Social Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Social Work

Can anyone in Toronto provide me with some stats on social work? Like how's the job market, salary potential etc.

------------------
    "O people! Muhammad has no sons among ye men, but verily, he is the Messenger of Allah and the last in the line of Prophets. And Allah is aware of everything." (33:40)

"The Hour will not come ... until nearly thirty "dajjals" (liars) appear, each one claiming to be a messenger from Allah." (Sahih Bukhari, Sahih Muslim)
    22.1 . O mankind! Fear your Lord . Lo! the earthquake of the Hour ( of Doom ) is a tremendous thing .

social work and salaray! :-o
    and all that time i had an impression that social workers provide their services for free http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/hoonh.gif

Comment

I don't care if it's small..I just want to know what the range is..and the demand for it...

------------------
      "O people! Muhammad has no sons among ye men, but verily, he is the Messenger of Allah and the last in the line of Prophets. And Allah is aware of everything." (33:40)

"The Hour will not come ... until nearly thirty "dajjals" (liars) appear, each one claiming to be a messenger from Allah." (Sahih Bukhari, Sahih Muslim)
      22.1 . O mankind! Fear your Lord . Lo! the earthquake of the Hour ( of Doom ) is a tremendous thing .

Comment

If i knew of any social work job that paid, hell i'd have that job already!
        Yaad aaiy jo dard ki raat may, jis ki baat ho apni har baat may.

Comment

does social work include help lines for domestic violence victims?

Need in Toronto - Lots especially for muslims/other ethinicities.

Pay- none, except for the gratitude of the people you help out.

On the environmental end - There are tonnes of jobs dealing with the environment that pay money though not a lot. Dont know the scope in Toronto.

Comment

once again..I'm not looking for a lot of dinero... http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/smile.gif

I think help lines would be more of a volunter thing than a social work thingie..

------------------

Comment

Have you looked into teaching at your local school, especially for adults? They generally pay and though it is not much you would be helping people get a step up in life.

If you are interested in doing your own thing and since you are a CS major, I would suggest that you help local charities by building up web sites and charging them a nomial fee. And you could even start with your local mosque, though I doubt you would get paid for it. It really depends on how much you want to get into the social work thing, cause youo could work at a nursing home and take care of elderly people but that very often can get too close for comfort for people.

There is a lot of volunteer work depends on how much dinero and how much social work you feel like doing.

Comment

Hinna attached are some which note some salary listings as well as teh type of jobs and organizations that ppl with degrees in social work went to.
                http://www.upenn.edu/careerservices/sw/sswsalsurv.html
                http://www.indiana.edu/~socwork/soccareer.html
                http://www.auburn.edu/social_work/career.htm

http://www.socialwork.columbia.edu/swatcol/careers.cfm# (this one has a link which has areas like hosptitals or child waelfare and percentages of ppl which go in diff areas of social services)
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

here is a link for ontario association of social workers, you may find this helpful.
                  http://www.oasw.org
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Hinna

this is a great article on social work in canada.
                    http://www.socialworkincanada.org/pd...verview_en.pdf

page 7 onwards has some great info on the increase in jobs in thsi area, and why.

[This message has been edited by Fraudz (edited June 29, 2002).]

Comment

Thanks Fraud!

------------------

Comment

i remembered reading this thread, so thought I'd post this here... not specifically for Toronto, but Socail Work opportunities in general - if yu go to the url provided, it has info on available positions and salaries.

---------------------------------------------

Human Resources/Social Services Jobs USA

Entry Level Opportunities Helping Others!

The Work is Important - The Satisfaction is Incredible?
                        Make a difference by helping those in need - children, adolescents & adults with mental
                        health issues, autism, criminal justice, troubled adolescents and developmental or
                        physical disabilities.

No experience? New Graduate? No Problem!

Enjoy excellent on the job training. Hundreds of entry level openings in New England USA -
                        New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Massachusetts.
                        An opportunity to gain valuable experience and training while living and working in the
                        New England, USA area - one of the most vibrant and exciting areas in the world!

Interview in Canada - Work in the USA
                        Interview Date Coming Up in the following cities:
                        Montreal, Toronto, Halifax, Ottawa, Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Winnipeg, Fredericton
                        Call Now! 800-863-0076

If you are interested - Call Erin to find out how you can make this happen! We will work
                        with you to find the right employment situation for you. 1-800-863-0076 (local number
                        781-340-5251) or fax resume to 1-800-862-8754 (local number 781-340-5257); email
                        mailto:[email protected] ; apply on line at http://www.hamsher.com . Never a fee to a
                        candidate! Equal Opportunity Employer.

Hamilton & Sherwood Employment Service is a permanent placement firm specializing in
                        recruitment for the human services industry. We have placed over 1,200 Canadians in U.S.
                        professional positions in the past 6 years. Whether you are seeking your first position in
                        the field or a growth opportunity, we can help you just as we have helped thousands of
                        others find the right opportunity!

HUMAN SERVICES/SOCIAL SERVICES?.
                        NOT JUST A PAYCHECK?NOT JUST ANOTHER JOB?
                        A CHANCE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
                        NEVER A FEE TO A CANDIDATE - WE PROCESS ALL IMMIGRATION PAPERWORK

---------------------------------------------
                        For reason, ruling alone, is a force confining - and passion, unattended, is a flame that burns to its own destruction - Khalil Gibran

Comment

Working...
                        X