joining the PAF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

joining the PAF

Hey guys, i'm a newbie so please bear with my lack of Urdu skillz, or lack of the ability to translate Urdu into english lettering....., but anyway I want to know if there is any way a non-Pakistani citizen can join the PAF. I'm an american born paki, and i absolutley MUST fly, but flying for the USAF would probably buy me a one way ticket to Jehennum.

^ you might be able to get first class http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/hehe.gif

i think you posted in the wrong forum, there are threads such as cafe, and career and academics
    mods would probably move it as soon as one of 'em comes...

Welcome to GS
    see you around

Comment

probably not. because u have to have a domicile.
      plus u might be a little too old for it now. i think PAF recruits at a pretty young age. i remember giving the PAF entry exam in 8th grade.

------------------
      Pyaar Bhi Zindagi Ki Tarah Hota Hay.
      Hur Mor Asan Nahin Hota, Hur Mor Pay Khushi Nahin Milti;
      Pur Jub Hum Zindagi Ka Saath Nahin Chortay To Pyaar Ka Saath Kyon Chorayn.
      "maybe u weren't born to scale mountains, or stop wars, or draw a masterpiece. maybe ur purpose in life is greater than that, you'll touch a heart, make a friend, and give someone so much happiness, u'll feel like u've lived your life." -dewani teri

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

transferred to cafe..from image..

------------------
          Game is neither created, nor destroyed, and surprizingly, it doesn't get over. It only changes forms. Being over is ONLY the starting.
          • TdT, H d pL, with these we shape our future
          Ba'Qalam-e-khud, deewaan'e-gs say baraah'e-raast, Jang Bahaadur Nawaab'e-Lucknow Shaan'e-Brampton Miyaan Shamsheer-ul-Faizy(H.R.H.H.Mister confused)

Comment

Ghoray bhai, this belongs in Career forum! :-P
            I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
            - Robert McCloskey

Comment

you will need to be a citizen of Pak. A passport shouldn't be too hard to get if you know people in Pak who can do it for you.

And as in all the forces, if you are Sindhi
              or Balochi, your chances are much less. I'm not joking with you, I went through it.

Comment

Realdeal.

If you dont have real knowledge about an issue, then its best not to say anything.

Comment

Knowledge? I already said I went through the process! and I know others who have done the same!

Comment

....and I know others who went through the process quite successfully. The Airforce's recruitment doctrine is very liberal. They encourage officers and recruits from underrepresented areas such as FANA, FATA Sindh Balochistan etc. I know of at least one officer from Gilgit who is now at the Air Vice Marshall level. As for Sindhis, the most famous was Air Marshall (R) Daudpota and there are many officers at all levels. Same is the case with Balochis too. I will check on the names of some of the higher ranking officers. Moreover I think the Changezis were balochis as well. Air Marshall Sharbat Ali Changezi was AOC and then Vice Chief I think under Zia.

Comment

Originally posted by RealDeal:
                      Knowledge? I already said I went through the process! and I know others who have done the same!
                      Your failure was obviously because you didnt fit the bill. And you are conveniently choosing to blame the forces for your deficiencieshttp://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/smile.gif

There are other (sindhis baluchis etc) who have made it through successfully because they were capable enough.

Comment

Akif- you don't know me, and you don't know the others I am talking about. When i am short of some standard, I readily accept it.
                        I know what I am capable of and not capable of.

Even when Sindhi/Balochi tokens get into the Army they are treated differently. Especially at the Academy.

You are speaking from prejudice/opinion. I am speaking from personal experience of myself, friends and family. MANY. MANY people, not just one or two.

Make up whatever reason you want, I was not born with this opinion. It has come through living and experiencing. That's it.

Yes I know about Azim Daudpota, he is a rare exception, and many say his heritage is why he did not become head of the AF.

Comment

can i join the pak force, army/navy or air if i was born in pakistan, but live in america and am 16?

Comment

16 is too young I think. Check the website. http://www.pakistanairforce.gov.pk/

Good luck.

[This message has been edited by RealDeal (edited May 02, 2002).]

Comment

Oh of course Daudpota's heritage kept him from being chief. I believe he was up for the promotion during BBs tenure so why wasn't he promoted? Like I said before if you look at the number of officers entering now you will notice a remarkable difference, they are not tokens anymore (not that I belive that they were in the past) and no one is treated differently...it is simply not allowed in the armed forces. For one thing it is against the rules to speak anything other than Urdu or English while in Uniform. Yes I do agree that children of servicepeople get in easier and that might lead you to think that there is antipathy against the members from the smaller provinces, but look at the figures of how many apply and how many get in from the smaller provinces.

Comment

Working...
                              X