Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GMAT!!!

Guppies,
    I am sure some of you took the exam or about to take one. Please tell me few tips and let me know what sort of books i should use. I mean by barnes, kaplan etc.

-planning to take it next year inshallah http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/smile.gif

[This message has been edited by nia_khan (edited June 19, 2002).]
    Life became all Gray! But NOW i have decided to paint it all over again.

I Tawt I Taw A Puddy Tat

maybe this would help you a bit http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/smile.gif

Comment

Oh, and while you guys are at it, give some feedback on the GRE too!!!

Comment

Both exams are fairly easy if you like mcq's. For GMATS focus on the first few questions cause they cause they greatest advantages in terms of scores. Kaplan's book is fairly good and you shou;d get the CD with it and just practice. Depends on how good you are studying, you can either spend a week before the exams and do well or you can build up slowly.

Same goes for GREs except that they are bit more technical. The big problem been the english parts. The maths is fairly easy. Again the Kaplan books should be good. but for these you probably need a bit more practice.

Comment

NIA: I took a course before taking the exam with Princeton review. I think it helped quite a bit. It is definitely worth it.

Comment

Take the Kaplan course. It costs more $$ but I felt it was worth it. I think studying for GMATs should be atleast 6 months before the exam.

------------------
            The eyelids of a Rajputs eyes are lowered only in death.

Comment

Start with the kaplan study guide. its relatively cheap compared to the compelete classes and it should let you know how much more work you need.

Also, In business school aps, your references count a lot more generally then your gmat which though it needs to be decent is not the only thing that gets you in. A lot depends on your essays and your references essays about you.

Comment

I took the GMAT in December, did well. I started studying for it about 4 months prior...although the intensity if the studying increased as exam time approached. I bought the book (Kaplan!)...and just did all the practice exams. Focus on the "Data sufficiency" questions in the Math section, there tend to be many of them...and are a paradigm shift for the uninitiated. The English section was a joke (For anyone who has taken college level english). Quite a few of the questions were actually right from the practice tests so do all the practice test...and relax...its just an aptitude test!

Comment

Hey nia,
                  long time no c.

NEWayz, the GMAT aint that hard at all -
                  Personally, I didn't study for it and went it with the mindset of testing it out to see if I need to seriously study for it...
                  did decent but could have done better with some studying... I would think for someone who's already graduated from University... a couple of weeks brushing up on your English grammar basics and speeding up your basic Math skills should do.

With reference to books, I would recommend the Kaplan books... not cuz I have a lasting employee loyalty to Kaplan - aah moi first real job! hehe... but just cuz I've seen the Barron's and the Princeton''s while I worked there and honestly Kaplan's is better.

Good Luck though with whicever ones you get and dunn worry too much!

Ciao.
                  For reason, ruling alone, is a force confining - and passion, unattended, is a flame that burns to its own destruction - Khalil Gibran

Comment

Working...
                  X