Pak-China defense relations make blance in SA: China

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pak-China defense relations make blance in SA: China

BEIJING, July 12 (PNS): China on Thursday said that good relationship with Pakistan and cooperation in the defense field has resulted in maintaining peace in South Asia and Military balance in the region.

Commander of China Peoples Liberation Army said that Pakistan and China enjoy very close relationships and present Military cooperation will further strengthen these relations. He said that this military cooperation has also resulted in balance of power in the region.

Praising the Professionalism and capabilities of Pakistani Army the Chinese Commander said that it is very important to further enhance Pak-China relations in order to keep balance of power in the region.

Meanwhile, China said it favoured early talks between India and Pakistan, including on the vexed Kashmir issue so as to de-escalate the tense situation in South Asia.

"We hope the two sides could resume dialogues at an early date and settle the differences including the issue of Indian held Kashmir through peaceful means,'' Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Liu Jianchao told reporters during a regular news briefing.

He noted that recently the India-Pakistan tension has been relaxed but the situation between the two sides is still dangerous. "If the two sides make further efforts to de-escalate the tension, we will support such efforts,'' Liu said.

Asked to comment on the efforts by the international community, especially the United States and Britain, he said China had supported these to relax tensions between India and Pakistan.

End.
    http://paknews.com/main.php?id=6&date1=2002-07-12
    ---
    LONG LIVE PAK-CHINA FRIENDSHIP!

[This message has been edited by usman_khalil (edited July 13, 2002).]

There's no comment on this article. Rules state you can't just paste articles, or Gupshup becomes just a news site.

Mods- you banned this kid, but he is trying to fool you by coming back with a different nick. It's only a matter of time b4 he starts his crap again!

Comment

Originally posted by RealDeal:
      There's no comment on this article. Rules state you can't just paste articles, or Gupshup becomes just a news site.

Mods- you banned this kid, but he is trying to fool you by coming back with a different nick. It's only a matter of time b4 he starts his crap again!
      What the hell are you talking about? What's your problem dude? If you got a problem with me, then dont comment on my threads althought its an open discussion.

Who are you to tell me the rules? You are not a mod so please, keep quiet.

Again, if you gotta problem with me, dont comment on my thread amd I can fully see that you wanna start more trouble, stop being a kid dude.

If I want it to fool the mods, wouldn't I have a different nick? Think about it and stop trying to start another flame-o-mania here, then you cry to mods I am the on starting with all this.

Also, I had this nick before my old nick(ukhalil11). It would help if you click on the "who" and see the date registered.

Usman Khalil

Comment

I will trust them the day they help us invade Indiahttp://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/wink.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Adnan Ahmed:
          I will trust them the day they help us invade Indiahttp://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/wink.gif
          We blew a golden chance in 1962, thanks to some people...

Comment

Originally posted by Spock:
            We blew a golden chance in 1962, thanks to some people...
            http://www.dawn.com/2001/02/06/nat2.htm

Comment

Damn... We should have been working with the Chinese... We might even have been able to go beyond KASHMIRhttp://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/wink.gif

Comment

I would say its been a one sided relationship so far. The real benefits of the Pak-China friendship surfaced in 1965 when Pakistan found itself at war with India, with its so called ally, the US, imposing sanctions. Scores of PIA flights (the only non-communist airliner operating there) flew over the Himalayas and brought in military aid to Pakistan. At the request of Ayub Khan to the Chinese prez, China even offerred naval assitance immeediately, and through the routes that Pakistan requested, and there was no official acknowledgement or thank you from the FO.

Comment

i heard pakistanis were waiting for "chinese
                  paratroopers in the skys" in bangaldesh.
                  remember you are expendable item for china
                  and others.

Comment

Originally posted by rvikz:
                    and others.
                    and vice versa http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/biggrin.gif

http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/hula.gifTAKE YOUR BEST SHOT AT MEhttp://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/hula.gif

Comment

Originally posted by rvikz:
                      and others.
                      Bachay, it was the Chinese that ended ur hopes of conquering Pakistan in '65...

Nehru Before:
                      We will beat the Chinese like I am going to hit my dhoti with this stick

Nehru After (the wh00pin from China):
                      The Chinese are our brothers we need not fight

Remember how he cried like a baby when he saw all those filled up body bags pouring in? Remember how the Chinese secretly came up with an entire road in a matter of a few days?

Serves you right...

[This message has been edited by Spock (edited July 14, 2002).]

Comment

Pakistan looking up to China as possible saviours is much like the oysters and the walrus. The only interest China has with Pakistan is as a conduit to certain US programs. And oh yes, they now have built many options and so the value of the conduits has come down.

As to India losing to China etc: it'd serve all wee to remember not to throw stones from a glass house. 2 words: Surrender document. Guess who signed it?

I am the last one who'd wish to insult but before things got outta hand wanted to point out realities.

Take China's help for developmental purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by ArjunMahavir:
                          Pakistan looking up to China as possible saviours is much like the oysters and the walrus. The only interest China has with Pakistan is as a conduit to certain US programs.........Take China's help for developmental purposes.
                          oh cmon dont go there same is the case with UK and USA interest in INDIA they are not "in love" with India they just want to use India to contain Chaina (not that India can http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/wink.gif but India is their best bet ).

Use UK and USA help in constructive way dont buy fighters from UK buy some food and homes for your poor people. Dont send troops to do exercises in USA, send some poor people for Medical treatment and last but not the least dont throw stones while living in glass home http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/smile.gif

Comment

actually you're quite wrong. US interest in India is because of the market size for goods and services first, and availability of cheap english speaking technology pool next.

UK has no interest in containing China. Their interest in India might be actually because of 1) they do whatever US does and 2) their cusine comes from India.

However I'd agree that India should buy developmental and capital goods instead of armament from abroad.

[This message has been edited by ArjunMahavir (edited July 14, 2002).]

Comment

Originally posted by ArjunMahavir:
                              actually you're quite wrong. US interest in India is because of the market size for goods and services first, and availability of cheap english speaking technology pool next.
                              Dream on dear China is FAR bigger market (and more cheaper service provider) for USA than INDIA if your argument is true (and only interest of usa is "markets") then USA should not be doing anything that will make china unhappy. (i m pointing towards joint exercise here in India and also one in USA)

Comment

Working...
                              X