$11.5 million found in Arafat's Wife's Bank Accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$11.5 million found in Arafat's Wife's Bank Accounts

I'm sure this is just the tip of the iceberg, but "French prosecutors said Tuesday they had opened an inquiry into transfers totaling $11.5 million into bank accounts held in France by Suha Arafat, the wife of Palestinian President Yasser Arafat."

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.j...toryID=4327761

I wonder if Arafat has been able to save this sum from his meager salary by living frugally all these years. NOT. If the Palestinian people ever learn how much this guy must have looted from humanitarian aid sent to the PA to improve their existence, he'd probably be hanging from a meathook in Manger Square.

Undoubtedly, this news will never hit the headlines on Al Jazeera. The phrase "You Can't Handle the Truth" comes to mind.
    "I met the surgeon general - he offered me a cigarette. " --Rodney Dangerfield

I am shocked. Who would have imagined it!
    Boycott Venezuelas State owned Citgo.

Buy Royal Dutch Shell gasoline!

Comment

Hey if you spend money on the refuge camps the people might make them into something and actually like them and then you couldn't really call them camps could you?

Refugee camps still exist after 50 years even after millions of dollars in donations. Sad, pathetic, and corrupt P.A.

Comment

damn isn't she lucky she did not put her money into one of teh S&L's Neil Bush was running

anyhoo, Arafat is as corrupt as they go..he may even be able to teach a trick or 2 to Benazir and Dick Cheney.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Maybe it's just me. But leaders who skim some gravy from the highly lucrative (if illegal) drug trade a la Noriega and/or leaders who lap at the troughs of money flowing from exploitation of natural resources a la the Saudi Royal family seem a little less reprehensible than Arafat. The only money he has available to steal is the humanitarian assistance benevolently given to a people whose only natural resource to exploit during Arafat's reign of power is their own blood. The misery of his own people is his pipeline to personal wealth.
          "I met the surgeon general - he offered me a cigarette. " --Rodney Dangerfield

Comment

Forbes has listed Arafat worth $300 million for the last few years, I donít think there's any dispute about the corruption that has gone on within the P.A.

Israel targets suicide bombers and terrorists. If there was half-decent living many likely wouldn't turn to suicide bombing and no suicide bombing equals no Israeli strikes.

Comment

Arafat, corrupt? I would have never guessed it.

Comment

The question as to who benefits from the chaos that is the intifadah is pretty easy to see. Wag the Dog Mr Arafat, and collect the checks.
                Boycott Venezuelas State owned Citgo.

Buy Royal Dutch Shell gasoline!

Comment

Working...
                X