Serious Implications of Terrorist Activities For Muslims - An Open Debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serious Implications of Terrorist Activities For Muslims - An Open Debate

“Thousands of protesters ransacked a mosque and clashed with police in the Nepalese capital on Wednesday to protest the killing of 12 Nepalese hostages by Iraqi militants.”

All of us must have read about on-going riots in Nepal in respond to killings of 12 Nepalese by “mujahidin” in Iraq. What else do you expect when these brainless idiots who dare to call them mujahids, would start killing poor innocent people everywhere. Like majority of Muslims, I can make a case in favor of these barbarians based on an assumption that these killings are done by Jews and USA to defame “mujahids” but i know from bottom of my heart this is not true...what a shame.....I still do not understand what exactly these idiots are achieving by extending their war against every nation. These barbarians used to share some support around the globe when they were focused against USA’s military bases but now they are killing innocent people of every nation with no exception. Just last month they killed two Pakistanis…Killing these poor people in such a horrendous way who left their families to earn bread and butter for their kids is so disgusting….. I hate when these people dare to say Kalma in loud voice on TV with knives in one hand and someone’s head in other hand….NO YOU ARE NOT MUSLIM AND YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO RECITE OUR KALMA…. I know that a lot of my friends at this forum will make a case that since these people were working for USA companies, therefore Iraqi or Muslim mujahidins have every right to cut their heads to liberate their land. We all know how bogus that argument is……

I am afraid that these idiots would finally cause such a rift between Muslims and non Muslims that it would eventually lead to disastrous consequences for Muslims. History always teaches us some lesson and let’s look back at our history for a second. I believe we Muslims across the globe are facing the same situation, which sub-continental Muslims were facing after 1857 war. Muslims were defeated comprehensively by British and they had two choices to make.

One, boycott British rulers to the best possible extent with no contact with them whatsoever. Keep doing jihad against them and not to equip themselves with new scientific knowledge.

Or, be political with British rulers, open schools, learn english, equip themselves with medicine and science, and advance themselves.

Sir Syed ahmed khan pursued the battered Muslim nation to opt for second choice and history told us that he made the right choice. 50 years later when Muslims decided to fight for their rights, majority of Muslim leaders were provided by Ali –Garh University, an educational institution founded by Sir Syed Ahmed khan. Later, Ideological and political leadership was provided to the sub continental Muslims by Iqbal and Jinnah respectively, both educated in western institutions. One wonders what the course of history would have been for the sub continental Muslims had they decided to opt for first choice.

We Muslims need to make the same choice today. I have stated many times in my other posts and I would like to reiterate that condemning these terrorist activities does not necessarily mean supporting USA. I am only concerned about Muslims future. It is about time we need to make a clear choice in terms of supporting these Muslim terrorists organizations or to stand up against them with full passion. When these barbarians kill innocent people, we Muslims suffer around the globe… What we saw in Nepal could be a possible trendsetter in every continent with innocent Muslims under attack. I believe, right now, the Muslim nation should spend all of its energy in equipping itself with science and modern knowledge instead of letting its youth to fall into the terrorism ditch.

Couldn't agree more phoenixdesi ....

The dilemma is how do you denounce these groups and mark them un-Islamic? how do you break the link between them and Islam in an average Muslim’s mind and then the rest of the world?... it has to be done at a broader scale and there has to be a methodical way of handling this... it should be made clear to the supporters as well as these so called "jihadis" or what have you that they are not doing Islam any good but defaming it and committing sins in the name of the very religion that they proclaim to hold so dear...

The public in Muslim states have to be on board with this, I think that is the key.. but how do you get them on board?

Comment

They are not Muslims even though they are born in Muslim families and they have Muslims names, and they claim they are doing this for Allah. It is still hard for me to believe that these are just some religious extremists murdering innocent people. I just don't want to accept that. There must be something else going on here. One thing for sure that American forces will never leave Iraq, and the only way they can stay here if the situation remains bad. If there is no terrorism left in Iraq then Americans will be pressured by the rest of the world to leave or hand over to United Nations. So it’s clear that who is benefiting from this violence in Iraq. This is just a thought, so if you don't agree plz don't respond
      “First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”

Comment

Originally posted by Agent Smith:
        This is just a thought, so if you don't agree plz don't respond
        you are always welcome to express your opinion (so far it is expressed in civilized manner).....and every one is welcome to respond to it but again, please be civilized and be logical..thanks

Comment

Re: Serious Implications of Terrorist Activities For Muslims - An Ppen Debat

Originally posted by phoenixdesi:
          [I]“ I believe, right now, the Muslim nation should spend all of its energy in equipping itself with science and modern knowledge instead of letting its youth to fall into the terrorism ditch.
          Exactly, give these people a choice. An opportunity must be provided to them which they can turn too rather than these extremist groups which offer them something that isn't there (a purpose? a meaning?) .

