curbs on journalists because their incompetence would otherwise be exposed in nearly every sphere of governance.

Trains are considered to be the cheapest and the safest mode of long distance transportation. Most of the “technology” used to keep Pakistan Railways (PR) safe is at least 100 years old. Yet PTI’s railway minister has said that PR lacks that technology, and he doesn’t even know how many passenger trains are there. Days before the latest accident in which 65+ people died and 100+ got disabled for life, PR’s chief engineer warned of poor condition of track but no action was taken. The PR drivers’ association is warning of protests if they are made a scapegoat for the accident.

Before becoming PR minister, I recall the present minister to be telling that the last time he had travelled in PR, was in the 1970s. I was surprised when later on he was tapped by PTI to become PR minister. Wonder if PTI couldn’t find anyone more incompetent for the job. List of PR accidents under PTI rule.

As Bilawal said:

برباد گلستاں کرنے کو ایک ہی اُلو کافی تھا
        ہر شاخ پہ اُلو بیٹھا ہے ، انجام گلستان ہو گا کیا

Comment

This is not a story of PTI , There is real story of ISI chief and more that how ISI is doing with Pakistanis

Comment

Looks like some other folks also dislike negative news coverage:

Perween Rehman, a social activist, was murdered by water tanker and land mafia. Her story

A journalist is risking her life now and talking about Bahria Town Karachi. Hope she stays safe:

Comment

Civilian govt is just a front, the govt is run by Generals, Pak is more like Bajco than a country. Funny how Generals are the most corrupt in the world and yet population loves them.

Comment

Yupp!! want to defend and enfprce Sharia and serving and promoting Alcohol sales, Wahh!! rey Deen Kai Muhaffiz!!
                Find company research, competitor information, contact details & financial data for Bajco Global Management LLC of Canfield, OH. Get the latest business insights from Dun & Bradstreet.

Comment

I can bet none of the posters here would've heard about a case of a female PIA employee from 2020 who was allegedly sexually harassed by PIA's HR manager. The reason none of the big media covered that story is because the harasser is a serving Wing Commander. His name is Kamran Anjum. Every one needs to shut up now or else you are a traitor. The case was brushed under the carpet by none other than Air Marshal Arshad Malik, the CEO of PIA. Not once but multiple times.

I'm usually the last person to believe in mere allegations of sexual harassment, yet I never say such allegations should not be investigated. The allegations were investigated by Senate Aviation Committee and here are its findings:

Senator Sherry Rehman was on the aviation committee and has personally seen the threatening WhatsApp messages. Here is what she said:

As I've said before, these military men are ruining several large organizations in Pakistan but journalists are fearful to report on that.

Comment

Working...
                  X