Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

China and Pakistan sign F-22P frigate construction deal

[thumb=H]f22p_frigate0_8253177.JPG[/thumb]

Pakistan and China on Monday signed contracts for the construction of F-22P frigate ships for Pakistan Navy, officials said.

The signing ceremony was held at Ministry of Defense Production, a Defense Ministry spokesman said..

"Both sides signed four contracts for the construction of state-of- the-art F-22P frigates with all related equipment/systems with special element of transfer of technology (ToT)," the official said.

"These ships, after construction, will be inducted into Pakistan Navy which would not only enhance the operational capabilities of Pakistan Navy, but will also help to make impregnable the seaward defense of Pakistan," he added.

According to defense sources, the F-22P frigates will be equipped with helicopters specially designed for anti-submarine warfare, surface to surface and surface to air missiles along with numerous associated self-defense systems.

China is Pakistan's neighbor in the northern Himalayan region and one of Islamabad's staunchest allies. China and Pakistan's ties date back several decades, and are deep-rooted. Both the countries are regularly involved in a number of joint defense projects, such as the JF-17 (Joint Fighter 17) aircraft.

Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao is scheduled to arrive Tuesday to attend a conference on promoting economic cooperation in Asia and to meet on the sideline with Pakistani leaders.

Wen will hold talks with the President Pervez Musharraf and his Pakistani counterpart, Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz during the three-day visit, Foreign Ministry Spokesman Jalil Abbas Jilani told a news conference on Monday.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`° ¤ø,¸°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ ºÂ°`°º¤ø,¸,¸¸,ø¤º °`°º¤ø,¸,¸¸,ø¤º° ºÂ¤Ã¸

A Faith that cannot survive collision with the truth is not worth many regrets.

Re: China and Pakistan sign F-22P frigate construction deal

I don't know why Pakistan is wasting it's money on frigates. Indian navy will blow them up even before they leave Pakistani ports
    " Judges give justice, not interviews" - Rana Bhagwandas, 21 March 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by Aalsi
      I don't know why Pakistan is wasting it's money on frigates. Indian navy will blow them up even before they leave Pakistani ports

I can see some jealousy here,...
      °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`° ¤ø,¸°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ ºÂ°`°º¤ø,¸,¸¸,ø¤º °`°º¤ø,¸,¸¸,ø¤º° ºÂ¤Ã¸

A Faith that cannot survive collision with the truth is not worth many regrets.

Comment

If there ever is a war....that is. Dont be so confident about Indian Navy...those old russian crap aint gonna last long.
        Weather forecast for tonight: dark.

Comment

i hope the war never happens...but if it does then we will see....
          BTW too much jealosy cannot be happy when pakistan gets something
          Oh, everything's too damned expensive these days. This Bible cost 15 bucks! And talk about a preachy book! Everybody's a sinner! Except this guy.

Comment

^ I guess Pakistanis should be grateful for small mercies
            " Judges give justice, not interviews" - Rana Bhagwandas, 21 March 2007.

Comment

^ I guess Pakistanis should be grateful for small mercies
              toooooo much jealosy.... [email protected] navy...its not even close to pakistani navy..
              Patta patta boota boota haal hamaara jaane hai
              Jaane na jaane gul he na jaane, baagh to saara jaane hai

Comment

Yeah, with a RayGun, the same used in MahaBharat....
                "Mai baap Amreeka has decided to breakup Pakistan, MQM will support Amreeka and I will not stop killing pukhtoons" - Pir Altaf Bhaggorra of Landan...

Comment

Working...
                X