If you could

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you could

go back in time and knowing what you know now, would you change your career/professional life at all? Would you change a university or choose a different professor or follow a different profession etc. What are the most important changes you would make and why?

I would most probably go for law or something that directly deal with people.

------------------
    Every dark cloud has a silver lining, But lightning kills hundreds of people each year who are trying to find it.

Comment

I'd go to some better undergrad uni., a uni outside Pakistan. Makes a LOT of difference. And probably, change my major to Management or to Liberal Arts. Not that I dont like Computer Engg. but Management would entail meeting people (instead of staring at the compuetr all day long) and Arts'd be more me.
      I'm cold seed, I'm your sweetest leaf
      I'll ease your mind, I'll set you free

Comment

man, that's a touchy subject. I could go back and start over in so many fields.

now, I'm depressed. thanks, hmcq!

Comment

hmcq

there are many things I could have done better. Would I go back and change those.. I dont know. If I make those changes would I get to become the person I am now?

At one point in time I felt I was not quite on the correct course..naturally, I sat there wishing I could go back and change some decisions, actions etc.

But then I became more realistic..Even if you want to go and change the past or undo some decisions..can you do it? Not really...can you however steer your course so it starts heading towards the course that tou want to be on...of course. its not easy to do that..but entirely possible.

If I could, I dont know if i would change anything, because the set of experiences I had along the path help in making me who I am, and a diff set of experiences may mean that i would wind up being someone else.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Yeah, If I was to do something different, I would have gone into entrepreneurship. No pain...no gain. Nome sayn!

Comment

I would have completed masters in business ...takes 5-7 years of time duration in AT (International Business, Marketing,Analysis .....something following this direction). IT is lame and boring and I hate sitting in front of the computer all the time. YES YES YES! I need a change and I am gonna do it someday.

Comment

Excuse moi for saying this, IT is not boring, but the pain on the back is killing for not sitting in a up right position on your seat....*ah where are my pain killer pills* Need to see my doc again.

Comment

saadia based on your background it should nto be too tough for u to move into business side.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

ask me again in 5 or 6 years then I would be able to answer

Comment

I dont believe I would want to change anything. Although I am not working in my degree field, I have learned a lot and I feel I am well rounded due to the overload in courses I took at uni, having been undecided for over a year.

I have now chosen to do business, and I am very happy with my choice. Had I decided to do this earlier, I might have suffered from burnout by now. Same can be said if I chose something else earlier on.

Before I used to feel that I should have done something more practical, but like my friend always says, no point in saying shoulda woulda coulda. *smile*
                      "O man! What has seduced thee from thy Lord Most Beneficent?" - Quran 82:6

Sponsor and choose an orphan at alyateem dot com

Comment

Hazaron Khuahishain aisi kai har khuahish pay dum niklay
                        Buhat niklain meray armaan laikin phir bhee kum niklain

Doesnt actually answer your question but I think it would have sort of made my point.

Starting on this would be like opening Pandoras box (or whatever its called).

But being optimistic I should say that Allah ka lakh lakh shukar hai kai all has been good (definatly more then what I deserved).

Comment

Re: If you could

Originally posted by hmcq:
                          go back in time and knowing what you know now, would you change your career/professional life at all? Would you change a university or choose a different professor or follow a different profession etc. What are the most important changes you would make and why?
                          Hmmm.....

Well, till my O'levels, nothing.

I HATED the school I did my A levels from but maybe if it wasn't for that school I wouldn't have gotten certain opportunities.

College, I'm an international student and I get homesick but apart from that I LOVE my college to BITS.

Comment

Working...
                          X