Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most popular baby boy names in Pakistan

1) Mohammad/Mustafa/Mujtaba
    But interestingly Mujtaba is more popular than Mustafa and Mohammad in Pakistan.
    2) Umer
    3) Pervez
    4) Ali
    5) Hassan
    6) Hussein
    7) Usman
    8) Kashif
    9) Abbas

There are some more, but I don't know.
    Last edited by MujtabaIK; 4 weeks ago.

Usually the Muhajirs/immigrants from Northern India during partition never have Arabic/Persian names.

Especially from the Princely state of Awadh or the United Provinces of Agra and Oudh.

That never do. Especially from Lucknow, Delhi, Agra, Patialia, or Ludhiana.

I did meet some Muslims from the Indian Kashmir. Usually they have Arabic and Persian names as well.

Ahsan/Ehsan is another popular Persian name for boys.

The Bangladeshi and Indian Muslims think Partition was a huge mistake,

But the Pakistanis never say yes to that.

We always say partition was the right thing to do.

Anyways. What is done is done, and the water is under the bridge.

Comment

Other controversial issues:

Kashmir dispute: Yes the Hindu King of Kashmir was being dishonest, when the majority of the populous of the Kashmir princely state which included Gilgit-Baltistan, Azad Kashmir, Jammu, Kashmir valley, and Ladakh was 75-80% majority Muslim.

But ofcourse the history has been blurred.

The story is like this:

The Nizam of Hyderabad was about to accede to Pakistan, But Nehru told Osman Ali Jah that there cannot be a Pakistani province in the Middle of the Republic of India.

So the Indian army went into Hyderabad and annexed it by force.

Later on the King of Kashmir signed a "Standstill" agreement with Liaquat Ali Khan, saying basically he will accede to Pakistan eventually.

but then the Indian forces invaded Kashmir and forced the King of Kashmir to sign an instrument of accession with Republic of India.

but the United Nations and Pakistan disputes this document ever existing. There are several United Nations Resolutions on this matter.

But, the Indians say it is not enforceable.

They say the Shimla Agreement, makes the Kashmir dispute a bilateral problem.

I think Kofi Annan says the problem has to be resolved another way.

The Kargil conflict was a disaster more serious than the loss of East Pakistan.

They say that was the final nail in the coffin in resolving the matter through military force.

Now both countries have nuclear weapons now. How will military force resolve the age old dispute.

Comment

China apparently also has a claim on Kashmir which is known as Aksai Chin.
        They won that piece of land through war with India.

Comment

My ancestors could have been Ex-Christians before converting to Islam

The Oriental church of the East.

Comment

Usually the Pathans, Kashmiris, and Punjabis make fun of the Muhajirs in Pakistan becuase they are dark-skinned. haha. Yes they will call them racist.

Comment

Originally posted by MujtabaIK View Post
              Usually the Muhajirs/immigrants from Northern India during partition never have Arabic/Persian names.
              What are you talking about? Everyone I know has Persian/Arabic names.
              What are examples of non-Arabic/non-Persian names that you have seen among muhajirs?

Comment

Originally posted by krash View Post

What are examples of non-Arabic/non-Persian names that you have seen among muhajirs?
                Those born in Pakistan have Arabic and Persian names.

But those Muhajirs from Northern India do not necessarily have Arabic or Persian names.

They have names which are culturally Muslim, but not necessarily Arabic/Persian.

Comment

Those born in Pakistan have Arabic and Persian names.

But those Muhajirs from Northern India do not necessarily have Arabic or Persian names.

They have names which are culturally Muslim, but not necessarily Muslim.
                  Again, I don't know any Indian muslims who don't have Arabic/Persian names.
                  Do you have any examples?

Comment

Again, I don't know any Indian muslims who don't have Arabic/Persian names.
                    Do you have any examples?
                    Yes I have a Pakistani friend named Adeen Zahir Solaiman.

Is Adeen an Arabic name, I don’t know.

Comment

• krash
                      krash commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Adeen (also written as Azeen) is an indirect Quranic name for boys and girls that means “obedient”, “righteous”, “one who listens to what is said”, “ruler”, “chief”. It is derived from the A-DHAL-N Quranic root.

Muhajirs are usually dark-skinned.
                    but the Pakistani Punjabis, Pathans, Baloch, and Kashmiri are usually fair-skinned.

Comment

• krash
                      krash commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Generally true. Though there are many muhajirs of Pathan, Persian and Central Asian ancestory who are fair-skinned

Muhajirs are usually dark-skinned.
                    but the Pakistani Punjabis, Pathans, Baloch, and Kashmiri are usually fair-skinned.
                    I am talking about Muhajirs from Northern India.
                    Not Muhajirs from Afghanistan.

Comment

• krash
                      krash commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That's what I am talking about too. Many Urdu speaking muhajirs from North India have Pathan, Persian or Central Asian ancestory.

I am talking about Muhajirs from Northern India.
                    Not Muhajirs from Afghanistan.
                    Maybe you are right.

Comment

Working...
                    X