Freelance writers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freelance writers

Are there any freelance writers here? Any advice to someone starting out? I've been going through Writers Digest and other magazines and websites with good information, but would appreciate any advice you all may have. Thanks!

I was reading about querying. Theres so much competition out there. Any area/fields that need more writers? Thanks again.

------------------
    Learn to love yourself, then learn to love one-another
    "O man! What has seduced thee from thy Lord Most Beneficent?" - Quran 82:6

Sponsor and choose an orphan at alyateem dot com

depends on what type of publications you are targetting, I have written for newspapers and I know Muzna has as well. There must be others as well.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Fraudia,

you have only written for papers? What section of the papers did you write for if you dont mind my asking? Thanks!

I will focus on magazines, not papers right now. Specifically start-ups and also environmental ones perhaps.

------------------
      Learn to love yourself, then learn to love one-another
      "O man! What has seduced thee from thy Lord Most Beneficent?" - Quran 82:6

Sponsor and choose an orphan at alyateem dot com

Comment

Munni

I wrote for entertainment sections.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Yup free lance writer here, one recommendation if you want to go into media/magazine permanently learn Quark!
          Another learn Short hand for journalism

If you write more opinion pieces you can be fairly relaxed about the writing style, but newspaper journalism is quite different
          How can a man die better than facing fearful odds for the ashes of his fathers and the Temple of his Gods?

Comment

Working...
          X