Teaching at the College/University level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teaching at the College/University level

Anyone know what is required to teach at the college/university level? Any information would be great. Thanks http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/smile.gif

Lily,
    it depends on
    1- the institution i.e. what University/College you want to teach at
    2- the level you want to teach at: Undergraduate degree programs ;
    Postgraduate diploma programs ;
    Graduate level programs
    etc.
    3- your faculty status

For teaching at University with a faculty status of an Assistant Professor or in some cases an Associate Professor, you normally require a Ph.D. or you should be near completion in your Ph.D. program.

For teaching at University with an instructor status, you need a Masters degree in a related field. Positions such as these are exceptionally rare.

For teaching at a Community College in a degree program, you need a Masters degree and to teach a Postgraduate diploma program, you need either a Masters degree or a Bachelors degree with relevant work experience.

The above are merely guidelines from little that I know. I teach at various community colleges in Toronto as a Program Instructor for Post-Graduate Diploma programs.

Hope that helps...
    For reason, ruling alone, is a force confining - and passion, unattended, is a flame that burns to its own destruction - Khalil Gibran

Comment

Working...
    X