Nature of the Job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nature of the Job

For the last two semesters , I have been taking only project oriented courses; kinda like the ones where you have to sit in front of the computer, coding whole day long or more; and this same routines continues through out the semester.

I haven't found this situation extremely likeable. For one, you get bored. Then you get irritated going over the same code over and over again and still not able to locate a bug thats hiding in there. And worst of all, you get to SIT WHOLE DAY LONG. Yeah obviously, your back hurts and then the chances are very bright that you'll get fat sooner or later.

Now I dont have any job experience. But this really makes me wonder what exactly am I putting myself upto and would I actually actually enjoy such a job?

Those of you who are already working under similar conditions, would you like to share your experiences with us?

ps. An additional problem is extremely easy and frequent access to GupShup.
    I'm cold seed, I'm your sweetest leaf
    I'll ease your mind, I'll set you free

You got that right...this kind of job can bring you stiff-back or carpal tunnel syndrome at the end but hey, this is the job which is paying you a lot...isnt it http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/wink.gif

well, there are always pros and cons associated with every job that you do, but i guess this job is not as horrific as it may seem. The work environment is always different from your academic one...you still have to face the pressure but in a different way. Initially you may find it more monotonous but with the passage of time you'll see there is a lot of variation in this field, and especially with this ever changing trends and technologies.

so i would say stick on to this and one day when you realise there has been a radical change in your appearence, be assured you are in this e-geeks club http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/smile.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Scratch:
      I haven't found this situation extremely likeable. For one, you get bored. Then you get irritated going over the same code over and over again and still not able to locate a bug thats hiding in there. And worst of all, you get to SIT WHOLE DAY LONG. .[/B]
      Its just the beginning agay agay dekho hota hai kya ...if u don't like it then u better start planning right now and discover other options. Programming skills will certainly get you a good job (once the economy recovers) but it is not worth spending your life infront of the machine unless u r a kudu I mean geek.

I hate programming but programmers have always surprised me by their creativity and no-life-ness!

Comment

Working...
      X