Surprise nuclear strike from Pakistan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surprise nuclear strike from Pakistan

CNN is having a poll on "Is India justified in thinking it could be subject to a surprise nuclear strike from Pakistan?".

The funny thing is not that 55% ppl have voted "yes" and 45% voted "no". The amusing thing is that despite showing their (so-called) military might in Poorna Vijay (whatever) Indians are still afraid of Pakistan.

Bhala batao.. if its the nuclear arsenal which will determine any future Indo-Pak war, then what did India prove with wasting so many empty kartoos in the Pokhran desert. Fittay mooon! http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/smile.gif

Now that both countries have enuf nuclear arsenal to ward off eachother, wouldn't it be better if both of them now divert their resources to poverty-elevation, education and health of their masses?

Peacemaker...What piece of statistics in the poll suggested to you that Indians are afraid of Pakistan ? Don't expose your stupidity here.
    If my neighbor is a psychopath or a maniac, it means that I should be constantly vigilant but that does not make the neighbor more powerful.
    Pakistan today is a nation being pulled in different directions - there are the Mullahs who look forward to total Talibanisation of the country, there is an "illegitimate" government that doesn't know that there is a world beyond kashmir and then there is the silent majority of people who don't know what dosage of "Islam" is right for them.
    And to top this all there is a debt-ridden economy that has only enough to buy AK-47s for cross-border terrorism.
    For India, all this translates into a "don't know what to expect" scenario .So India is right in preparing for the worst.
    And also as I have said elsewhere, in case of a nuclear war, it will be Pakistan and not India which will be "totally" erased from the World Map.

Got it !! Now go and roll out the red carpet for Rongji Boss...he might throw a few dollars in your begging bowl.....(I heard Musharaff is practising crawling ,ahead of his visit!!)

Comment

I agree with Peacemaker when he said, we should direct out resources towards eliminating poverty etc.

Chilli I dont know about you. You are clueless.

Comment

chilli...

When you are sobre and have a clear head ... try to read the last paragraph. Or do u babble all the time?

If 55% ppl voted that yes, they expect a surprise nuclear attack, I am sure they are not thrilled by the prospect. This is called paranoia or fear.

Jao, apni (unnecessary) bahaduri kissi aur ko dikhao, we had seen enough of it in 1962, 1965 and in Kargil.

Comment

Originally posted by chilli:
          And also as I have said elsewhere, in case of a nuclear war, it will be Pakistan and not India which will be "totally" erased from the World Map.
          And as I said to you at that time, try to post here when you are not actually sleep-walking ... this is the stuff dreams are made of http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/smile.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Peacemaker:
            chilli...

When you are sobre and have a clear head ... try to read the last paragraph. Or do u babble all the time?

If 55% ppl voted that yes, they expect a surprise nuclear attack, I am sure they are not thrilled by the prospect. This is called paranoia or fear.

[i]
            Nuclear in Paki hands is like a gun in the hand of a monkey...it will kill itself and kill whoever comes within the range...it is smart to be prepared.

Meanwhile u can have fun and feel good by thinking we are scared of u...btw, u just got your butt kicked in Kargil and your economy is in tail spin.

Comment

Originally posted by Peacemaker:
              And as I said to you at that time, try to post here when you are not actually sleep-walking ... this is the stuff dreams are made of http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/smile.gif
              I bet u would know a lot about dreams..

Comment

Originally posted by chilli:
                If my neighbor is a psychopath or a maniac, it means that I should be constantly vigilant but that does not make the neighbor more powerful.

Psycopath is a country that uses its army to kill civilians in the name of insurgency control...and then blames it on the ISI. It is your inner fear more than anything else that prompts india to over prepare for everything, yet still be underprepared.

Pakistan today is a nation being pulled in different directions - there are the Mullahs who look forward to total Talibanisation of the country, there is an "illegitimate" government that doesn't know that there is a world beyond kashmir and then there is the silent majority of people who don't know what dosage of "Islam" is right for them.

And you know all this while sitting miles and miles away.
                The current govt of Pakistan has a bigger mandate in its favor than any previous 'democratic' governments. The people have embraced it. The courts have embraced it. Other countries have embraced it. We have foreign dignitaries visiting Pakistan regularly. What does that tell you? The world has accepted the govt since the people of Pakistan have accepted it. Now you can think it to be whatever you want.

And to top this all there is a debt-ridden economy that has only enough to buy AK-47s for cross-border terrorism.

Doesnt that fit perfectly with India? Indias masses starve, yet they somehow manage to come up with the money to send up rockets in space. And while the masses starve, they have enough money to arm the 'cross border terrorists' that go by the name on indian army, creating terror amongst the people of kashmir, killing them randomly, beating up journalists and raping and massacring women and children. Thats what cross border terrorism is.

Keep singing that mantra. Someone said elsewhere that in a conventional war, India would annihilate Pakistan. And before that dream could ever come true, india went about making a-bombs. Now we are hearing the same old dilapidated song with the a-bomb in hand. Good luck and God speed. Dont forget to get ur training from israel in how to load the fuel.

Comment

Originally posted by Rani:
                  btw, u just got your butt kicked in Kargil and your economy is in tail spin.
                  A significant portion of Kargil still is under the exclusive control of the mujahideen. And as for butts being kicked, I would suggest you read some truthful accounts of the kargil war and see how many indians died, and how the dead were rolled down mountains owing to the large number of corpses and general lack of respect for their dead.
                  As for the economy, what does an economy define to you? And based on that definition, how would you define Indias economy? Is the common man in india happy? well fed? housed? all of the above? none of the above?
                  Think before u speak.

