Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iraqi corpses, body parts scattered after suicide bombing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iraqi corpses, body parts scattered after suicide bombing.

50 murder and more injured. The poll a few weeks ago in general had the majority supporting suicide bombers, no?

-edit-
    Checking back, the majority in the poll did not support suicide bombers, that is a good thing.

ISKANDARIYAH, Iraq - A car bomb exploded Tuesday morning at a police station south of Baghdad as dozens of would-be recruits lined up to apply for jobs, and a hospital official said at least 50 people were killed and 50 others woundedU.S. officials in Baghdad put the figure at 35 killed and 75 wounded but said the figure could be higher since Iraqi authorities were handling the investigation.

The local Iraqi police commander, Lt. Col. Abdul Rahim Saleh, said the attack was a suicide operation, carried out by a driver who detonated a red pickup as it passed by the station.

“I am sure it was a vehicle,” Saleh said. “We found its engine. It was a suicide operation and a cowardly act.”

He said most of the victims appeared to be Iraqi civilians.

The blast in this predominately Shiite Muslim town followed warnings from occupation officials that Iraqi insurgents would step up attacks against Iraqis who work with the U.S.-led coalition, especially in the runup to the planned June 30 transfer of sovereignty to a provisional Iraqi government.

Al-Qaida allegedly urged to foment civil war
    On Monday, U.S. officials said a letter seized last month from an al-Qaida courier asked the terrorist leadership to help foment civil war between Sunnis and Shiites to undermine the coalition and the future Iraqi leadership.

The purported author of the letter was Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, a Palestinian-Jordanian suspected of al-Qaida links. The author boasted of having organized 25 suicide attacks in Iraq.

U.S. paratroopers from the 82nd Airborne Division sealed off the area around the station and refused to allow journalists near the blast site about 30 miles south of Baghdad.

In Baghdad, Lt. Col. Dan Williams, a coalition spokesman, said no U.S. or other coalition forces were hurt.

Hospital director Razaq Jabbar said his facility had received 50 dead and 50 injured — all believed to be Iraqis. He said he had heard that three others died at another hospital.

“This figure might increase,” he said. “There were some body parts that haven’t been identified yet. Some more bodies may be trapped under the rubble.”

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4016883/

im guessing because suicide bombing is such a carpet term, used for describing any number of violent attacks, including some that i support, that this poll had higher people against. i think i went against too.

and im guessing people in favour pretty much know that its used at times for unjustifiable wanton crazy acts of violence, and only went the support route to oppose its cynical use as a means to political mileage by certain israeli quarters.
    Din-e-Mullah fee sabeelillah fasad (Allama Iqbal)

Comment

That's pretty sad .. I heard there was another one with similar number of casulties.
      I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
      - Robert McCloskey

Comment

The bombing mentioned above is #8, today was #9. In total over a hundred iraqi's standing in line trying to feed thier families. Where is the outrage?
        Boycott Venezuelas State owned Citgo.

Buy Royal Dutch Shell gasoline!

Comment

Originally posted by Ohioguy:
          Where is the outrage?
          The same place whenever any attrocities are committed by non-Americans. Nowhere.

Comment

You oppose things when you have an audience.

Bring me one person who justifies this in any way and see how everyone will launch into him.

Events that are incontrovertebly callous, animalistic acts of butchery dont generate much discussion, unless there is someone on the other side touting it as a blow for freedom.

see anyone doing that on these boards?

Comment

ravage:
              IMO, you can't express your support for a group and cheer them on without also supporting the atrocious, inhuman acts they perpetrate on a daily basis. Cheering and supporting them when they do something you think is good like killing a few American troops AND being silent when they blow up a bunch of innocent Iraqis is just plain wrong. They are not brave, nobel resistance fighters working for the best interests of the Iraqi people when they blow up Iraqis with the same pleasure and impunity as they kill American troops.

These are just plain bad people who are working solely for their own interests and their own interests include dragging the entire populace down into chaos and disorder.
              "I met the surgeon general - he offered me a cigarette. " --Rodney Dangerfield

Comment

They (the attackers) are now deliberately targetting those Iraqis who want to join police/army. This seems more against bringing back stability into the country, rather than attacking the occupying US military.

