Pakistan: Gunmen kill 11 minority Hazara coal miners in Baluchistan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pakistan: Gunmen kill 11 minority Hazara coal miners in Baluchistan

Do anyone remember, we have broken down the back of terrorism....
    In recent updates, PM Imran Khan said, he will not blackmailed by the protestors. it is bizarre how protestor can blackmail him, while Hazara is the victim community who regularly attacked by terrorists. Apathetic Imran Khan, you should be grounded before you used the blackmail.

The victims were from the minority Shiite Hazara community. Pakistan's prime minister, Imran Khan, condemned the attack as a "cowardly inhumane act of terrorism."

Attackers in southwestern Pakistan have killed at least 11 workers at a remote coal mine, officials said Sunday.

The victims were from the minority Shiite Hazara community, Khalid Durrani, a government official, told French news agency AFP.

The Islamic State extremist group later claimed responsibility for the attack, which took place in the mountainous Machh area of Baluchistan province.

Ethnic Hazara make up most of the Shiite population in Quetta, the capital of Baluchistan.

It is the country's largest and poorest region, rife with ethnic, sectarian and separatist insurgencies.

Hazara are often targeted by Sunni militants, who consider them heretics.

What do we know about the attack?

The attack took place before dawn on Sunday near the Machh coal field, about 60 kilometers (37 miles) southeast of Quetta.

Moazzam Ali Jatoi, an official with the Levies Force, a paramilitary gendarmerie, said armed men took the coal miners to nearby mountains before shooting them. He said six of the miners died at the scene, while another five died of critical injuries on the way to hospital.

Hazara are often targeted by Sunni militants, who consider them heretics

The assailants fled after the attack. Officials said police and members of the local paramilitary force were on the scene, where a search operation had been launched to trace the attackers.

It remains unclear why the mine was targeted. Though Pakistan's mines are notorious for poor safety standards, such attacks against miners are rare.

In a tweet, Prime Minister Imran Khan condemned "the killing of 11 innocent coal miners in Machh" as a "cowardly inhumane act of terrorism."

"The families of the victims will not be left abandoned by the government," he added.

News of the killings prompted members of the Hazara community to take the streets of Quetta in protest. Shiite cleric Nasir Abbas said demonstrations against the incident would be organized across the country.

kmm/nm (AP, AFP)

https://www.dw.com/en/pakistan-gunme...tan/a-56119522

Don’t want to spread rumors but what I’m hearing is that IK did not attend funerals of his close relatives and friends either. Some people believe that unsettled souls can be used to do black magic on them so they do not attend funerals nor stay around those who are about to die.

PS: I don’t believe all that but thought to share.

Comment

Originally posted by decentGuy View Post
      Don’t want to spread rumors but what I’m hearing is that IK did not attend funerals of his close relatives and friends either. Some people believe that unsettled souls can be used to do black magic on them so they do not attend funerals nor stay around those who are about to die.

redvelvet Our resident expert on the super natural can shed some light. IK married a Jin Handler so quite possible,

Funny how many immigrants here are going hoarse yelling for BLM and Palestine and are strangely mum over Shia slaughter

Silence is complicity

Many on this forum made hateful posts against Shias

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby1 View Post

redvelvet Our resident expert on the super natural can shed some light. IK married a Jin Handler so quite possible,

Funny how many immigrants here are going hoarse yelling for BLM and Palestine and are strangely mum over Shia slaughter

Silence is complicity

Few years ago - one poster even supported this genocide here blaming the hazaras!

Comment

Originally posted by Mostar95 View Post

Few years ago - one poster even supported this genocide here blaming the hazaras!
          Funny when the same people go to no Muslim countries they vehemently cite human rights and want to be treated even better than the nationals

Comment

There are nationwide protests and strikes against this heinous crime.

Comment

Originally posted by decentGuy View Post

This is indeed a unique way of not spreading unsubstantiated rumors.

Comment

Silence is complicity

It is funny how you are unable to comprehend the difference. One was considered an act of racism committed by LEA and then endorsed by the government. The other is an act of terrorism committed by rogue actors, bent on inciting further sectarian violence and to destabilize the region.

