Looking for a Job?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a Job?

How many of you guys are looking, how many of your friends are looking.

How many of you guys know of openings in your company or ina friend's company?

we should really use this as a place to be able to help others, and to get help when we need it.

Look around you, with the tough marketplace there may be people who need contacts or direction.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

what happened to the idea hmcq came up with? Don't tell me Pak org only provides lip service :-p
    I'm not aware of the project(s) you guys are working on but I would hate to see Pak org restricted to gupshup.

How many of you guys know of openings in your company or ina friend's company?

I do know of a couple of openings and if I do see member profiles/ resumes... I'll contact the suitable candidate via PM or email. Like hmcq said no one wants to throw their contacts on a public forum....but if I'm not wrong he believes that people might be willing to share/network in a restrictive-membership environment (which I disagree) but I'm open to both ideas.

Comment

Well, I am free-lancing in web development sphere. I was interested in looking for a 9-5 job, but I think for now I am better off working on independent projects.

I am currently doing development in the areas of PHP, MySQL, and Macromedia MX( DW MX, Flash MX and Communication Server, Coldfusion MX). Anyone interested in collaborating on a project to deliver streaming audio, text and video chats in Flash MX players. It's a research assignment, and if you are a Flash developer then drop me a line

[email protected]

Comment

Did anyone of you think about joining the links I posted here a couple of weeks ago. Some of the lists are fairly active even though a majority of them are in Pakistan.

As for the forum, still working on it. perhaps we may have to start off with a database first as you had suggested if it takes too much time. By the way letting me and the admin know that you want such a forum is always helpful http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/smile.gif.

Originally posted by outlaw:
        Well, I am free-lancing in web development sphere. I was interested in looking for a 9-5 job, but I think for now I am better off working on independent projects.

I am currently doing development in the areas of PHP, MySQL, and Macromedia MX( DW MX, Flash MX and Communication Server, Coldfusion MX). Anyone interested in collaborating on a project to deliver streaming audio, text and video chats in Flash MX players. It's a research assignment, and if you are a Flash developer then drop me a line

[email protected]

Comment

Nice idea Fraudz.

As most of you know I am/was looking for a job abroad, my purpose to gain further experience, kind of get to know new people and networks, learn about other things, culture and mostly to broaden my horizon ect..! I am sure I can get an one year leave from my current firm and join again later, this is not the issue. The main thing is to find an appropiate opening for me, as I would like to do something interesting and fullfilling and use my learned skills and knowledge. At first I though I'd stay in Europe, now I am thinking of going even further. As I have relatives in Toronto I would like to try my luck there, I really don't know much about the job market there, I would appreciate any help or contacts, rest I will take care myself. I am willing to send my resumes to only those who I think I might be able to trust or better direct to the companies.

hmcq, what happened to your idea of the career forum? Is it coming in the near future?

Comment

working on it SaadiaB.

Comment

sounds great !!!
              I hope it will be great to have openings on some specific forum so that one can take a look on them and I don't think posting one's resume is good idea or it is needed.One can contact the companies that have openings by oneself ...no?

Comment

uff not necessarily. in some cases jobs are internal postings or specific people in the company are asked to see if they can bring in someone from their prior company for a particular role. Just today I had passed on an opportunity to one of our gupsters, but since it is one of those kinds of posting they will not entertain unsolicited resumes.

It depends though, in some cases people may just make you aware of an opportunity and you could contact the recruiter directly, and in other cases you have to have the guy on the inside hand off yer resume.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Working...
                X