Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

War Scenarios

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2002Jan16.html

This lopsided analysis of prospective war scenario makes me laugh (lets not even get into the fact that the writer is an Indian). Do Indians actually think they can whither a nuclear strike and regroup to launch a counter strike to wipe out Pakistan?! I guess the whole premise for this analysis is that Pakistan will only drop one bomb, and given India's size, it will only destroy small portion of the region.

Contrary to what India "likes" to believe, after the nuclear strike, there won't an India just as well as there won't a Pakistan.

Originally posted by ghalib:

This lopsided analysis of prospective war scenario makes me laugh (lets not even get into the fact that the writer is an Indian). Do Indians actually think they can whither a nuclear strike and regroup to launch a counter strike to wipe out Pakistan?! I guess the whole premise for this analysis is that Pakistan will only drop one bomb, and given India's size, it will only destroy small portion of the region.

Contrary to what India "likes" to believe, after the nuclear strike, there won't an India just as well as there won't a Pakistan.

Why not if they can send tourist in space I guess they can do any thing http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/biggrin.gif

Comment

Originally posted by ghalib:

why it will not have second strike ability, unless pakistan knows and will destroy all nukes, including ones with navy. very unlikely. this means that pak plane will go to places as far of as, say chennai or like without hinderence and destroy indian nukes with 100% precision. that will need complete air superiority of pak, complete knowledge of nuke locations in india and perfect targetting. that is not likely.

Comment

Originally posted by ZZ:

why it will not have second strike ability, unless pakistan knows and will destroy all nukes, including ones with navy. very unlikely. this means that pak plane will go to places as far of as, say chennai or like without hinderence and destroy indian nukes with 100% precision. that will need complete air superiority of pak, complete knowledge of nuke locations in india and perfect targetting. that is not likely.

Yaar ZZ, now you really disappoint me. Do you really believe that when Pakistan retaliates (or strikes first), it will onle be with one or two nuclear bombs? This my friend will be an all out assualt. India and Pakistan will not need a chance to regroup or plan a second strike. It will be all over for both the coutries after the first strike.

Sweet dreams my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by 2bornot2b:

Yaar ZZ, now you really disappoint me. Do you really believe that when Pakistan retaliates (or strikes first), it will onle be with one or two nuclear bombs? This my friend will be an all out assualt. India and Pakistan will not need a chance to regroup or plan a second strike. It will be all over for both the coutries after the first strike.

Sweet dreams my friend.

why dont u calculate how much nukes will be required to turn entire india into radiation wasteland (bangladesh will suffer as byproduct, if ganges and brahmaputra get irradiated) how will u reach far off parts of india without hinderance? makes no sense. in fact, pak has no air superiority. missiles carry very little payload, longer the range, less is load and accuracy.

on the other hand baluchistan is 43% of Pak , if u ignore baluchistan, rest of pak is at most 40-45 minute flight from border. it will be collective suicide for pak. if pak wants to do it, ok.

the point is that pak cant hold the nuke threat any longer. indians are nonchalant about it. it would take a mad nation to commit collective suicide for sake of some small valley. but if pak wants to do it, let them.

Comment

ZZ my friend, I think you have answered your own question. Pakistan does not need to destroy every inch of India. All they have to do is destroy the infrastructure and areas that have potential for growth. That should be enough to put India in the dark ages. I am convinced; Pakistan has enough warheads to accomplish this.

Pakistan, I believe, is happy with the Indian’s nonchalant attitude.

Sweet dreams my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by ZZ:

why dont u calculate how much nukes will be required to turn entire india into radiation wasteland (bangladesh will suffer as byproduct, if ganges and brahmaputra get irradiated) how will u reach far off parts of india without hinderance? makes no sense. in fact, pak has no air superiority. missiles carry very little payload, longer the range, less is load and accuracy.

on the other hand baluchistan is 43% of Pak , if u ignore baluchistan, rest of pak is at most 40-45 minute flight from border. it will be collective suicide for pak. if pak wants to do it, ok.

the point is that pak cant hold the nuke threat any longer. indians are nonchalant about it. it would take a mad nation to commit collective suicide for sake of some small valley. but if pak wants to do it, let them.
              You really do believe that india can win a nuclear war, dont you?!

Comment

Originally posted by who---me:
                You really do believe that india can win a nuclear war, dont you?!
                what i say, means that pakistan cant continue nuclear blackmail forever and keep the proxy war. we will hit back and we have told that we wont be using nukes first. if u do, it is ur wish of suicide.

Comment

Originally posted by ZZ:
                  ....what i say, means that pakistan cant continue nuclear blackmail forever and keep the proxy war. we will hit back and we have told that we wont be using nukes first. if u do, it is ur wish of suicide...

