Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pakistan to launch satellite this year ...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Pakistan to launch satellite this year ...

    This is good news. One step at a time.

    The investment by the current government in IT and Telecommunication sector should be praised.
    http://www.dawn.com/2002/03/31/nat1.htm


    #2
    Good News http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/ok.gif

    *Take Your Best Shot At Me*

    Comment


      #3
      Good news...

      Did you know that China recently setup its first international space tracking station somewhere in Pakistan... That just shows how much they trust us, even with their delicate space programme

      Comment


        #4
        Pakistan lately sent its Badar II in space from Baikanor Kazakhistan.


        the reason we have to send out first communication satellite this year because of we will loose allocated space and deadline by ITU. the delay was caused by Alcatel France they pulled out of the agreement, i dont know wether things are settled with them now. they were the suplier of equipment and sending it to space.


        ------------------
        End is Begining!
        پاکستان پاکستان

        Comment


          #5
          Who is making this sattelite?

          Comment


            #6
            must be SUPARCO
            http://www.suparco.gov.pk/sat_badr2.htm

            ------------------
            End is Begining!
            پاکستان پاکستان

            Comment


              #7
              Suparco's BADR-B is a LEO class sattelite. The new one they are launching is GEO and the minister says it is for production (not test).

              Pakistan must have asked some foreign agency to develop, launch and handover a sattelite for its broadcasting use.

              With 2 INSAT series sats, 1 Private sat and this Pakistani satellite South Asia will see an exponential growth is its media braodcasting this year. That is good news!

              Comment


                #8
                I know this is GEO Stitionary SAT and will be used for comms and broadcasting purposes. and it will not be a test.

                I knew about the previous deal between pak and Alcatel, but who is carrying out this project I am not realy sure and couldnt find info on net about it.



                ------------------
                End is Begining!
                پاکستان پاکستان

                Comment


                  #9
                  Good for Pakistan!!
                  Making indigenous satellites, tough though it is, is actually the easy part.
                  The tough one is making your own launch vehicles.
                  Ofcouse, the big countries won't help with that because it is a dual use technology.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Andhra:
                    ...Making indigenous satellites, tough though it is, is actually the easy part.
                    The tough one is making your own launch vehicles...

                    That is a good point. The article does not make clear the details about the launch vehicle. If anyone has any further info on this, then I would be grateful if they could post the information here.

                    However, it is great that after many years of neglect, the curent government is making funds available for the technology sector.

                    It would be very interesting to see what developments take place in the next five years. With Pakistan having the ability to build it's own MRBM's, the ability to launch its own sattelites should not be far behind.


                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by 2bornot2b:


                      With Pakistan having the ability to build it's own MRBM's, the ability to launch its own sattelites should not be far behind.

                      http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/ok.gif Well Said http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/ok.gif

                      *Take Your Best Shot At Me*

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by kumarakn:
                        Suparco's BADR-B is a LEO class sattelite. The new one they are launching is GEO and the minister says it is for production (not test).

                        Pakistan must have asked some foreign agency to develop, launch and handover a sattelite for its broadcasting use.

                        With 2 INSAT series sats, 1 Private sat and this Pakistani satellite South Asia will see an exponential growth is its media braodcasting this year. That is good news!

                        First of all, its a satellite, and not a 'sattelite' I sent you a PM so that you can correct this spelling mistake; or maybe they simply spell it that way in India...

                        This satellite was developed and manufactured in Pakistan... In case you didnt know, this is the sole reason why its getting so much attention...

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Good FIRST step. Let's hope it continues, and we catch up with the 'big boys'!

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Its about time we got something up there. I hope we can cooperate with China more in this field.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              I think the satellite is made in Pakistan, because they have been working on it for many years after the first satellite failed. BadrI, was launched and after 2 days we lost contact with that, and it moved away from its orbit, and deserted us. http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/frown.gif

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X