Comment

Funny when the same people go to no Muslim countries they vehemently cite human rights and want to be treated even better than the nationals
                  This is a baseless conjecture. Please provide a link to a study that proves your claim.

Comment

Originally posted by Mostar95 View Post

No one supported that person. I will try to pull the thread so that others will be able to judge themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by WitchDr View Post

This is a baseless conjecture. Please provide a link to a study that proves your claim.
                      There are thousands of examples like these.

https://youtu.be/qlnnvCDBMOY?list=PL...PRzQxs_nj-5Jzk

Comment

There are nationwide protests and strikes against this heinous crime.
                        Anything even remotely close to the funeral of a despicable terrorist Qadri? or to the crowd who torched the temple or the lynch mobs

Last edited by Bobby1; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

There are thousands of examples like these.

https://youtu.be/qlnnvCDBMOY?list=PL...PRzQxs_nj-5Jzk
                          Thanks for sharing the video and censoring my posts. Without even wanting to see such ideas, I made myself watch this video completely. At no point in the video, your claim got answered. While you have provided a link to another serious matter, the video is not related to the claim you posed in the first place.

Kindly note my query again:

Let's look back at history to find the root of this problem. Unfortunately, the rise of Wahabism, which most of the Muslims outside of Saudi Arabia do not subscribe to, is directly attributed to the deal between the Saud family and the British Empire of the time. The reasons sited were to instill permanent divide in the Muslim empire of the time by creating a violent force that fought against the tribes that were supporting unity with the Ottoman empire. Before that time, Wahabism was only confined to a few Arabian tribes.

So the important question is why this ideology is still supported. Why current powers have not restricted such violent ideology and banned it from their countries. The answer is that such violent forces have been useful in destabilizing whole regions in the middle east. Such forces have regularly been utilized in Libya, Iraq, Syria and other places to create scenarios for regime changes. So minor inconveniences can be ignored for greater cause.

Majority of the Muslims do not believe in these ideologies.
                          Last edited by WitchDr; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Anything even remotely close to the funeral of a despicable terrorist Qadri? or to the crowd who torched the temple or the lynch mobs
                            To understand this, you have to go a bit deep into religious philosophy. While Qadri was given capital punishment (that he deserved) for a crime that he committed, masses believed he committed his wrong act because of his love for prophet. Gatherings against his capital punishment were much smaller. So the important take away is that the public supported the law on this important and sensitive issue.

Comment

Thanks for sharing the video and censoring my posts. Without even wanting to see such ideas, I made myself watch this video completely. At no point in the video, your claim got answered. While you have provided a link to another serious matter, the video is not related to the claim you posed in the first place.

Kindly note my query again:

Let's look back at history to find the root of this problem. Unfortunately, the rise of Wahabism, which most of the Muslims outside of Saudi Arabia do not subscribe to, is directly attributed to the deal between the Saud family and the British Empire of the time. The reasons sited were to instill permanent divide in the Muslim empire of the time by creating a violent force that fought against the tribes that were supporting unity with the Ottoman empire. Before that time, Wahabism was only confined to a few Arabian tribes.

So the important question is why this ideology is still supported. Why current powers have not restricted such violent ideology and banned it from their countries. The answer is that such violent forces have been useful in destabilizing whole regions in the middle east. Such forces have regularly been utilized in Libya, Iraq, Syria and other places to create scenarios for regime changes. So minor inconveniences can be ignored for greater cause.

Majority of the Muslims do not believe in these ideologies.
                              The video I posted about the undercover mosque is many ordinary muslims, they do not object, protest or stop attending the hateful sermons. They vote by repeatedly attending the sermons. That extremist ideology exists because members of the society consume it. Frankly the ideology of that preacher is way worse than even Nazis.

If you feel that there are many moderates than they need to take their mosques back from extremists and should make their voices heard.

What are your views on integration and making friends with people outside the faith?

PS. I am not a moderator, never havebeen, never will be.
                              Last edited by Bobby1; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X