Paki ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paki ID

Can be renew before expiry date or has to be after expiry date ?

cant find this info on nadra or google

thanks if anyone replies

You mean NICOP?
    Attitude is more important than facts.
    "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Comment

You can apply for it before it is near expiry as I did recently. But up loading of your finger print is quite cumbersome.

Comment

Thanks

how did you deal with thumb print part , assuming you did online

print out form, thumb print and scan back up?

?

Comment

Yes I did that and get converted the file into the required document through an online software after watching a Youtube video and successfully uploaded. But then I got the message that I need to re do it. Then I posted the document to Nadras Islamabad address and sent them a message through their complaint online form. I got a reply last week to email the document to the two of the email addresses provided. I emailed them - now waiting for the card. Today I just emailed a reminder. I will phone them tomorrow perhaps.

Comment

My Son was planning on getting nominated for Olympics and he needs a card but it is a difficult journey as I don’t have any Pak documents
            Just curious why anyone else would need that Id as travelling on western passport is better, if you get abducted, robbed, raped your foreign govt will help.
            Also best to register with your residence embassy when you travel
            My assistant had his passport stolen, I hear it is worth. 100k and he had a hard time getting back from Lebanon

Comment

• krash
              krash commented
              Editing a comment
              NICOP is National Identity Card for Overseas Pakistanis. It is for those of Pakistani origin who have a foreign passport. You still travel on the foreign passport but if you have NICOP then you don't need to apply for Pakistani visa

Originally posted by Bobby1 View Post
            Just curious why anyone else would need that Id as travelling on western passport is better, if you get abducted, robbed, raped your foreign govt will help.
            Then you need visa for Pakistan.

Comment

I wonder why Pakistan would require visas from western countries. Most of the world western citizens don’t need visas.

Comment

I think visas are always reciprocal - if UK does not give visa on arrival to Pakistan nationals why would Pakistan give?

Comment

Noted

thanks for sharing

nadra walay pick up phone?

is it done now?

Comment

Originally posted by krash View Post
                    NICOP is National Identity Card for Overseas Pakistanis. It is for those of Pakistani origin who have a foreign passport. You still travel on the foreign passport but if you have NICOP then you don't need to apply for Pakistani visa
                    Plus if you travel to Pakistan on Foreign Passport and stay more than one month! they require the Local Police Thanay Dar's Report which can be expensive if you know what I mean......U end up greasing some palms! or else NO Police Report!
                    Balaghal-ula bi-kamaalihi / Kashafad-duja bi-jamaalihi / Hasunat jameeu khisaalihi / Sallu alaihi wa aalihi

Comment

• krash
                      krash commented
                      Editing a comment
                      NICOP holders are exempt from police report. Right?

Originally posted by Mostar95 View Post
                    I think visas are always reciprocal - if UK does not give visa on arrival to Pakistan nationals why would Pakistan give?
                    It depends on strength of passport not reciprocity, Canadians can travel to 184 countries without visa but we don’t allow their citizens to come here without visa. Honestly some French Blonde would go in hiding in Pak? We have recent incidences of PIA staff disappearing here. If they make it easy than maybe they can get more foreign exchange. We do have travel idvisory against travel there citing terrorism and other security concerns.

Comment

Originally posted by batameez View Post
                      Noted

thanks for sharing

is it done now?
                      Yes I did call them and they responded but not very helpful. They say I should up load the documents again. I have emailed them again but the specific person I emailed has not yet come back to me.

Comment

Originally posted by krash View Post
                        NICOP holders are exempt from police report. Right?
                        Yes That is Right! ....
                        Balaghal-ula bi-kamaalihi / Kashafad-duja bi-jamaalihi / Hasunat jameeu khisaalihi / Sallu alaihi wa aalihi

Comment

Originally posted by batameez View Post
                          Noted

thanks for sharing

is it done now?
                          Finally I got a call from one of the officers at NADRA Islamabad. They were unable to match my finger prints. However - the officer asked me some security questions about family members and upon receiving satisfactory answers - he cleared my application. But I have to give fingerprints in Pakistan whenever I go there.

I got this email as well:

"ID DOCUMENT APPROVED & SENT FOR PRINTING

The Application submitted in Pak Identity to NADRA has been successfully processed and your document has been sent for printing on 15-Feb-2021. You will be informed by an email when ID document has been printed and dispatched to the provided shipping address."

The officer was very friendly guy!

Comment

Working...
                          X