An Indian's experience in Pakistan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An Indian's experience in Pakistan

This was posted by another Indian in one of the news groups.

Subject: Pakistan

Folks,

This mail has nothing to do with work. just wanted to share
    certain very overwhelming experiences. Had been to karachi for the
    1st one dayer on saturday.

1. Imagine 39,990 Pakistanis & 50 of us Indians cheering lustily
    'for' each other, throwing chocolates at us !!. Quite a few
    were carrying the flags of both countries imaginatively stitched
    together. Then they all stood to give a standing ovation to the Indian
    cricket team !

2. Guy on the street selling 'bhuttas' refused to accept money saying
    that we were 'mehmaan' in their country !!

3. people rushing to shake our hands on the streets & asking us to
    come to their home for dinner

4. Restaurant owners refusing to accept the bill payment after
    coming to know that we were from India

5. Everybody we met & we met quite a few, had some relative staying
    in India.

6. Star plus is the most favourite channel in Karachi

7. There was a TV star called Heena ?? who was sitting in the
    stadium, one pakistani put up a impromptu banner saying "heena,
    will u marry me ?"!!

8. Shops gave us 40 to 50% discount ...........India again

9. Taxis, autos, army guys......the list is
    endless.......everywhere loads of courtesy, respect.....
    more than we would get in our own country !!!!!

It is really sad that we have an impression of that country that is
    so negative. I shudder to think of the plight of pakistanis who would
    come to india when the Indo-pak matches will happen here.
    Sad, that we consider ourselves 'secular' & yet will spare no thought
    before making negative statements on that country. It's sad but true ,
    this experience teaches one that......"Perception is not reality".

Thank u for sparing your time.
    Have a lovely day.

Warm Regards
    Sai Nagesh,

<contact details snipped>

Mashallah, Pakistani hospitality is second to none.

Comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Originally posted by Malik73:
      Mashallah, Pakistani hospitality is second to none.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I must say no other country would have taken over 5 million Afghan refugees.

Well done Pakistan. Now be good boys and give up claims on Kashmir

Comment

^We're still not letting a single Gupta in

Comment

^ no man, I was thinking of charging gupta some nazrana-e-aqeedat to write a taveez that would let him visit. if this deal falls thru because of u. my lawyers messers pudgy, potrly and stout, and negotiators messrs rocko and bruno will be there to "discuss" matters with you.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

^ No no no Pir Sahib I don't want any trouble....just my cut. Hmm what should we call this sytem of Nazrana e Aqeedat? Charge-A-Gupta?

Comment

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Originally posted by mufakkar:
              ^We're still not letting a single Gupta in
              -------------------------------------------------------------------------

What a shame. I was so much looking forward to visiting Pakistan during ‘Rundi Mela’. I am still waiting for Lajawab to confirm the dates.

Pir Saheb, please be aware; the name Gupta is protected by Scottish copyright laws. Which means the use of name Gupta by any third party for soliciting money from any source in the name of religious or none religious causes/benefits will require explicit permission from ‘Gupta Ji Pvt. Ltd.’. Failure to meet these conditions will result in a lawsuit with a demand for an unprecedented amount of single malt nectar.

Comment

Originally posted by Gupta:
                --------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I must say no other country would have taken over 5 million Afghan refugees.
                No country has ever taken such a large number of refugees in, and in such a short period of time.

Comment

lol, that would be truly awesome if this was genuine. but Sai Nagesh is most likely a pakistani (btw, in the other version of this that i saw, there was no Sai Nagesh). the outstanding reason as to why this is so suspect is that half of the listed items relate to the voluntary refusal of money. desis are poor people. and the richest of the rich are still incredibly cheap. a bhutta seller? come on! 50% discounts for being indian! lol. inviting kaafirs home for dinner? the other give-away was the full paragraph of stark contrast dedicated to vilifying india. "shudder", "plight"........i really hate to be this cynical, but reality has to strike at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by nikhil25:
                    lol, that would be truly awesome if this was genuine.
                    I think you are wrong. Read on...

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/Displaya...ection=cricket

Indians feel at home in Lahore

For several years, Man Mohan Sood had wanted to return to Lahore, the city of his birth. Sood, who played one Test for India in 1960, finally got his chance this week after visa restrictions were eased for India’s historic full cricket tour of Pakistan, their first in 14 years. “It’s like a homecoming for me,” Sood told Reuters. “I’ve not just come here to watch the cricket but also to meet old friends and see the city where I was born.” Thousands of Indian fans have descended on Lahore and been welcomed at hotels in traditional fashion by drums and garlands. “It’s great for the fans to be able to watch India and Pakistan play cricket again,” said Pramod Ojha, who runs a construction business in New Delhi. “Lahore looks and feels just like home. The language, the people and the atmosphere - everything is great.”

India and Pakistan have fought three wars since independence from Britain in 1947 and were close to a fourth two years ago. The Indian government had banned all home and away cricket against Pakistan in 2000. However the countries have begun a tentative rapprochement, reviving air, road and rail links and calling a ceasefire in disputed Kashmir. Many hope cricket will prove a catalyst for enduring peace. Pakistan has issued about 8,000 visas to Indian fans for the India tour. “I’m here on a three-day visa,” said S.V. Malik, who lives in Bombay but was born in the Pakistani city of Sialkot, 100km from Lahore. “I’m going to try and visit Sialkot, although I’m here for a very short time. If I’d been allowed, I would’ve loved to stay longer and see some other cities as well. But it’s a start that I’ve finally got here. Things should get better with time.” Hotels in Lahore are overbooked and room rates have hit the roof.

