Job Search in Saudi Arabia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Job Search in Saudi Arabia

I am looking for agencies which help job seekers to be placed in the Saudi IT industry. I have tried searching on the net, but without luck. Also, I want to hear about personal experiences of those who have worked in IT/telecom sectors in Saudi Arabia.

I will forward your query to some people I know who who are working in IT area in Saudi Arabia. One went directly from pakistan, but had contacts in Saudi Arabia, other was working for a multinational in Uk and was approached by a recruiter.

At one time I was contacted by a recruiting agency to work in UAE, I may still have their contact info although it is 4-5 years old.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Fraudz, much appreciated..

Comment

Very nice question Abdullah Bhai. I'm interested in working in Gulf too, especially Saudia.

Fraudz, can you pass me that info too, Thanks

Comment

sure guys, I will post the response here. It may take me a couple of days. meanwhile abdullah, look up ehsan who is usually found in the sports section, if i remember right he either works or used to work in saudi arabia, additionally Thap works in egypt so he may be able to give you some pointers about the region in general.

I have emailed the dude i know, and will post his reponse as soon as I get it back.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Good. I'll be counting on that too http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/smile.gif

Comment

I am currently working for Morgan & Banks TMP in Dubai, which is a International Headhunters.
              If you want to work out in the Middle East, please contact me on my yahoo email, which is on my details.

Comment

Big company, Landmark IT mostly UNIX based support for oil companies. Once you get a job with them there's a very good chance to be placed in the Middle East. Just today I met a Pakistani guy transferred from Pakistan to Egypt and now works internally in BP with me in Cairo.

I also know people who have requested to be moved to Iran and Saudi Arabia.

There is always a lot of opportunity for IT jobs in the oil business and the best way in is through consultancies like Landmark. This way you get better pay and flexibility rather than getting a job with a Saudi company directly.

Comment

Sorry for the late response on this. The dude I had forwarded the question to was on vacation and then took his time responding.

But here is his response. As a background, he is a british pakistani who jusyt moved there about a year ago.

You asked me about work in Saudi.
                  The job market is good at present. They have been affected by the world slump a little. But the good thing that is happening is that some of the Saudi money is coming back as Saudi investors now want to invest locally.

There ahs been a rise in technology projects as well. Life here is alhamdulillah comfortable. There are a lot of large malls and restaurants. There are outdoor activities as well now such as water sports, horse riding, beach buggies, driving on sand dunes etc.

Only thing is that there is no career prospects here due to Saudization in jobs. People come here to do a job for which they are paid a salary equal to what they get in their home country plus a premium. When you are not needed then you go back.

Comment

Working...
                  X