Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who needs to Apologize?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Who needs to Apologize?

    http://pakwatan.com/main/Qadeer4.php3

    What a brilliant article. A must read. It talks about all the corrupt people and looters, from Musharraf to the Parliament, who decided AQ Khan's fate. Read in the end how AQ Khan cried when he found out he was pardoned by these same people.

    #2
    Urdu phadne nahi aatee...


    Anyways, some NATIONAL HERO the Pakistanis have... a thief, a bandit and a smuggler all rolled into one... an egotist metallurgist who starts off a career in Nuclear Science by stealing Dutch designs and then does a garage sale of his nuclear wares..shamelessly accumulating wealth and property in the process....... Has the whole of Pakistan gone nuts to raise this everyday burglar to a hero status...Is he the role model Pakistani kids would like to emulate...

    Comment


      #3
      Ill try to translate the whole thing tommorow night.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Some1: Anyways, some NATIONAL HERO the Pakistanis have... a thief, a bandit and a smuggler all rolled into one... an egotist metallurgist who starts off a career in Nuclear Science by stealing Dutch designs and then does a garage sale of his nuclear wares..shamelessly accumulating wealth and property in the process....... Has the whole of Pakistan gone nuts to raise this everyday burglar to a hero status...Is he the role model Pakistani kids would like to emulate...
        Thief??? : Patriot is more like it. He did whatever was neccessary to protect his country, when it was under threat of an unrelentingly hostile neighbouring country to its east that had invaded Pakistan's internationally recognised sovereign territory twice in the previous 10 years, and that was constructing an arsenal of weapons of mass destruction.

        Bandit??? : Praytell what acts of banditry he commited, else withdraw your baseless allegation.

        Smuggler : He was raised to hero status long before allegations were made of his a smuggler, and those who still hold him to be a hero maintain that he did not do any smuggling, but rather was an agent of government policy.

        Those who hold Dr Khan to be a still role model for Pakistan view him as a patriot, who allowed himself to become a fugitive in Europe for the sake of his country's national security, and who was turned into a scapegoat for government policy to avoid repercussions that would damage his country, and who above all willingly sacrificed his honour for his country by claiming sole responsibility for the allegations laid against his country and thus exonerating it completely.

        In short. those who hold him as a hero view him as a man who gave all of himself to the protection of his nation, of his people.

        Of course, there are also many who take the opposite voew - that he did not act as an agent of government policy, that he started as a hero and then used this status and trust for personal benefit. But that is being discussed in another thread.
        Muslims are so good at dividing that they can divide the atom. If you see two Muslims, probably they belong to 3 parties.
        Al-Ghazali

        Comment


          #5
          Maddy, I dont think you should waste any time on this one, trust me!

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Some1:
            Urdu phadne nahi aatee...
            shame...

            and for the rest of your views; in some time when you know more you'll reflect and know how inaccurate your perceptions are...
            real life thes days is not as simple as plain traitor or plain hero, it's far more complicated.

            Comment


              #7
              Why dont indians admit that they are jealous of the fact that Musharaf once again took Pakistan out of the trouble

              Comment


                #8
                The truth is that there is no right or good side to this latest debacle. AQ Khan is not a saint, and certianly not the army, ISI or its underlings.

                After Kargil, the army lied to the whole world and it's crediblity was reduced to zero and now they don't even know who amongst them is selling nuclear weapons, who is helping taliban, who is smuggling drugs, who is stealing land, who is hording taxpayers money, who is hellping americans, who is fighting americans.

                The pak army today is the most corrupt and ineffectice institution we have. Can you imagine any other civilized country in the world where it's scientists sell state secrets and then they are pardoned and NO ONE is fired, no one resigns, no one is charged with treason. At least make the general in charge of nuclear security resign with some land allotments in Sindh. Their is no shame in this beghairat army.

                Poor Musharraf had to be told by the Americans what his own people are doing, he cannot even trust his intelligence service.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Imdad Ali:
                  The truth is that there is no right or good side to this latest debacle. AQ Khan is not a saint, and certianly not the army, ISI or its underlings.

                  After Kargil, the army lied to the whole world and it's crediblity was reduced to zero and now they don't even know who amongst them is selling nuclear weapons, who is helping taliban, who is smuggling drugs, who is stealing land, who is hording taxpayers money, who is hellping americans, who is fighting americans.

                  The pak army today is the most corrupt and ineffectice institution we have. Can you imagine any other civilized country in the world where it's scientists sell state secrets and then they are pardoned and NO ONE is fired, no one resigns, no one is charged with treason. At least make the general in charge of nuclear security resign with some land allotments in Sindh. Their is no shame in this beghairat army.
                  unfortunately, I agree with pretty much everything you posted. strange times.

                  waisay IMO, substituting "army" with "generals" will make your assertion even more credible.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    "Poor musharraf" is an oxymoron. The dictator has been fully involved in the N-proliferation. wait-and-see.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      What I find hard to believe that this Mr. Strangelove has made no secrets of his ill-gotten wealth in Pak and abroad... and Musharaff says "He can have his money". No matter how liberally I look at it...I still dont get it.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Maybe, just maybe now Pakistanis will realize that FULL civillan rule, no matter how corrupt and horrible it may seem still offers something no army rule can: transparency. For that to happen generals will need to learn their place in Pakistani society and government structure.

                        How that will happen is the more difficult question, but only when we realize the real problem, we can solve it.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Imdad Ali:
                          ....Pakistanis will realize that FULL civillan rule, no matter how corrupt and horrible it may seem still offers something no army rule can: transparency.
                          Not sure about that.
                          But one thing good about Civilian rule (democracy) is that the rulers can be kicked out if you dont like them...when the Army is in power...the common people have no such choice...

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Imdad Ali:
                            Can you imagine any other civilized country in the world where it's scientists sell state secrets and then they are pardoned and NO ONE is fired, no one resigns, no one is charged with treason.
                            yes.. when it's in National interest nations try to put a lid on things.. early developers of the USA bomb leaked details to the Soviets.... and the list is long on Israeli spies who were caught in the USA but deported not tried and became national heroes back home.

                            it's time we stood up and protected our own without buckling under foreign pressures.. Had musharraf punished AQ we'd all be crying hoarse on how he bows down to western demands on just a telephone call.. at least give him credit for showing some spine for a change.. even if it involves saving his own skin..
                            JaddoN kaddya jaloos ghareeba tay shehr ich choatalee lug gayee

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by PakistaniAbroad:


                              yes.. when it's in National interest nations try to put a lid on things.. early developers of the USA bomb leaked details to the Soviets.... and the list is long on Israeli spies who were caught in the USA but deported not tried and became national heroes back home.

                              it's time we stood up and protected our own without buckling under foreign pressures.. Had musharraf punished AQ we'd all be crying hoarse on how he bows down to western demands on just a telephone call.. at least give him credit for showing some spine for a change.. even if it involves saving his own skin..
                              I agree!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X