Punishing the Rapist..or no?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by krash View Post
    How should the woman be held responsible? What should be done to her?

When victims are careless they have made a simple error in judgement for which they have already suffered the crime. No further blame or punishment is needed.
    Let's not forget that the need for care occurs because the environment is unsafe in the first place because of the failure of govt and law enforcement.
    What the woman did was careless in Lahore but perfectly fine in many other places in the world.
    Your example of breaking a red light is not valid because that involves actual law breaking that has a punishment.

The criminals are directly responsible for the crime and need to be punished. The govt and law enforcement agencies are responsible for failing to provide a safe environment and should be held accountable.
    Read carefully each word:

The woman as I mentioned earlier broke the rule of following the safety measures.

She betrayed the trust of her children being the adult and supposed to be the protector of her children at the highest possible way.

She has no defense against being irresponsible not only for her safety but for her children.

Sorry it's not a simple error as we witnessed and know. It's a serious error.

Driving at night, with two minors, not keeping track of fuel level, using relatively deserted or low traffic highway, not being mindful of any potential dangerous scenarios listed BELOW...all are included in her lack of good planning and against using common sense.

The chain of event started from her decision to drive without precautions. No question.

Rest came later. Hence she is the first one to be blamed for this tragic event.

Night time is for sleep. Period. Not really for long drive.

Unless other requirements are satisfactorily met like job requirement, NO ONE should drive at night time on highways.

Take a hotel or stay at relative's friend's house and drive in morning.

1-Was she able to change the tire if she need to?

2-Was she able to start the car if it had any mechanical failure in the middle of night?

3-Was she prepared to deal with pot hole of bumps on the road while driving at night?

4-Was she able to clearly see an animal on the road at night? Especially in a country or highway which she clearly is not familiar with?

5- Did she think of possibility of sleeping behind the wheel while driving?

6-Did she think if something happens on the road and the vehicle stopped she would be able to push it off the road? Especially at night?

7- Did she think if she gets attacked by anyone at night she would be able to protect her or her children at night?

Broad day light crimes do occur..

But predators are found everywhere in the world at night.

Safety first!! That is the rule and she broke it.

Coming to my example of red light being broken.

As I said earlier, Not following the safety rule and putting herself and her children in potentially dangerous aspects including 7 potential scenarios, she is still responsible for the event in FIRST place

If you walk in a dark alley at night without preparation, do not blame the law enforcement agency for being robbed. Govt. or law enforcement agency did not make your decision. You did!

If you walk in a jungle at night without safety precaution, do not blame a tiger eating your arm or leg. In this case, rapists were "tigers".

If you leave your food or candy out in the open then do not blame flies coming on it.

It's a blessing this idiot woman and her innocent children were not abducted or killed.

Her punishment is to not have the custody of her children anymore.......??

Impress me..with your intelligence and wit. :-)

Comment

diwana
      I’m wondering if the same incident had happened during the day would you’ve still considered her guilty?

Comment

Why blame her first?
        What comes first is the safety of the environment in which the person is travelling.
        Then people take precautions based on the degree of safety they perceive.

Her actions were careless only in the context of the unsafe environment that existed.

Imagine if she had been on the M-2 motorway. She would have called the helpline and would have been promptly provided with petrol. Would not have been in any danger while she waited because there is a strong police presence patrolling that motorway 24hrs.
        Like most people, she had no idea that the M-11 motorway was unpoliced.

The govt/LEA were negligent in creating such an unsafe environment close to such a large metropolitan area by leaving it unpoliced for the last 6 months.

That comes first.

Comment

Originally posted by decentGuy View Post
          diwana
          I’m wondering if the same incident had happened during the day would you’ve still considered her guilty?
          You should be able to answer this question yourself with available information and earlier discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by krash View Post
            Why blame her first?
            What comes first is the safety of the environment in which the person is travelling.
            Then people take precautions based on the degree of safety they perceive.

Her actions were careless only in the context of the unsafe environment that existed.

Imagine if she had been on the M-2 motorway. She would have called the helpline and would have been promptly provided with petrol. Would not have been in any danger while she waited because there is a strong police presence patrolling that motorway 24hrs.
            Like most people, she had no idea that the M-11 motorway was unpoliced.

The govt/LEA were negligent in creating such an unsafe environment close to such a large metropolitan area by leaving it unpoliced for the last 6 months.

That comes first.
            Not a valid argument.

She took the first step in making the trip without many prerequisites.

Already explained in detail above why she is the first to be blamed. Not going to repeat. You can disagree it's your right.

Comment

On top of all, instead of admitting her mistakes she decided to become the "champion of women's rights" in Pakistan in her video.

Comment

Originally posted by diwana View Post

Not a valid argument.

She took the first step in making the trip without many prerequisites.

Already explained in detail above why she is the first to be blamed. Not going to repeat. You can disagree it's your right.
                diwana I am not with you on this one!

All she needed to travel was to have a Mahram accompanying her! which SHE DEFINITLY DID! they were minors but still her Mahrams!

I think our Society Fails to protect our Women Folk! whether it is East or West!

every other argument that she did not notice fuel gage does not carry that much weight, we ALL make that Mistake when in a rush!

The Minimum Punishment I suggest is to Tatoo Warning on Rapist Forehead for All to read!...
                Balaghal-ula bi-kamaalihi / Kashafad-duja bi-jamaalihi / Hasunat jameeu khisaalihi / Sallu alaihi wa aalihi

Comment

Originally posted by SindSagar View Post

diwana I am not with you on this one!

All she needed to travel was to have a Mahram accompanying her! which SHE DEFINITLY DID! they were minors but still her Mahrams!

I think our Society Fails to protect our Women Folk! whether it is East or West!

every other argument that she did not notice fuel gage does not carry that much weight, we ALL make that Mistake when in a rush!

The Minimum Punishment I suggest is to Tatoo Warning on Rapist Forehead for All to read!...

Thanks for a good laugh.

Question 1 : Do you even read what you write?

Question 2 : Do you even search or know the meaning and context of the situation in hand before writing your comment?

Question 3 : Do you check the meaning and the context of the word(s) you type before typing?

I can easily say No. You do not.

Your post should be made sticky in joke forum. Especially the Mehram part.

There... I gave you a hint just to help you.

Comment

krash I could blame the lack of sound judgement. God gave her a chance to live in a safe society and she decided to go back to a place which is the most dangerous on planet for women, Misogynists' there blame rape victims. Also one of the highest in all sorts of corruption and somehow she thought to bring her children there to teach them values. I guess her children did learn the values.

The biggest story is that these guys have been raping for years and in a victim blaming society almost all rape victims stay quiet.
                    Hanging a few cannot change the mindset of a society.

Comment

Safe society!??

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/01/w...ex-crimes.html

https://www.thestar.com.my/lifestyle...ictims-of-rape

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-study-reports

Comment

Working...
                      X