an MBA internship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

an MBA internship

Its time to move from the utterly technical to relatively managerial. I'm seeking a summer internship as an MBA student. If anyone has any suggestions, contacts, advice please pass it along my way.

I'm currently working as an Internet Services Consultant but need to find something related to Management of Information Technology... my school doesn't see my current job as valid for my MBA internship as its focus is more technical than managerial.

I'm specializing in E-Business with a double minor in Knowledge Management and Marketing.

I can provide more details if anyone comes across a position that I might be interested in undertaking.

Thanks,
    Umar.
    For reason, ruling alone, is a force confining - and passion, unattended, is a flame that burns to its own destruction - Khalil Gibran

Umar hopefully u have started posting your resume on various sites and have sifted through the list of companies offering internships to students from your uni. The records are at the career centers.

If you are looking for summer, you need to start ASAP, because in many cases the decisions are made in march which means, review and interviews etc are going on as early as dec-jan.

What are you looking for, what locations? paid internship, bro-bono? etc..
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

I am in the same situation as Umar. And things are not looking too rosy.

Umar - Knowledge managment- tell me what you are focusing on I am starting some research in the area.

Comment

Hey Fraudia, yeah man did start the process as early as mid-Jan, also have an offer lined up from Cincinnati Ohio but I'm treating that as a backup cuz again its more of a technical function than managerial per say. Doing search through school and cold calling companies I'm interested in as well.

Right now, I'm looking anywhere and everywhere cuz visa and all aint a big problem... to work in the U.S. for the summer, I can get a TN1 and that isnt a big deal.

Yeah looking for a paid internship with competitive pay scale...

HMCQ, I still haven't really delved into Knowledge Management... actually the first course I'm taking towards my minor is next semester... Our Stream's Head is well-reputed in Management of Intellectual Capital and I'm guessing our courses would be directed toards that. How're you finding it? I only decided to do a double minor a month ago after listening to a series of talks in a seminar where I realized I was interested in learning more about this.

For reason, ruling alone, is a force confining - and passion, unattended, is a flame that burns to its own destruction - Khalil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Umar Talib:
          Hey Fraudia, yeah man did start the process as early as mid-Jan, also have an offer lined up from Cincinnati Ohio...
          Slightly unrelated to this thread, but is that offer by any chance from Procter & Gamble?
          Muslims are so good at dividing that they can divide the atom. If you see two Muslims, probably they belong to 3 parties.
          Al-Ghazali

Comment

Working...
          X