X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kite flying incident

Sorry to read about this incident.

Any more news?

Happens every year. It is more a competition then festival and people get caught up in it.

Comment

T.O.M, it seems a great deal more people have been killed in this festival this year....very tragic.

The Basant gala-2004 claimed 19 lives besides leaving hundreds of others injured, as Lahorites did their way to record the deadliest celebrations.

I am not sure of the religious arguments behind this festival, but for the above reasons alone I think it should be banned in the future.

Comment

Re: Kite flying incident

Originally posted by The Old Man:
        Sorry to read about this incident.

Any more news?
        According to this story 1 dead due to metal wire (not legal), 2 trying to catch kites and one fell off the roof.

....how does any of that relate to the actual festival? Jail one person for flying metal wire for 5 years....and I bet no one will dare do it again.

Kite flying is part of Lahori culture...thousands of families depend on it for their bread and butter (I bet financial ruin, after the ban, killed more people than the accidents, but thats a lousy argument)... not to mention that is a cheap and healthy form of entertainment for a population that has few other facilities. I do agree that it needs to be regulated....but banning it altogather isnt theway to go.

Comment

Working...
        X