The concept of Jihad is a great idea, the fight and struggle to find oneself though Islam, once done use that to better Islam, Muslims, and all those around you. This isn't through violence but the passing of knowledge and the understanding of the world and how as a Muslim one can make it better, is it not?

Comment

Untill you have occupation in Iraq, Afghanistan, palestine and other places you will face the wrath of muslim fighters.

It is nice to talk about education and technology but that is bit difficult to think about when your humiliated daily and you house is being blown up by israeli occupiers, or you family blown into thousand pieces by a US cruise missle!

The issues of education and technology and economy is at the government level and can only be implemented by a functioning state. what this topic is about is the individual who sees an injustice and takes action.

Comment

Mr. ak47, your type of defeatist attitude will only drive Muslims further back.

Comment

Originally posted by ak47:
                Untill you have occupation in Iraq, Afghanistan, palestine and other places you will face the wrath of muslim fighters.

It is nice to talk about education and technology but that is bit difficult to think about when your humiliated daily and you house is being blown up by israeli occupiers, or you family blown into thousand pieces by a US cruise missle!

The issues of education and technology and economy is at the government level and can only be implemented by a functioning state. what this topic is about is the individual who sees an injustice and takes action.
                how you can win agianst israel with 200 nukes or russia or west
                or india?

Comment

Originally posted by ak47:

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”

Comment

"Untill you have occupation in Iraq, Afghanistan, palestine and other places you will face the wrath of muslim fighters.

The issues of education and technology and economy is at the government level and can only be implemented by a functioning state. what this topic is about is the individual who sees an injustice and takes action."

Wait a second. In Afghanistan you have upcoming elections. Presumably as free and fair as you would find anywhere in the Muslim world. And Jihadi's are shooting Aid workers and election workers! There is a viable political process emerging, should that not be explored and exhausted before going to guns? In Iraq there is the most representative governement in 40 years, and more representative than anywhere else in the Arab world. Is this not worth an effort before guns? How many "Camp David" type peace initiatives have been tried?

Sometimes you do not get everything you want. Sometimes compromise is necessary. That is the core issue with Jihadi's, they believe that they can impose a 100% solution with the gun and enough dead bodies. They believe that ruthlessness will get them everything they want. That is simply one more route to totalitarian rule.
                    Boycott Venezuelas State owned Citgo.

Buy Royal Dutch Shell gasoline!

Comment

This is a bit from Mahathir's interview to Geo TV.

(Words to the effect) The attitude that muslims need to change is this: We should be looking for victory, not revenge.

The most apt statement that I have heard in the recent past. For the jihadis, revenge seems to be more important than victory. Fighting for victory is always a longer game than fighting for revenge and one needs patience, tact, composed thinking, things that an AK47 or a suicide bomb can never give us.

Chew on this victory vs revenge business

Comment

I have never ever read such a stupid discussion in my life. I mean did you all get a lobotomy at a discount or something. Please tell me:

1. Are all germans nazis? Should they be considered nazis and treated as hate mongering criminals?

2. Are frenchies supporters of Le Pen? Should be treated like one would treat Le Pen?

3. Are all americans member of the KKK? Should we ransack american homes out of fear that they are members of the KKK and want to resotr white supremecy?

4. Should all christains be treated like one treats mormons or JW? Should we run at the sight of a christain fearing they will insult our religion or that they will try to convert us?

5. Should we consider all christains or just christain priests to be child molestors? Should they be burned at the stake and discriminated against to protect our children?

The problem lies with the people that use the minority to demonize the majority. That is exactly what Hitler did with the jews and what Stalin did to annex so many countries to be part of the USSR.

The problem does not lie within the muslim communities, because they realised these acts are unislamic.

The problem lies with the rest of the world that chooses to use the minority to define the majority.

That is the problem. And it is no better when muslims cant even realise such simple things and post dumbass posts.

Please feel free to ignore my points and continue on with your inane discussion.
                        You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

CM don't go knocking the logic of our esteemed moderators, they speak for all of us on this site, officially, like it or not.

Comment

I would personally like to knock their genetic structure. Forget their logic.
                            You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

Well said CM.

Comment

Working...
                              X