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Akif:
                    A significant portion of Kargil still is under the exclusive control of the mujahideen. And as for butts being kicked, I would suggest you read some truthful accounts of the kargil war and see how many indians died, and how the dead were rolled down mountains owing to the large number of corpses and general lack of respect for their dead.

No..most of the Kargil is free as for the respect for dead, Pakistan didn't even claim their's they had to buried by Indian army.

As for the economy, what does an economy define to you? And based on that definition, how would you define Indias economy? Is the common man in india happy? well fed? housed? all of the above? none of the above?
                    Think before u speak.

Lot happier than they were 10 years ago..we are surely moving forward there is lot of optimism. Kashmir is dragging Pakistan down and foreign investment has dried up.

[This message has been edited by Rani (edited May 11, 2001).]

Comment

If you want to talk about Kargil, lets open a new thread, and I will tell you all about Kargil... not from ISPR press releases and not from Indian MOD briefings... the real story, by the people who fought it and the people of the nearby areas who witnessed it all (the sort of people Rani is so impressed with).

Suffice is to say, it is not a pretty story for Indians. It was a blunder after a blunder for Indian army from the moment they lost those peaks, to the time when mujahideen were shooting indian armymen at will from the top of the mountains. It will tell you how mujahideen used to drop food to Indian armymen so that they can eat before they are killed next day, and how thousands upon thousands of Indian armymen were sent to die by their high-command. It will tell you how few people at the right strategic position on top kept thousands of fully armed indian forces at bay for so long, and how ill-equipped Indian army was for the sort of conflict that Kargil was.

Don't talk about Kargil, Indians. If you wanna stay happy in your cocoon of Indian MOD briefings, don't talk about Kargil. You still haven't gotten it, buddies... ask your government. They might tell you if they have the guts! http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/smile.gif

Comment

Hindian comrads, liege

How many time do I need to tell you people that it is India that is an unnatural creation and it has to be separated into parts. If separation can't be achieved easily due to forcible union, then it would be essential to eliminate this collection of different nations..

FACT::Most hindians are suffering from a disease called "PAK PHOBIA". this disease is found only in india. (All other neighbors are normal) The most affected place is Lok Saba, New Dehli.
                        ::Another similar disease is called "sino-phobia", and that also causes some abnormal behavior among Bhartees::
                        Courtesy of Encyclopedia of Hindia

------------------
                        -May God bless the Land of Pure- PAKISTAN
                        There are only two forces in the world, the sword and the spirit. In the end the sword will always be conquered by the spirit. --Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rani:
                          No..most of the Kargil is free

who are you kidding

as for the respect for dead, Pakistan didn't even claim their's they had to buried by Indian army.

kashmiri locals dressed up as Pak army jawans dont become pak army jawans. Indian army has a knack of making even a brazilian shout out that hes from the ISI.

Comment

Originally posted by PureLand:
                            Hindian comrads, liege

How many time do I need to tell you people that it is India that is an unnatural creation and it has to be separated into parts. If separation can't be achieved easily due to forcible union, then it would be essential to eliminate this collection of different nations..

FACT::Most hindians are suffering from a disease called "PAK PHOBIA". this disease is found only in india. (All other neighbors are normal) The most affected place is Lok Saba, New Dehli.
                            ::Another similar disease is called "sino-phobia", and that also causes some abnormal behavior among Bhartees::
                            Courtesy of Encyclopedia of Hindia

Speaking of unnatural creations Pukeland, you might want to include Pakistan. A state created based on religion is an oxymoron because nationalism is anti-islam, correct. Unless we have a khalifate but that will never happen because of sectarianism in Islam. So what is the reason for the creation of pakistan. If it's religion, then there are more muslims in INdia and indonesia than in pakistan. I think it might be time to vacate the premises and have the shia's move to Iran and Sunnis move to Indonesia. Or you guys can just come to India and speed up the process that is already underway.http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/smile.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Infoman:
                              Speaking of unnatural creations Pukeland, you might want to include Pakistan. A state created based on religion is an oxymoron because nationalism is anti-islam, correct. Unless we have a khalifate but that will never happen because of sectarianism in Islam. So what is the reason for the creation of pakistan. If it's religion, then there are more muslims in INdia and indonesia than in pakistan.

I think it might be time to vacate the premises and have the shia's move to Iran and Sunnis move to Indonesia. Or you guys can just come to India and speed up the process that is already underway.http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/smile.gif
                              nationalism is haraam if given priority over Islam. We are Muslims first and than Pakistanis. Creating a country to give protection to Muslims is fully supported by Islam.
                              So what if india has more muslims? look at the proportion compare to hindus. (the oppression against muslims is not something hidden. How Kashmir is suffering from cruel exercise of power by hinduian Army is another "mathey ka kalank" for Hindu-stan. Other minorities like sikhs and Chiristians are also living under fear. There are many freedom movements going on in india while none in Pakistan. despite their differences Pakistanis are agree that the Country should be united at all cost. That's make Pakistan absolutely natural creation.
                              I won't comment on the second part of your post as it makes no sense and sounds more like a children story than a mature thought http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/tongue.gif
                              [b]FACT::At the time of Pakistan's creation, one of the biggest migration in the history of mankind took place when Indian muslims become Pakistani to form the largest muslim country

------------------
                              -May God bless the Land of Pure- PAKISTAN
                              There are only two forces in the world, the sword and the spirit. In the end the sword will always be conquered by the spirit. --Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

Working...
                              X