X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John Edwards Surges in Wisconsin

1% reporting- Edwards-41%, Kerry-36%, Dean 17%

1% reporting?!?! After the first results trickled in NH, Clarke was winning

Anyway, the big question is when will Dean quit? If he is infact a distant 3rd in Wisconin, do you think he will stick around till March 2nd?
    "Let your friends underestimate your virtues. Let your enemies overestimate your faults." - Godfather.

Comment

Deans done a lot for the Democratic Party, he ignited a fire under a lot of people and that’s proven by his ability to raise $50 million. His campaign for President is over but I’m sure he'll continue ‘to campaign’ for “real change” in Washington and get those who have been alienated to support the Democratic candidate who is nominated. It’s also been thrown around that he will back Edwards, wait and see. So 2 solid candidates are left and 2 weeks until Super Tuesday.

Comment

Makes ya wonder if Kerry would've ever become the front runner without Clark muddying things up for Edwards, eh?

Comment

it's the Democratic Party reborn.. right after Gore said goodbye, you couldn't name three Democrats who were visible enough to challenge Bush.. today any one of the top 5 could run a successful campaign against Bush.. the winner will probably be a formidable challenge for GOP..
          JaddoN kaddya jaloos ghareeba tay shehr ich choatalee lug gayee

Comment

underthedome - were you watching Hardball with Chris Matthew? they used the same headline as you did - anyhow - it could have been the biggest upset but Kerry pulled it off anyway - WOW - how much was the difference? 5 points i think.

winning New York and California is a looooooong short to be honest but i don't see Edwards even finishing close against Kerry on Super Tuesday - if Edwards finishes strong in Utah and Hawaii - he could build his momemtum with positive message - and with that he could go one-on-one - toe-to-toe against Kerry.
            If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone. Michael Corleone

Comment

Here's two articles on the breakdown between Kerry voters and Edwards voters in Wisconsin.. pretty much the argument is that poor people are stupid and were voting for Kerry just because they were told that he could win while people that actually pay attention were voting for Edwards based not only on electability but issues as well, implying that Edwards is the more electable one and that Kerry is just riding a bubble. Sounds about right.

Turning the Tables
              John Kerry is right to be scared

Comment

^ intersting links Spoon. The recent polls showing Kerry beating Bush by 10 points and Edwards beating Bush by 8 points may very well play into this race before all is said and done. Edwards can now point at legitimate polls and argue that he is just as likely to beat Bush as Kerry is. That would force voters to look at the issues and it appears from the exit polling that Edwards beats Kerry on that score. As Yogi Berra said: "It aint over till its over."
                "I met the surgeon general - he offered me a cigarette. " --Rodney Dangerfield

Comment

Working...
                X