AP vs. GCE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AP vs. GCE

Would you think that AP will be, in any way, useful for a person who has done GCE A levels in three subjects?
    Is an AP considred higher than a GCE A level?

------------------
    Get Back to Where you Once Belonged!

I assume AP = the college board Advanced Placement ??

If so, I don't think it has much use for someone who's done the G.C.E. A-Levels.

The main reason you'd wanna do your APs is to get transfer credits at Univ. but the
    A-Levels are recognized for transfer credits at most accredited institutions as it is...

I know at MIT for example, you get 12 credits for a score of 5 on AP and the same credits for either an "A" or a "B" (!!) on the A-Levels...

At the University of Toronto, I got courses waived in first year for Calculus, Business and Physics since I had a B or better on them in my A-Levels.

That's moi 2-cents. Hope that helps.

Ciao,
    Umar.
    For reason, ruling alone, is a force confining - and passion, unattended, is a flame that burns to its own destruction - Khalil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Umar Talib:

I know at MIT for example, you get 12 credits for a score of 5 on AP and the same credits for either an "A" or a "B" (!!) on the A-Levels...

At the University of Toronto, I got courses waived in first year for Calculus, Business and Physics since I had a B or better on them in my A-Levels.
      WOW!.....and these aussies made me do everything again!

Comment

But I found the Advanced Placement course much more higher than the GCE a level one.

------------------
        Get Back to Where you Once Belonged!

Comment

Placement test helps us get credit for a 100 level course...

I got 24 credits for my three alevel subjects, which is pretty neat http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/wink.gif So I had to do no chemistry/physics/calculus courses at uni

Comment

Working...
          X