Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

War is not the solution. It is the problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

War is not the solution. It is the problem.

It is the need of time that we deconstruct the myths surrounding the motivations for war, which have fed the fodder machine of death between the warring tribes, nations and states over a course of centuries.

Societies deliberately inculcate violent behaviors by constructing notions of 'bravery' and 'heroism' around certain personalities, which are then used to breed cycles of violence for economic or territorial gains through legal, religious or civilization justifications.

The pro-establishment historians have always justified wars, glorified the invaders and conquerors and regrettably the societies have accepted these notions. War, in whatever form, had no morality throughout history as it involved spilling of human blood and use of violence.

War led to dehumanization of humanity and had to be condemned in all its manifestations.
    The beginning of wisdom is found in doubting; by doubting we come to the question, and by seeking we may come upon the truth.

Re: War is not the solution. It is the problem.

I agree.

The problem is that wars r fought in the name of defense. Look at Iraq war.
    Compulsory course for fundos: Gitmo Diversity training

Comment

Very good topic for discussion here Sky Hawk, and welcome to the forum.

Its true wars have always been motivated by something strong enough to make men leave their lives of comfort in their homes and fight knowing well that they might fall any day...it's been religion, territory, thirst for power, wealth and often just the fetish for brutality and war booty...Today if we think about it all, watching war movies like Band of Brothers or Alexander, Troy, Braveheart etc...based on actual events and real life warriors from the past it's often hard to conceive the fcat that these men believed so much in something that the actually went out to kill and get killed...for freedom, for honour, dignity, for a woman...for ruling over the world...? And heroes and icons have been mascots, blood warmers for the new breeds to be inspired from...whether the retiring warriors coined the concept of heroism to fill up their emptying ranks or whether it's human nature to look upto anyone having accomplished a tough task can be another matter for discussion...Lostsoul's right, ironically every side in the war claims to be on a defensive, even the attackers. it's been like that throughout history.
      it's really a thought provoking discussion, should the world redefine the concept of heroism, bravery etc? does it really mean anyhting? is the quest for greatness that drives ppl and makes heroes inbuilt in human nature or was it a tool used for exploitation...?

(The topic has more to do with military history and diplomatic doctrines evolving from military decisions so i'll move it to the military section.)

Comment

agar countries ke beech bhi miyan-biwi ke tarah war ho to achcha hai .like morning evening belan se pitai.raat ko luv shuv phir ek hi bed main.

then i think war is not a problem between countries
        Shaam ke Surmay Andheron Mein Yoon Mere Dil ke Daag Jalate Hain.
        Jaise Parwat ke Sabz Pedon Par Barf ke Baad Dhoop Padati Hai.
        Door Rah Kar Bhi jo Dil Ke Pass Rahata Hai,Use Sitamgar Gair Kahata Hai.

Comment

I think the humankind tends to get bored after a period of relative calm. However, civilized we become, wars will still take place, as a war is an ultimate game for the people in power.

Comment

War means different things to different people. To the Native Americans war meant death and destruction of their homeland, to America it means a slap in the face to their supreme power. I wish I knew more about history but what I do know is that Wars have been fought since the beginning of time and they will always continue to occur . We just need to start forging more positive ties with people of different Nations, religions and Nationalities so that our countries start to cherish each other rather than fear each other.
            I am trying to be understanding and patient.... Please God help me to be so

Comment

Working...
            X