Pia Colour Change Scheme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pia Colour Change Scheme

Brother Naeem from Singapore through DAWN 6.2.2004 enquires can any one from PIA higher echelon tell him what they were thinking while accepting the national airlines new colour scheme?

I am not aware of any recent colour scheme change by PIA. Any such news item might have escaped my eyes if actually there was any. I do not know if any one from PIA would give answer to brother Naeem but just to enlighten him I wish to apprise him of another colour change scheme. It was during second tenure of Benazir Bhutto that Pakistan Railways all of a sudden started changing trains colour starting with main express trains. On inauguration of first such colour changed train (Tezgam) at Karachi Cantt Railway Station the Railways Minister was asked the rationale for this change. His reply was since many people travel without tickets, this change of beautiful colour scheme will make them buy tickets. God saved us that soon after the minister was sent home. Whether the ticketless passengers started buying tickets or not there is no record available but there is on official record that the NWFP paint factory of the then Railway Ministerís brother got enough paint supply orders.
Working...
X