Moving back to Pakistan & business advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving back to Pakistan & business advice needed

As on this Forum Pakistan community consists of large number of overseas Pakistanis, who love there country so much and want to come back to their motherland and want to settle down in Pakistan.

So everybody wants to know that what kind of business one can start. I hope their can be wide range of business setups, one can start.

Please give your opinions about different kind of business setups in Pakistan keeping in mind the following budgets. Also let us know how much one can earn from that kind of business, what is the possible growth rate.

There can be different kind of investments one can be interested in.

1- upto 10 Lakh Pakistani Rupees (most people are interested in this category - small business)
    2- 10 to 20 Lakh Pakistani Rupees

Please give positive suggestions.

Help each other by giving positive suggestions. Specially if you own a business or have good idea about that business, you can guide very well about that field.

My Idea is to open a small fastfood restaurant in Lahore/Gujranwala, please suggest regarding the foood, suggestions and advices...etc and trends.

Your proper guide to other Pakistanis based on your experience will be your contribution in the development of Pakistan.

I am British PAKISTANI moving back to PAkistan for 15 months OR even you can advice me if there is any thing i can do in the UK which i am sure i can even handle from Pakistan..

Many thanks

Alia

Re: Moving back to Pakistan & business advice needed

Firstly Lahore is a best place for business and earning...

Fast food restaurant or Hotel is a best idea in Lahore... this is a 100% outcome business

or you can open a boutique/garments place in Lahore...

Jewelry have a good scope too.. Cosmetics or a big general store is also profitable in lahore...

In my personal opinion... before opening any type of business One should get an experience or HE/SHE will waste the money doesnt matter how much is it...I am sorry to inform you that you will only find frauds here...you should know how to handle them very well.. warna log aapko baich ke khaa jayeinge...

I dont want to create a hopeless environment but Truly it is how it goes in here... SO you should be CAREFUL on each step... Best of luck...

Comment

moving to appropriate forum

Comment

well if u dnt have any working experience n u didnt worked in Pakistan b4 , then u r a totally FAIL !

Pakistan is a totally different country from UK for investment .

Fast food or some new type of food has a big margin specially in Lahore

Other than that , any production field is also remarkable n has good scope
        My Attitude :
        If you want to say bad things about me behind my back,
        Come in front of me, I'll tell you more 3:)

Comment

I really wanted to agree with the opinion of people who said its going to be a total fail but I cannot. Your idea is good however, its not because you are planning to open it in Pakistan which is going to determine if its going to be a success or a failure. Its the way you approach the project. I am currently managing two ventures. One is quite successful and profitable. Other hasn't been a success at all and lets not even talk about the profitability in that.

The difference between the two: One was started with proper research, a business plan and a marketing plan with the idea of getting the proper resource (HR) and other was started at random.

I'll focus more on the successful model.

1- Make a proper business plan. Go all text book. Pickup a template if you find any (Check SMEDA's website - they have a lot of pre-feasibility reports on different industries/ventures etc) and start filling it with your information. Assuming you don't need a business plan is totally wrong.
          2- Do industry analysis - portor's five forces model may be? Put that on paper as well.
          3- Financial analysis and projections - Keep them realistic. Set a target to break even.

And then don't just stick to it when you start. You WILL HAVE TO make changes as you go along. You'll learn by only getting into it that though you had done your homework, reality is a bit (or a lot in some cases) different from what you thought.

If you have specific questions you need help with you can post here.
          The Way of those on whom You have bestowed Your Grace, not of those who earned Your Anger, nor of those who went astray. (Al-Fatihah)

Comment

Originally posted by Eastern Dresses View Post
            I really wanted to agree with the opinion of people who said its going to be a total fail but I cannot. Your idea is good however, its not because you are planning to open it in Pakistan which is going to determine if its going to be a success or a failure. Its the way you approach the project. I am currently managing two ventures. One is quite successful and profitable. Other hasn't been a success at all and lets not even talk about the profitability in that.

The difference between the two: One was started with proper research, a business plan and a marketing plan with the idea of getting the proper resource (HR) and other was started at random.

I'll focus more on the successful model.

