Scholarship fund to assist Pakistani students for MBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scholarship fund to assist Pakistani students for MBA

Scholarship fund to assist Pakistani students for MBA.

Thursday, April 04, 2002

The University of Scranton, PA has established a scholarship fund to assist Pakistani students who are interested in pursuing their MBA at the University. In the fall of 2002, two such scholarships are available.

Applicants should have good scores in GMAT and TOFEL. They must also have a Bachelor degree from Pakistan.

For further information, contact:
    Mr. James Goonan,
    Graduate School,
    University of Scranton,
    Scranton, PA 18510
    or by phone at 570-941-7600.

Interested candidates can also wirte at [email protected] or visit the university website at wwww.scranton.edu.

Refrence
    I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
    - Robert McCloskey

Nice to hear about these new scholarships, although if your doing an MBA, you would be better off having your firm pay for it.

Of course this is not applicable for everyone, but after your done with Undergrad you can find a job in a financial services company that provides tuition assistance. Work there for a few years and then go back to school to do an MBA.

That was what I did. The time that I spent working, I was saving a lot of money because I was living at home (no expenses at all), when I started the MBA program in NYC, I had to find an apartment and had associated expenses.

With the money I had saved while working, not only did I pay for my living expenses but also a portion of tuition (My firm cover about 65%). I ended up graduating with no loans and my life in NYC was very comfortable.

Hope this helps all those planning on doing an MBA.

Also if you have any questions about Columbia University Business Programs or anything else, feel free to ask.

------------------
    The eyelids of a Rajputs eyes are lowered only in death.

Comment

ahmadjee,

What about students that get their degree in the US? Not qualified?

RajputFury,

Columbia is a tough school to get into correct?

Thanks!

------------------
      Learn to love yourself, then learn to love one-another

This is not my Paradise
      "O man! What has seduced thee from thy Lord Most Beneficent?" - Quran 82:6

Sponsor and choose an orphan at alyateem dot com

Comment

Originally posted by Munni:

RajputFury,

Columbia is a tough school to get into correct?

Thanks!

I would say Columbia is fairly competitive.

------------------
        The eyelids of a Rajputs eyes are lowered only in death.

Comment

Rajput

good ideas except soemone who got his undergrad in Pak probably does not have family to live with in US to keep his expenses low. Additionally firm sponsorship is decreasing and for pak graduates they really need to be from LUMS or IBA, that is about it.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Working...
          X