Resume Writers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resume Writers

Can anyone recommend a really good resume writer?

other than...?

I mean, generally only you yourself can write a good resume about yourself.

Am I missing something, or are u looking for a software or something?

Many job sites, give examples of good resumes, and some job hunting services provide resume analysis for a fee (or FREE).

Comment

other than myself.

I have been told that I understate my qualities. I want someone that will "interview" me, refer to my existing resume and create one.

Comment

So basically, you want someone else to praise you since you're not good at it yourself?

Comment

one suggestion would be to write down every acomplishment that you can think of and write it down. try and be as complete as possible and then wait a day or a week and redo it without looking at the old list.

then use that and build a one page resume from it. You can also get a friend to talk to about all your acomplishment. Ask someone who is a good recorder of information and is willing to ask lots of questions and then use him/her to assemble your resume.

I would be more then willing to take a look at your resume and ask questions if you want and compare them with resumes I have seen from school/work if you want.

Just give me a week to get over my finals though http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/smile.gif.

Comment

PS: I would not recommend one of the paid resume writers online. I dont think they are any good. You could go to an executive firm that you TRUST but generally they charge a lot of money and are there to make money so i am not sure how much use they are. One idea may be to talk to you ex-schools career service and ask them to take a look at your resume and see what they can recommend. Sometimes it is just a matter of using the right words rather then making significant changes. Eg. Our career service people virtually hate the word "managed" http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/smile.gif and always expect us to use action words such as developed or put it in terms of monetary changes to the process.

Hope that helps.

Comment

hmcq

but if u actually managed, what other word would they have you use http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/smile.gif sometimes you have to use the word managed, dont ya?
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Yeah I know, especially if it is like web site or IT related work. The other words that have been suggested are :
                Improved, Implemented, Expanded, etc

Originally posted by Fraudz:
                hmcq

but if u actually managed, what other word would they have you use http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/smile.gif sometimes you have to use the word managed, dont ya?

Comment

y dont u e-mail me the stuff... and i'll TRY...but if you find someone else... go for it...

Comment

Originally posted by ghalib:
                    So basically, you want someone else to praise you since you're not good at it yourself?
                    If that's how you see your resume...then, yes.

hmcq,

I didn't have any intention of using just anyone that I can find on the net or in some directory. That's why I posted here. I wanted to find someone that someone knows....but it needs to be someone that does this professionally.

Comment

Originally posted by Muzna:
                      If that's how you see your resume...then, yes.

hmcq,

I didn't have any intention of using just anyone that I can find on the net or in some directory. That's why I posted here. I wanted to find someone that someone knows....but it needs to be someone that does this professionally.

Ok.
                      Why dont you ask your ex-schools career service people. They generally have a good idea of the people who are good at this based on the feedback they get from their students experience.

Comment

Working...
                      X