Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Covid Vaccine

Will you get one?

If not, why not? Just curious. Feel free to discuss any theories you are leaning towards.

Currently atleast two are approved and rolled out in US and west while from what I heard, there are two more applied in other countries.
    Attitude is more important than facts.
    "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

I will try my best to avoid the covid19 vaccine at least for next 5 years until some longitudinal studies confirm its side effects. If I’m pressurized, I will opt for the Russian or Chinese vaccine as they are more traditional. I’m especially fearful of the mRNA vaccines as it tinkers with our DNA, which is just crazy ! Imagine getting Cancer 5 years down the road due to it.

Comment

• aqua70
      aqua70 commented
      Editing a comment
      That is actually a misconception. mRNA does not tinker with the DNA, mRNA is a template that is translated in the body to produce proteins, in this case it will code for antibodies against sars-cov-2. However, your safety concern is valid because human immune system is very good at detecting foreign objects in the body, if it somehow detects the antibodies or the mRNA as foreign, it could cause the immune system to go haywire, attacking its own healthy cells and cause onset of an autoimmune disease. That is an extreme case but still a possibility. A vaccine usually takes ~7-10 years to get approved after rigorous clinical trials and research so this sudden production and administration on top of new technology that has not been used before is risky no doubt.

• decentGuy
      decentGuy commented
      Editing a comment
      aqua70
      Consider a fancy jacket with lots of metal zippers and attachments, is being washed in a washing machine. If those metallic attachments damage the inner lining of the washing machine, then the damaged machine will damage clothes that come next for washing. The concept is discussed here.

Originally posted by decentGuy View Post
    I will try my best to avoid the covid19 vaccine at least for next 5 years until some longitudinal studies confirm its side effects. If I’m pressurized, I will opt for the Russian or Chinese vaccine as they are more traditional. I’m especially fearful of the mRNA vaccines as it tinkers with our DNA, which is just crazy ! Imagine getting Cancer 5 years down the road due to it.

I highly respect everyone's opinion on this since the whole situation is so fuzzy. But do you think 5 years is a realistic term?

Also do you think your opinion may change considering

(a) All healthcare workers getting vaccinated first
    (b) Conditions like vaccination needed for travel etc?

Comment

If its a matter of life and death then ok

those in critical stage , old age , assorted underlying diseases, high risk jobs, few years to live by anyway etc etc

travelling industry needs it as the countries travelling in and out requires it not that they want to imho

its a new and keeps mutating into new variation

so will it be effective or also needs adjustment as it goes on

its just like when new disease was foumd in history measles AIDS Dengue Fever etc etc but much worse

Assorted vaccine and no co operation in solving origin/source seems like WHO is dead or this has become a buisness

Comment

Will avoid it and pray that the need for one doesnt arises Ameen

Comment

I'll avoid it for the time being. The situation isn't very bad in my city and I don't really fear dying due to Covid.
          I might opt for it in the future if the health minister strongly recommends it.
          Be someone that makes YOU happy

Comment

Originally posted by SID_NY View Post
            Will you get one?

If not, why not? Just curious. Feel free to discuss any theories you are leaning towards.

Currently atleast two are approved and rolled out in US and west while from what I heard, there are two more applied in other countries.
            I believe your curiosity is understandable, but if you are asking other, it would be a courtesy to give your opinion first.

A number of new and experimental techniques have been used in these vaccines, the safety of which have not been fully evaluated. It is important to note that these vaccines have been given the status of "Emergency Authorized" which is not the same as "Approved". Hence, these vaccines should be administered to those high risk groups, where the risks of not administering the vaccines are much higher than the known and unknown risks. Many countries are going to adopt this approach, where they will wait and see the results of the first batch of vaccine administrations elsewhere.

The mutation of the virus is another concern. It is already been widely circulated that there is a new and likely more potent version of the virus identified in the UK and in the travelers from UK. These vaccines likely will not be effective against the new variants, unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by WitchDr View Post

I believe your curiosity is understandable, but if you are asking other, it would be a courtesy to give your opinion first.

A number of new and experimental techniques have been used in these vaccines, the safety of which have not been fully evaluated. It is important to note that these vaccines have been given the status of "Emergency Authorized" which is not the same as "Approved". Hence, these vaccines should be administered to those high risk groups, where the risks of not administering the vaccines are much higher than the known and unknown risks. Many countries are going to adopt this approach, where they will wait and see the results of the first batch of vaccine administrations elsewhere.

The mutation of the virus is another concern. It is already been widely circulated that there is a new and likely more potent version of the virus identified in the UK and in the travelers from UK. These vaccines likely will not be effective against the new variants, unfortunately.

Ofcourse happy to give my opinion.

Its not only this issue but on every single one, I strongly believe on listening to the experts, rather than becoming one on the base of spawned theories on yt/social media.

