HE best practices - related to disclosure of salary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HE best practices - related to disclosure of salary

Whats the best practices related to disclosing expected salary for a prospective job that is being advertised?I see very few who give a range of expected salary in the job ad...further, during the interview, they keep asking you questions about your current salary and benefits.....but they don't disclose what they are offering till the last moment.........I personally think it is kind of retarded...that you keep continuing the process keeping the job candidate in the dark till the last moment....and make an offer at the end...after having spent a lot of time.......... why don't they disclose it during the interview process so that if its not acceptable........time is not wasted of both parties.......So what have you people observed.....and what is considered the best practice?
    Insulting and inflammatory signatures are not allowed, but posts are

Re: HE best practices - related to disclosure of salary

Somebody change the title.....its "HR" not "HE"
    Insulting and inflammatory signatures are not allowed, but posts are

Comment

My answer is

At my current job, I make this much (I don't lie about my salary). At my new job, I expect at least a similar number with in plus minus 5 percent. I further add that I don't only look at the salary figure but the whole package including benefits, relocation or signup bonus and growth opportunities within the company.

After that, the ball is in their court. At the end, even if they offer higher salary, I always throw in a counter offer that is at least five percent higher than what they offered.

In last five month, I got five offers, and in every case, they increased the number based on my counter offer
      People are afraid of what they don't understand

Comment

Working...
      X