“We’ve paying about $200 for the room, and that’s because we know someone who works in the hotel. Some people are even paying up to $500 a night, said Siddharth Chanchal, a New Delhi businessman. “We have about 200 Indian fans staying here and more are expected in the next two days,” said Imran Qadir, guest relations manager at the Pearl-Continental hotel. Tour operator Nadeem Fateh, whose Lahore-based company has put up 50 Indian fans in hotels near the Gadaffi Stadium, said some of his clients had crossed the India-Pakistan border at Wagah on foot. “We have been told by officials that a total of 2,000 people are expected to walk across the border because they could not get airline, train or bus tickets.”

Comment

Originally posted by nikhil25:
                      lol, that would be truly awesome if this was genuine. but Sai Nagesh is most likely a pakistani (btw, in the other version of this that i saw, there was no Sai Nagesh). the outstanding reason as to why this is so suspect is that half of the listed items relate to the voluntary refusal of money. desis are poor people. and the richest of the rich are still incredibly cheap. a bhutta seller? come on! 50% discounts for being indian! lol. inviting kaafirs home for dinner? the other give-away was the full paragraph of stark contrast dedicated to vilifying india. "shudder", "plight"........i really hate to be this cynical, but reality has to strike at some point.
                      Please shut your arrogant trap! You know nothing... I live in Pindi and i invited a group of indians over to my house for Dinner, Asheesh-Jay-Parath and Amit! They were very honest when they said that until they came to Pakistan they had a very bad impression of Pakistanis and when they would go back they would spread the world of how wrong their views were. Ok yes there is still a lot of bad blood, but come-on we are so close yet so far!!! That is really bad!!!

Lets Change!!

And by the way, Cakes and Bakes in Saddar, Rawalpindi (A normal Bakery) offered goody bags to indian guests.,... SO there .. :nahnah:

Comment

Originally posted by Malik73:

I think you are wrong. Read on...

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/Displaya...ection=cricket

Indians feel at home in Lahore

For several years, Man Mohan Sood had wanted to return to Lahore, the city of his birth. Sood, who played one Test for India in 1960, finally got his chance this week after visa restrictions were eased for India’s historic full cricket tour of Pakistan, their first in 14 years. “It’s like a homecoming for me,” Sood told Reuters. “I’ve not just come here to watch the cricket but also to meet old friends and see the city where I was born.” Thousands of Indian fans have descended on Lahore and been welcomed at hotels in traditional fashion by drums and garlands. “It’s great for the fans to be able to watch India and Pakistan play cricket again,” said Pramod Ojha, who runs a construction business in New Delhi. “Lahore looks and feels just like home. The language, the people and the atmosphere - everything is great.”

India and Pakistan have fought three wars since independence from Britain in 1947 and were close to a fourth two years ago. The Indian government had banned all home and away cricket against Pakistan in 2000. However the countries have begun a tentative rapprochement, reviving air, road and rail links and calling a ceasefire in disputed Kashmir. Many hope cricket will prove a catalyst for enduring peace. Pakistan has issued about 8,000 visas to Indian fans for the India tour. “I’m here on a three-day visa,” said S.V. Malik, who lives in Bombay but was born in the Pakistani city of Sialkot, 100km from Lahore. “I’m going to try and visit Sialkot, although I’m here for a very short time. If I’d been allowed, I would’ve loved to stay longer and see some other cities as well. But it’s a start that I’ve finally got here. Things should get better with time.” Hotels in Lahore are overbooked and room rates have hit the roof.

“We’ve paying about $200 for the room, and that’s because we know someone who works in the hotel. Some people are even paying up to $500 a night, said Siddharth Chanchal, a New Delhi businessman. “We have about 200 Indian fans staying here and more are expected in the next two days,” said Imran Qadir, guest relations manager at the Pearl-Continental hotel. Tour operator Nadeem Fateh, whose Lahore-based company has put up 50 Indian fans in hotels near the Gadaffi Stadium, said some of his clients had crossed the India-Pakistan border at Wagah on foot. “We have been told by officials that a total of 2,000 people are expected to walk across the border because they could not get airline, train or bus tickets.”
                        I do not doubt any of this. It is all very believable and is really good to hear. However, I stand by my belief that the first article was a work of fiction.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Jackal:

Please shut your arrogant trap! You know nothing... I live in Pindi and i invited a group of indians over to my house for Dinner, Asheesh-Jay-Parath and Amit! They were very honest when they said that until they came to Pakistan they had a very bad impression of Pakistanis and when they would go back they would spread the world of how wrong their views were. Ok yes there is still a lot of bad blood, but come-on we are so close yet so far!!! That is really bad!!!

Lets Change!!

And by the way, Cakes and Bakes in Saddar, Rawalpindi (A normal Bakery) offered goody bags to indian guests.,... SO there .. :nahnah:
                          Arrey! How was I being arrogant? I simply said that i believe that first account was a work of fiction. I don't doubt pakistani hospitality in the least, and I don't doubt that you are a very hospitable guy.

Comment

It is said that around 10000 Indians are visiting Pakistan during the cricket series. Each person is spending around $5000.

Comment

Is that $5000 in rupees? Because surely none of those guys have 2.5 lakh rupees to spend on a trip like this. most of them are college kids. hell, many americans dont have $5,000 in their bank accounts. i would say that could be wealthy indians and celebrities, etc. but im sure they make up only a small percentage of the indian fans in pakistan. something doesnt sound right.

Comment

Working...
                              X