Short-term dilemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Short-term dilemma

What do you do when you know you only want to work for a couple of months in a certain job/position? When I go for an interview I tell the person hiring that this is my intention(i.e. short-term employment). I feel guilty if I make them believe I will be there for an extended period of time, when I know I will not. Employers often tell me at interview that they dont want to waste time on training a person to have them leave a few months later. This is a big dilemma for me. Maybe thats why I am rarely hired, but I always feet honesty is the best policy when applying for work(among other things). Any advice? Thanks.

------------------
    Learn to love yourself, then learn to love one-another

This is not my Paradise
    "O man! What has seduced thee from thy Lord Most Beneficent?" - Quran 82:6

Sponsor and choose an orphan at alyateem dot com

Yeah! Munni that's right companies don't look for short term commitments IF they have to train the person on the job. I myself had to train some people and it was really annoying that one person left after two months.

Honesty is still the best policy but IF they don't ask about your intention you don't have to tell them yourself. You can join a job and after the few months make an excuse that this job did not fullfill your expectations which is a of course valid reason for leaving after few months time.

Good Luck! http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/smile.gif

Comment

Munni

companies do not offer u jobs for life either. I am surprised that companies still expect worker loyalty and commitment when they treat people like disposable resources.

In this case, i would say honesty is not the best policy. tell them your intention si to be there, but when you do have to move..just move. plans change..things change.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Working...
      X