Switching Careers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switching Careers

Is that really hard as it sounds ?!? No m not thinkin about changing my career.. its just that i was in the bus the other day n cudnt help hearin conversation between two gentle men .. one of em was recently laid off n was kinda desperate to find a new job .. but end up looking for sumthin he hardly knows about .. that was really sad..it made me think... i was just wondering if it is a sensible thing to do?!

------------------
    And your point is . . . ?
    Looking for fishes....<}}}><

I do believe it is a hard thing to do today. People who are 50 have Masters degrees and were laid off, but can't find a job as there are younger more tech savvy people applying for the jobs. With the young ones they can be trained and they will stay a long period with the company. However a man or woman who is 40 plus can only stay on for a couple of more years at the company before they retire. Also due to the various years of experience, these older laid off workers cannot start at the bottom and work their way up as they don't have the time. I am referring to middle and top management above.

If you are common blue-collar worker, work is just as hard to find, as there are more people in the work force and far less jobs. More people have college graduate degrees and are starting from scratch. But if you are changing jobs, you are changing the whole way you work. A new job, means forgoing all the investment you put into the old job as well as other benefits.

Comment

It depends on so many things. I will note a few of them
      1 your potential
      2 your age
      3 your determination
      4 your confidence
      5 your guidance you get
      6 your ability
      7 your support you get

If you have all of the above in Positive on a scale then switching career is as easy as 123....

Take care
      Ranjha

Comment

Originally posted by Ranjha2000:
        It depends on so many things. I will note a few of them
        1 your potential
        2 your age
        3 your determination
        4 your confidence
        5 your guidance you get
        6 your ability
        7 your support you get

If you have all of the above in Positive on a scale then switching career is as easy as 123....

Take care
        Ranjha
        Quite right, add eduction in the list too..

------------------
        .::. ﷲ ﻼﺃ ﷲﺃ ﻶ .::.

Comment

I don't think it's that complex. You just need MOTIVATION and a lot of it!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Moving to Careers

Comment

Working...
            X