Ok, lets just about conventional weapons then. Sure India does have a numerical advantage. However:
                  Pakistani missiles are accepted as being better and more accurate (Pakistan has plenty of these).
                  Pakistan will concentrate on strategic targets that will put India back at least 20 years.
                  Pakistan’s army, though smaller in number, is accepted as being better trained. If a few mujahidins can cause so much trouble in kargil, then think what the regular army can do. It will not be walk in the park for India.
                  Pakistan has enough anti tank and armored vehicle weapons to last a very long time, and take good care of Indian forces.
                  Remember, Pakistan manufactures the above mentioned weapons – no chance of shortage.

PAF has enough capable aircrafts to defend Pakistan. India may have the nemurical advantage and a few BVR capable aircraft but PAF is will neutralize these because most of PAF aircrafts are for defensive posture, and India will never use every single of its aircrafts for attacking Pakistan. Also, ask yourself, are all the 720 IAF aircrafts air worthy?
                  PAF will probably use about 30% (sufficient numbers) for attacking purpose.
                  PAF has enough high altitude anti-aircraft missiles to keep IAF worried.

I have not taken into account the help Indian Army will give to Pakistan by blowing themselves up, and the help the IAF will give by crashing their own aircrafts.

ZZ my friend, as you can see, even in a conventional war, India has a LOT to lose.

You need to ask yourself one question (maybe the hawks in the Indian govt. need to ask themselves this): ‘After the so-called economic gains that India has made over the last 10 years – Does it really want to put itself back 20 years’? There go your aspirations for being a global power

Sweet dreams my friend.

[This message has been edited by 2bornot2b (edited January 18, 2002).]

Comment

2bornot2b You are giving the standard Pakistani response. Make trouble until India gets a reay for war and talk about how much India has to loose in the vain hope it will blink and pull back.
                    If you take an honest look it is Pakistan i.e. doing the blinking.
                    Perveez http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/crying.gifhttp://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/crying.gif Mushraaf told in as many words that support for Terrorism has stopped.
                    Anyway don't worry about India losing the gains made over the past 10 years. We know what we got to lose or gain.
                    Always did. In 1948,65,71,99 and even nowhttp://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/biggrin.gifhttp://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/biggrin.gif

Comment

Andhra, thanks for the reply - most informative as usual.

Do you honestly believe that India would be stupid enough to attack?. If it could, it would have done it by now.

I am glad you recognise your losses of the past. Please note, Pakistan is even more stronger and capable of a causing a lot more damage than in the past.

In the famous words of Detective Callaghan - 'Do you feel Luck, well, do you?'

Comment

>>Do you honestly believe that India would be stupid enough to attack?.<<
                        Please read my post again.India has no claims on Pakistan. It will never be the first to attack.

>>If it could, it would have done it by now. <<
                        I think that is a childish attitude. Aftermath is more important than war. If India does get involved in War, I would say the objectives should be clear. Not just because 'It Could'.

Comment

Originally posted by Andhra:
                          [B...Aftermath is more important than war. If India does get involved in War, I would say the objectives should be clear. Not just because 'It Could'...[/B]
                          Interesting. So now you have a get out clause, and an excuse for not going to war after all the sabre rattling

Like someone said:

‘India is a howling black hole of darkness and oppression where human life means nothing. They are out to make trouble for Pakistan. However, Mushy has secured great things for Pakistan lately, and Pakistan is more secure from India's menacing than even before’.

Have a nice day.

Comment

chariya-pun from Andhra & 2bornot2b aside, this notion of nuclear blackmail isn't just limited to Pakistan so why are you making it sound as if its some dirty word in the world of politics. Diplomatic muscles are flexed by the virtue of blackmail. Countries who have the goods on the others exploit them to their potentials and if it can deliver, then I say its fair.

What country doesn;t get involve in blackmail? Starting from US, which pretty much blackmails everyone from lowly third world countries into doing its bidding (Pakistan, Phillipines etc. etc.) to Europeans (England, Germany.. remember the Banana tarrif war?!?). If you're whining about Pakistan blackmailing with its nukes, then India isn't some vestal virgin sitting behind with a chastity belt. Its intimidating Pakistan with its oversized army amassed at the border along with a strong diplomatic blackmail (India does enjoy a more prominent and respectable diplomatic muscle than Pakistan). So all's fair in love and war. I am not whining about India blackmailing of pakistan with its army (if I were India, I would prolly do the same) so I don't see why you're so uptight about Pakistan's blacmailing. If it can deliver, then its fair!!

Now about this notion of surviving the attack to counter attack: firstly, I don't think there will be a survival. Secondly, if there is a survival, say with the navy, then what good is a navy when it has no country (land) to come back to??!

Next Week's Topic: Post-Nuke War effect of Radiation on the next generation of desis (Note: I do mean Pakistanis and Indians)!!

Comment

During the next war, Sindh & Balochistan will immediatly call for independence and their liberation from Punajbi rulers. Any assistance from friendly countries like India will be appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                              X