So for this biggest dilemma that human generations have faced in like 100 years, I would go with what the medical experts are saying. And I give a big credit to the decision of having all medical health professionals taking the shot first which they are proudly and gladly getting.

However I do share the concern that the trials were apparently conducted in haste so not all conditions may be satisfied yet. For example, from what I read the pregnant ladies were not a part of trial and thats a huge portion. But for people with no underlying conditions it can be ok.

As for mutilation of virus is concerned, from a couple of articles I read thats exactly how all viruses act. They do start mutilating. May need to read more of how vaccines act during this process

Comment

Detail of latest mutilation:

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02544-6

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/...nce-explained/

A diagram to understand how the vaccines works:

Click image for larger version

Name:	temp.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	165.0 KB
ID:	16695171

Comment

Originally posted by SID_NY View Post

Ofcourse happy to give my opinion.

Its not only this issue but on every single one, I strongly believe on listening to the experts, rather than becoming one on the base of spawned theories on yt/social media.

So for this biggest dilemma that human generations have faced in like 100 years, I would go with what the medical experts are saying. And I give a big credit to the decision of having all medical health professionals taking the shot first which they are proudly and gladly getting.

However I do share the concern that the trials were apparently conducted in haste so not all conditions may be satisfied yet. For example, from what I read the pregnant ladies were not a part of trial and thats a huge portion. But for people with no underlying conditions it can be ok.

As for mutilation of virus is concerned, from a couple of articles I read thats exactly how all viruses act. They do start mutilating. May need to read more of how vaccines act during this process
                  First of all, I would like to take this issue objectively, without having an emotional feeling attached to it. Personally, I would avoid using terms like proudly and gladly because these terms are completely irrelevant when you consider scientific studies. The infographics that you have attached is also irrelevant because this is a technology pamphlet, which does not give you much information on the risks associated with this experimental technology (It does indicate that the vaccine has not been licensed for use in humans.).

Personally, I have been going through the information that the vaccines companies are passing to FDA and other authorities and their investors. That information is unfiltered and allows you make informed decisions. I understand that not all are interested (or have the understanding) to go through those documents and should go with what the health authorities are recommending in their localities.

https://investors.biontech.de/
                  https://investors.modernatx.com/
                  https://www.astrazeneca.com/investor...entations.html
                  https://investors.pfizer.com/investo...w/default.aspx

It is highly unlikely that a vaccine developed for one strain will be effective for another strain of the same virus. This is a known concern with viral mutations. This is one of the reasons, flu vaccines administered annually are only partially successful, as the prevalent flu virus strain for a certain year may not be the same as the one for which flu shots have been administered for that year.

Comment

Keeping your belief in focus, I am attaching a link to an article published in October 2020 in the The British Medical Journal, a reputed medical journal. Among other things, the article highlights the discrepancies in the projected information and reality.

https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4037

Comment

I bet the deceased Mr Rizvi would have advised his followers to not take the vaccine. I feel people who opt out from the vaccine should not be allowed in work places, shops and businesses and they should have to wear tags. When their decisions puts everyone else in harms way than businesses and coworkers can decide to not interact with these people.
                      I feel strongly about people who pull the masks below their nose, touch, feel, squeeze produce in stores

Comment

Oh hell yeah! will have it at the earliest opportunity i get. Look at the people drowning themselves in booze, rotting their lungs with smoke, and digging themselves an early fat grave eating all that junk and talkin bout the evils of a vaccine for a virus that has killed more than a million in quick time, yeah dont get it if you dont want to, more for them who need it and care
                        I'm either at work, in gym, working in the garden, or in my beautiful wife's arms!

Comment

I believe there are people out there

who dont pull the masks below their nose, touch, feel, squeeze produce in stores ( those i have seen touching products have disposable gloves on, another hit item of covid)

or

dont drown themselves in booze, rot their lungs with smoke, and dig themselves an early fat grave eating all that junk

are sceptical of these vaccine also

just because their opinion is not in tune with those in favour does not mean the vaccine is evil

go ahead try it out but do post update about the after effect if any so as more people get can better knowledge

either the vaccine will have more pro then co or will be the opposite

its a wait and see peoples result thing

no harm in giving to those in forefront of corona but not good if society imho

Comment

it is a unique situation which has been exacerbated by increasing public mistrust in the main stream media. Personally, I believe people like Bill Gates, have only helped increase this mistrust. Globally, this situation has been exploited by ruling governments and their oppositions to win favour from public, and it has only resulted in making the situation from bad to worse. On top, corporate interests and lack of transparency has made people uncomfortable.

Personally, I always study the literature that comes with any medicine and try to understand the side effects. Similar is the case here where I would like to understand the same for these vaccines. From what I have read, the side effects of the new vaccines are not going to be well understood anytime soon. Unless absolutely necessary, I would avoid these vaccines.
                            Last edited by WitchDr; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

Working...
                            X