No announcement yet.

Foreign Dentist (Toronto)

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Foreign Dentist (Toronto)

    Hi guys ... any International Dentists out there ... any information about Dental Program at U of T or UWO ... any advice for the "Qualifying Program" ...

    many thanx for ur help ...

    not a dentist... but I believe that for the Qualifying Program, you need to take the examination administered by the Association of Canadian Faculties of Dentistry (ACFD)
    and also hold a four-year degree from an institution that isn't accredited with the Canadian Dental Association (CDA).

    If you do wanna go for the eligibility exam, I believe the last exam for this year is sometime in September... so better be quick.

    Once you do graduate from the qualifying program, you can go for your National Dental Examining Board of Canada (NDEB) exams which will certify you to practice as a dentist in any Canadian province.

    With respect to U of T, the Qualifying Program admission reqs. are not that stringent except the english facility reqs (e.g. TOEFL) but there are very few applicants who get selected.

    You may also wanna call up Kaplan 1-800-KAP-TEST who until a few years ago (when I worked there) had a crash-program to help you prepare for the NDEB exams.

    Hope that helps.

    [This message has been edited by Umar Talib (edited August 11, 2002).]
    For reason, ruling alone, is a force confining - and passion, unattended, is a flame that burns to its own destruction - Khalil Gibran