Jobs in Pakistan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jobs in Pakistan

My mother is doing a beautician course and i have been told that beauticians earn a lot of money in Pakistan. Is that true.
    I am hoping to get a masters and for us to both move to Pakistan. I intend to be a university lecturer....how much do they earn and how are job prospects for both fields.
    Help would be much appreciated.

Originally posted by s_H_e_I_k_H:
    My mother is doing a beautician course and i have been told that beauticians earn a lot of money in Pakistan. Is that true.
    I am hoping to get a masters and for us to both move to Pakistan. I intend to be a university lecturer....how much do they earn and how are job prospects for both fields.
    Help would be much appreciated.
    dunno about the beautician thingy..as far as the lecturer thing is concerned, u can expect to get anywhere b/w 7,000-20,000/mo. this varies from uni to uni(public/private). and also depends on ur research/teaching/experience/field.

i have seen professors who are getting upto 100,000/mo but these are very rare cases. and either they have phd's from reputed uni, tons of research and god knows what else.

in some uni's ms students might start out as ta's. also if u are seriously considering teaching as a life-long profession phd might help.

best of luck in ur career goals ! http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/ok.gif

------------------
    I dunno where I'm going. I dunno what for. But I'm making progress.
    I don't know where I am going. I don't know what for but I am making progress.

Comment

Thanks for your help. Are you quoting rupees and is m/o monthly?
      Also is Islmabad the highest payed area or is Lahore, Karachi similar in their pay.
      Thanks again for you help.

Comment

well in islamabad beautician do earn a lot....and if the parlour is in central isb and is good...they charge alot...Well my sis is getting ready for her wedding from a parlour and for 2 days she is charging Rs.20,000...and that is on discount bcuz for one day she charges 12,000...hehe...well it is true,and they charge Rs.1000 for a hair cut...so u can imagine how much they earn.

As for lecturship...it varies...like in Szabist my sis friend (she is an MSc in computer) was offered 50,000 for full time...and if u r on visiting faculty then u get 600-800 per hour, it also varies with ur qualifications.

[This message has been edited by enchanted (edited July 14, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by enchanted (edited July 14, 2002).]

Comment

a thousand for haircuts????

damn...

Comment

Thanks for your help. Are you quoting rupees and is m/o monthly?
            Also is Islmabad the highest payed area or is Lahore, Karachi similar in their pay.
            Thanks again for you help.
            in rupees http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/smile.gif
            u can get a good job in lhr,kar or isl...it comes down to where u want to settle..which place suits u..

------------------

Comment

Thats more than they earn in England!!

Comment

I have been told that teaching English is the highest payed form of teachig in Pakistan.
                I don't have money to start up a business in Pakistan so is it possible if someone can tell me what the highest payed jobs are in pakistan besides computing as i hate that.
                I am British born and British educated.
                Thanks for your help.

Comment

I have been told that teaching English is the highest payed form of teachig in Pakistan.
                  I don't have money to start up a business in Pakistan so is it possible if someone can tell me what the highest payed jobs are in pakistan besides computing as i hate that.
                  I am British born and British educated.
                  Thanks for your help.
                  u said that u were going to get an ms? soo it doesn't really matter which are the highest paid jobs(i don't think if we can even categorize that).. u can excel in any field u want..

------------------

Comment

I've been to Karachi and Lahore. One of my aunties moved to Islamabad with my grandmother and i will be visiting them during Ramadhan. My mum wants to move to Islamabad as she always knows it as clean and organised.
                    I'll be checking it out during Ramadhan.
                    Generally how are house rental prices there.
                    My friends say that Lahore and Karachi are a lot cheaper than Islamabad which is a little off putting. When i move i'll be looking for a 4 bedroom place.
                    P.S Thanks for your help.

Comment

A friend of mine owns the institute "Languatech" in Lahore. Their main marketing point for the English language courses is, that all the lecturers are British nationals and have lived in the UK for a substantial part of their life.

If you're interested, I could forward your e-mail address to him and you could get in contact directly.

------------------
                      Umer, the Pakistani Brain of Austria
                      The Pakistani Brain of the Austria (formerly known as "The Pakistani Brain of UAE")

Comment

That would be extremely helpful. Thanks.
                        However i won't be moving to Pakistan too soon. I still need to finish my degree and my mother needs to finish her course also.
                        In a few of years ( if i decide on a masters) i can make solid plans of what exactly i will do. It would however be nice to have someone who can help me when i go to pakistan.

Comment

May I ask if there is a reason that you have to move back to Pakistan? I for one feel that when you finish your education you will be able to do well in the UK.

have you worked in Pakistan before and have you lived there? if not, you may want to get a better understanding of the lifestyle there, teh challenges, benefits etc etc.

Beauticians CAN make good money in Pakistan, some do, many do not, just like in the UK.

Get an idea of compensation and cost of living in different cities, cultural atmosphere etc.
                          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

There are a few reasons that i want to move to Pkaistan such as family and a more Islamic living amongst other reasons.
                            Just like you have advised i am going Pakistan during Ramadan for about six weeks and will examine my options.
                            I am still a long time from leaving as i have a lot of education to complete and my mothers beauty course but my intention is to definitely go down after my education is finished.

Comment

did you grow up in the UK or moved recently?

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Working...
                              X