Communication at work place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Communication at work place

It is kind of hard to describe how you deal with people in a work environment. Do you have a certain way you communicate with your boss, colleagues, people in other departments? Where do you draw a line when it comes to kissing up to your superiors and becoming a total pain in their neck?

There comes a time when you start avoiding people or people start avoiding you for one reason or the other. Sometimes it comes to a point when you stop making eye contacts….I mean how many smiles can u give to people who have zero social skills.

Also, what method of communication do you prefer emails, phones or direct conversation

I prefer direct conversation, but of course that's not always possible and not always useful.

Like a colleague needs some information for continuing his work on a project. I could now start talking about that particular task and the information he needs for ages or I could just simply send him a file with the needed data by e-mail!

------------------
    Umer, the Pakistani Brain of Austria

[This message has been edited by Umer (edited May 31, 2002).]
    The Pakistani Brain of the Austria (formerly known as "The Pakistani Brain of UAE")

Comment

BoSS,

At work I am usually not very sociable. In the mornings I greet fellow co-workers, then I get busy with work. During breaks, I give the occasional smile. I generally do not make chit-chat. If someone else does, I dont mind but then I get back to work ASAP. My shyness probably has a part to play in this.

I dont believe I kiss-up to my superiors. I simply greet them and if I have a question I ask them. Otherwise I go about my business. If I am not smiling when coming into work, they usually ask me whats wrong, before I say anything. Friendly individuals.

I prefer emails, and if not that, then direct conversation. *smile*

------------------
      Learn to love yourself, then learn to love one-another

This is not my Paradise
      "O man! What has seduced thee from thy Lord Most Beneficent?" - Quran 82:6

Sponsor and choose an orphan at alyateem dot com

Comment

Working...
      X