1- Make a proper business plan. Go all text book. Pickup a template if you find any (Check SMEDA's website - they have a lot of pre-feasibility reports on different industries/ventures etc) and start filling it with your information. Assuming you don't need a business plan is totally wrong.
            2- Do industry analysis - portor's five forces model may be? Put that on paper as well.
            3- Financial analysis and projections - Keep them realistic. Set a target to break even.

And then don't just stick to it when you start. You WILL HAVE TO make changes as you go along. You'll learn by only getting into it that though you had done your homework, reality is a bit (or a lot in some cases) different from what you thought.

If you have specific questions you need help with you can post here.
            Hi eastern dress,

Yes, i have done my research and off course i have idea and experience how Pakistani business works... I am not going to loose my money just as is it... anyway thanks for your advice..

I really wanted to know the type of food people like most ... other them typical ( Teeka, kebabs, and some traditional)... I have plan to target the middle class customers...

Secondly being working in the UK i have contacts who provides Designer undergarments for women... and i can get on affordable prices which could be sell off in the Pakistan on reasonable price.. but that what i wanted to start online, hence i need more so advertising/ marketing etc..

Can you advice anything of this if that is going to work....

Thanks

Comment

I'll respond to both your questions separately.

Originally posted by softmind82 View Post
              Hi eastern dresses,

Yes, i have done my research and off course i have idea and experience how Pakistani business works... I am not going to loose my money just as is it... anyway thanks for your advice..

I really wanted to know the type of food people like most ... other them typical ( Teeka, kebabs, and some traditional)... I have plan to target the middle class customers...

Thanks
              Ok, I really don't have much knowledge about food industry but as a customer I'd say that I'd like fast food, cuisines or Bakery & Confectionery. Either way, you need to have a nice outlet at an accessible place. Though you will hear a lot of people say they want something affordable, that's not generally the case with food, not in Pakistan anyway. People go out to eat as a source of entertainment and they do spend money. So whatever price you set, justify it with quality and you'll establish your target market that way.

I have sent you a link for SMEDA website to download pre-feasibility reports for Fast Food and Bakery & Confectionery setups. You'll need to create an account to download them, though they are free. They are not very accurate at times so you might need to revise that based on your own analysis.

Originally posted by softmind82 View Post

Secondly being working in the UK i have contacts who provides Designer undergarments for women... and i can get on affordable prices which could be sell off in the Pakistan on reasonable price.. but that what i wanted to start online, hence i need more so advertising/ marketing etc..

Can you advice anything of this if that is going to work....

Thanks
              For online, you can start with facebook and may be get a blog setup. Initially you'll have to use FB ads to market so that is where you'll be spending your marketing budget on. If you are planning to get stock from UK then its much easier for you to setup an account with any of the COD companies. This is something I have some experience with, since I am running an ecommerce business already. (the one i said isn't too successful )

I don't have any definite answer if people will purchase your products online or not. I know that its much convenient for me to shop online rather than at store but that's not the case with many. Yet your product, if exclusive, might get good response from online customers.

Best of luck and again, if you have any specific questions, you can drop a message here or inbox.

Eastern Dresses
              The Way of those on whom You have bestowed Your Grace, not of those who earned Your Anger, nor of those who went astray. (Al-Fatihah)

Comment

Food is doing really good right now.
                My ancestors come from a place where every superpower one can imagine has come and gone wishing they never made the mistaking of coming.

Comment

yeah food or clothing business always works! wish u all the best!
                  We stopped checking for Monsters under our beds..When we realised they are Inside Us!

Comment

You have any working experience in Pakistan or not, if not then u r fail to work in Pakistan. Because for investment Pakistan is totally different to United Kingdom. I suggest you fast food or some new type of food has a big margin, other than any production field is also remarkable and has good scope, anyhow you will get more information about it.http://www.businessideas.pk/

Comment

Pakistan is still developing company and making progress in every field day by day. Having a Business in Pakistan is also one of the successful strategy because there are several The Most Profitable Business in Pakistan which are not even growing rapidly but their share values and goodwill also talk to sky. If you are thinking to start a business in Pakistan then let me tell you about Top and Successful business in Pakistan which you can even start having low finance.

Comment

Would love to hear an update from the OP to know what they ended up doing.
                        Haii waan fraanshaap?

Comment

Working...
                        X