Theories of Persuasiveness by Managment and Supervision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Theories of Persuasiveness by Managment and Supervision

I'm looking for a few theories, if anyone has written papers or has read any outstanding articles please let me know. I have been going through books and so far I've found plenty material but I still need some more enlightenment on this topic. Possibly a different perspective http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/smile.gif

------------------
    Jitna Diya Sarkar Nay Mujko, Itni Meri Auqat Nahi, Yeh Saab Tumhara Karam Hai Aqa, Mujh Mein Aisi Koi Baat Nahin.

It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.
    Rabul MashriqaiN wal MaghribaiN

Last month's HBR had a good survey on kinds of tactics to manage up and/or down. go to www.hbr.com and try searching for desired topic.

Comment

http://www.workingpsychology.com/modernp.html
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

reading the topic of your discussion, the first thing that came to mind was the ABC model (Antecedents, Behavior and Consequences)in Positive Reinforcement... its just one of the various performance management models out there... one that I find more contemporary than the traditional theory X, Y and Z.

You can do a search on " ABC model and performance management" etc. and I'm sure you'll get tons of links.
        For reason, ruling alone, is a force confining - and passion, unattended, is a flame that burns to its own destruction - Khalil Gibran

Comment

Overall: Thanks a lot people

ChaltaHai: I checked out that site, not exactly what I was looking for . . .

Fraudia: The website was only brushing the topic, not in detail.

Umar: You hit the spot man, I can always count on you for this kinda stuff http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/smile.gif

Thank You Everyone.

------------------
          Jitna Diya Sarkar Nay Mujko, Itni Meri Auqat Nahi, Yeh Saab Tumhara Karam Hai Aqa, Mujh Mein Aisi Koi Baat Nahin.

It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.
          Rabul MashriqaiN wal MaghribaiN

Comment

on the same point. What good books have you used in college or else where on organizational behaviour. Also does anyone have papers or articles on managers roles in preventing violence in the workplace - an ever more important part our everyday life.

Comment

And Fraudia any good marketing books. we had the most horrible professor!

Comment

for Marketing, you can't go wrong with Kotler - I used his book in my A-Levels and in MBA we were using a newer edition. Stanton is another good author to look out for Management in general.

I hate OB - again cuz our prof. is horrible... she uses her own notes / theories she's developing etc. so can't help you with any "books" as such for that. I have an HR course with the same prof. next year - God help me!
                For reason, ruling alone, is a force confining - and passion, unattended, is a flame that burns to its own destruction - Khalil Gibran

Comment

Working...
                X