Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(NMD) National Missile Defence and its implications for Pak.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(NMD) National Missile Defence and its implications for Pak.

I don't know if this is discusses before I am not a regular at this forum. I would like to know what you Guppies think of NMD.

Recently the US government announced its Nuclear Missile Defense initiative. This is the son of star wars initiated by Regan administration.

In light of this new defense strategy by US, what will be the effect(s) on Pakistan's defense and foreign policy?

A nuclear strike by the enemy will only give us less then 5 minutes to react. With the best technology available at least 15 minutes are required to take defensive measures. So from its characteristics it seems it is designed to protect US and US only. From a launch of a missile till the time of impact US will have 20 minutes to fireup its star war defences.

I believe it will fuel an arms race in the region. Russia is bankrupt and can hardly take any counter measures. China will go in for multiple war head delivery system which is of course immune to NMD. India supported by US will follow the arms race along with Pak. Its very unlikely given the capability of NMD India or Pak can benefit from it. India's support for NMD is purely for sucking up to US.

I believe in the end it will benefit Pak indirectly. How? US will pit India against China. China will arm Pak to the teeth to counter balance India this is already happening. As China grows in military strength and economy US will feel threaten and rely heavily on India to keep China engaged in a regional conflict. Pakistan must not repeat the mistake of 1962 and MUST cash in the chips when the time is right.

Star Wars is stupid.
    Plain and Simple.
    It will only cause more problems.
    Like you have stated above.

------------------
    Our's not to reason why,
    Our's but to do and die:
    You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

I believe in the end it will benefit Pak indirectly. How? US will pit India against China. China will arm Pak to the teeth to counter balance India this is already happening. As China grows in military strength and economy US will feel threaten and rely heavily on India to keep China engaged in a regional conflict. Pakistan must not repeat the mistake of 1962 and MUST cash in the chips when the time is right.

Abdali bhai, that is very simplistic thinking. When two stupid neighbours like India and Pakistan are heavliy armed with nuclear and non nuclear weapons the result is always "Mutual Assured Destruction"
      And USA and China etc. sub taamaasha dekhenge. We are both poor people trying to play rich man's game.

Comment

Originally posted by Tanhaa:

Abdali bhai, that is very simplistic thinking. When two stupid neighbours like India and Pakistan are heavliy armed with nuclear and non nuclear weapons the result is always "Mutual Assured Destruction"
        And USA and China etc. sub taamaasha dekhenge. We are both poor people trying to play rich man's game.

I agree BUT this time Pak should play smart. Let the Chinese arm us to the teeth and we should sit back and watch the show. Let US pit India against China which is already happening. So if China destroys India makes lot easier for Pak. I think we must look for opportunities and not repeat the mistake of 62.

Comment

Working...
        X