I am getting very skeptical about the motices of the attackers. As long as they are attacking Americans, I can see that they are against occupation... and have a reasonable basis for that. But when they attack other Iraqis, quite deliberately, that should raise the question, as to what is their motive? Do they not want Americans to leave? Wouldn't one think that as soon as Iraqi police and army is in place, then the US will be able to run away from Iraq relatively quickly. Why prolong the occupation?
                "Let your friends underestimate your virtues. Let your enemies overestimate your faults." - Godfather.

Comment

oh no Faisal you are not proposing a conspiracy theory, are you? Could US be behind these attacks to prolong its stay in Iraq? hmmmm.. never thought of it that way, but now that you brought it up, I will have to think about it. Well, no way they will not do that. Never, afterall they celeberate freedom and are their to help rebuild economy...err Iraq.
                  Weather forecast for tonight: dark.

Comment

A good Iraqi economy helps out the U.S. and they do like to look out for #1.

Comment

"I am getting very skeptical about the motices of the attackers."

Gosh really.

"Could US be behind these attacks to prolong its stay in Iraq?"

Oh yeah, we are really happy having our troops killed in a foreign land. If your theory is that the US wants to control Iraq, and pillage it's resources, why not have proxy troops do the bleeding? Ludicrous but predictable comment...
                      Boycott Venezuelas State owned Citgo.

Buy Royal Dutch Shell gasoline!

Comment

How many of the troops have dies? 600 and how many innocents have they killed? Its a samll price to pay to "pillage" a country if you ask me.

Comment

Just for the record, I didn't say that these attacks are carried out by Americans. I am just saying the attacks are now against Iraqi people, so there is a reasonable basis to say that those who are carrying out these attacks are not interested in making sure Iraq gets stable again.

Whether they are Saddam loyalists who fear that in the elections Shias will dominate, whether its Al-Qaeeda who wants to use it as an example of American incompetence or someone who wants to keep American military trapped in Iraq ... we don't know.

I don't think these attacks are helping Americans. If they want to get out, it is harder to say, we are getting out of Iraq even when the country is up in the flames. If they want to stay in Iraq, they are coming across as quite inept occupying force which can't maintain peace and stability.
                          "Let your friends underestimate your virtues. Let your enemies overestimate your faults." - Godfather.

Comment

^^ The devil is in details bhaijaan.

Comment

Originally posted by myvoice:
                              ravage:
                              IMO, you can't express your support for a group and cheer them on without also supporting the atrocious, inhuman acts they perpetrate on a daily basis. Cheering and supporting them when they do something you think is good like killing a few American troops AND being silent when they blow up a bunch of innocent Iraqis is just plain wrong.
                              I presume you opened many threads about the MANY civilians the invading army killed/destroyed lives of? Opening fire on wedding revellers, not once, not twice. Firing with live munition on a crowd of protestors? The fact that twice as many civilians were killed at the hands of US munitions than 911?

DONT give the BS answer that had Saddam been around more people would've been killed anyway. So fine. Had Iraq not been occupied right now, more iraqis had been killed anyway. So its okay that a bomb goes off in the midst of iraqis. Just as fine as cluster bombs.

They are not brave, nobel resistance fighters working for the best interests of the Iraqi people when they blow up Iraqis with the same pleasure and impunity as they kill American troops.
                              they dont have the propaganda machine their opposition has, else they'd come to be portrayed as noble warriors fighting to bring about freedom and liberation, bleeding with every innocent sacrifice they make rolling about the mud clutching their belly, ensuring that every bomb they explode is designed to kill as few iraqis as possible so long as they stay indoors when it happens. Or something.

you remember? you used to use the same logic right? "stay indoors, we dont want to hurt you". Im sure if the iraqi population stays indoors there would be far fewer casualties now too.

These are just plain bad people who are working solely for their own interests and their own interests include dragging the entire populace down into chaos and disorder.
                              I dont care to wager if they're bad or good. Im not sure. I do know that if they're working for their interests, American interests arent altruistic either, and in the way of serving these interests the american military does not hesitate from dragging a country into chaos and disorder.

Once again. I condemn this vulgar contempt for human life.

Comment

Working...
                              X